PDA

View Full Version : Wag The Dog?

fast4522
10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Does anyone really believe?

Robert Goren
10-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Are you saying plots discovered to kill the Saudi ambassador and others by Iran aren't true?

boxcar
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Are you saying plots discovered to kill the Saudi ambassador and others by Iran aren't true?

But it's sure getting an inordinate amount of press. (I mean it's not as though the guy was the Saudi king, for crying out loud.) Compare that attempt at murder with the actual murders that occurred under Fast and Furious operation and how little press we see on this huge scandal in the making.

Boxcar

mostpost
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM

Of course they are true. And someone in the Iranian government knew about them. Which does not necessarily mean that I'm A Dinner Jacket knew. It does not mean that the Ayatollahs knew. But someone knew. May have been I'm A Dinner Jacket; may have been Khomanei. (sp?) May have been the military; may have been a dark op.

One thing for certain, this will not lead to boots on the ground military action and very likely will not lead to any kind of attacks on Iran.
Talk of Wag the Dog is ludicrous.

elysiantraveller
10-12-2011, 11:51 PM

Egh... I guess we will find out but a lot of this doesn't make any sense.

ElKabong
10-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Other than holding a press conference, what will Holder and Erkel do?

Dinnerjacket is laughing his ass off at this, playing Pat Benetar's HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT playing in the background. He isn't afraid of featherdusters or pressers.

This is either a deceptive ploy by this weak, incompetent administration, or it's something that will go unpunished. Either way the administration looks weak as hell

rastajenk
10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
More proof that Team O'Bama is in way over their heads. Now that they've staged this "breaking news," what are they going to do about it?

What is the motive for Iran to do something like this? They can, and do, sponsor terrorists anywhere in the world. What might an act like this accomplish that couldn't be accomplished with dozens or hundreds of softer targets elsewhere? I don't doubt that Iran is capable of trying it, but I do doubt it was going down the way it's been reported.

Robert Goren
10-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Other than holding a press conference, what will Holder and Erkel do?

Dinnerjacket is laughing his ass off at this, playing Pat Benetar's HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT playing in the background. He isn't afraid of featherdusters or pressers.

This is either a deceptive ploy by this weak, incompetent administration, or it's something that will go unpunished. Either way the administration looks weak as hellYou mean like GWB let Bin Laden go unpunished for over 7 years. Whether you like it or not, Obama is actually going after terrorists, while Bush, Cheney and Co. just talked a good game. I guess you prefer talk to action like most conservatives.

rastajenk
10-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Here is a longer version (http://pajamasmedia.com/barryrubin/2011/10/12/the-iran-terror-plot-crisis-big-trouble-for-obama/) that mirrors my thoughts on this one posted a few minutes ago. It sure has the feel of the Administration, which has always put style over substance, wading into something they are not equipped to manage well. There's more to saber-rattling than just making some noise.

JustRalph
10-13-2011, 11:03 AM
You mean like GWB let Bin Laden go unpunished for over 7 years. Whether you like it or not, Obama is actually going after terrorists, while Bush, Cheney and Co. just talked a good game. I guess you prefer talk to action like most conservatives.

Absurdity like this is why you are perceived the way you are....... get real.

Are you sure you and Mosty aren't one and the same ?

elysiantraveller
10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Here is a longer version (http://pajamasmedia.com/barryrubin/2011/10/12/the-iran-terror-plot-crisis-big-trouble-for-obama/) that mirrors my thoughts on this one posted a few minutes ago. It sure has the feel of the Administration, which has always put style over substance, wading into something they are not equipped to manage well. There's more to saber-rattling than just making some noise.

I agree with that as well. I'm not saying the allegations are false but I do suspect that may be the case. The reason I am skeptical is because this plot makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It would mean that the Iranian government is actively trying to pursue more open conflict/confrontation with the US. I guess that's possible but makes no sense when Iran is winning in every proxy war they are engaged in.

Robert Goren
10-13-2011, 12:14 PM

Are you sure you and Mosty aren't one and the same ?You mean GWB & co actually did something to Bin Laden. Pray tell, what was it?

Tom
10-13-2011, 12:41 PM
They did not "let" him go unpunished.
They did not catch him.
Neither did Obama. The military/CIA did.

Do you suggest the SEALS let him him go unpunished?

Mike at A+
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
This is an obvious attempt to distract attention away from Holder's F&F problems. I see a resignation coming. Maybe not immediately as Dems always go down kicking and screaming. But Holder will be a huge liability once election season heats up.

NJ Stinks
10-13-2011, 08:35 PM

?I perceive Robert to be one of the most sane posters here. Your point in the quote above is absurd.

NJ Stinks
10-13-2011, 08:41 PM
They did not "let" him go unpunished.
They did not catch him.
Neither did Obama. The military/CIA did.

Do you suggest the SEALS let him him go unpunished?

Making excuses for the right again? :rolleyes:

If I'm a terrorist I don't want to screw with Obama. Tell me why that statement is wrong, Tommy. Enlighten me with your wisdom.

Tom
10-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Tell me why that statement is wrong, Tommy. Enlighten me with your wisdom.

I just did - you quoted me.
You were not bright enough to get the point? :D

Hanover1
10-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I just did - you quoted me.
You were not bright enough to get the point? :D

Nobody is bright enough, right Tom?

Tom
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Nothing better to do than stalk?
Perhaps you can figure out the question and contribute to the thread?

Hanover1
10-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Nothing better to do than stalk?
Perhaps you can figure out the question and contribute to the thread?

I'll pass. I may miss the point.

Tom
10-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Nice night for trolling.

Hanover1
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice night for trolling.

Was better yesterday, right?

Tom
10-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Your really have a problem, dude.
Consider getting help.

fast4522
10-13-2011, 11:49 PM
My view of this, and why Bush did or did not get this one or not is as follows.

This administration has the ability to push a shitload of buttons all over the world. In doing so there was some things learned maybe that would not otherwise have been. However I will credit the previous administration of not pushing too many buttons. To continue to push buttons ultimately means someplace else another button pops out disturbing balance someplace, causing world war three. I would also credit this administration at being very crafty at covering its tracks while imploding other country's that I really could give a shit less for. Our United States Constitution and our Bill of Rights are at stake now, in our lifetime from a skilled organizer working to do it from within. One thing that I have figured out is once documents exist and emails sent over the internet, there is no shredder that will ever shred every copy or any geek that can erase it all.

bigmack
10-14-2011, 02:19 AM
No wag, no dog. The inane conspicuousness of it all.

Wire transfer lead to the unravel:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/story/2011-10-13/iran-assassination-plot/50764020/1

Swell time for a bomb er two to kerplunk 'round Tehran.

#8 on BM's top knee-slapping stories of 2010: Star of David on Tehran airport roof for decades. :lol:

highnote
10-15-2011, 01:09 PM
If Bush created fake Iraq WMDs why can't Obama create a fake Iranian assissination plot?

Seems to me that this is the way international politics is played. Kind of like poker. Either side is free to call the bluff or fold their hands or raise their bets.

For example, Hitler went all-in and lost.

rastajenk
10-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Aw, c'mon, man. Bush didn't create Iraqi WMD's; he inherited the problem from his predecessor, and he didn't find them. Big difference.

highnote
10-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Aw, c'mon, man. Bush didn't create Iraqi WMD's; he inherited the problem from his predecessor, and he didn't find them. Big difference.

That's all debatable. My question is that "IF" Bush created fake WMDs why can't Obama create a fake assissination plot?

Or I can reframe it... If Bush didn't create fake WMDs does that mean Obama can't create a fake assissination plot?

My point is that when it comes to international diplomacy and dealing with nation states the rules are different.

rastajenk
10-16-2011, 06:17 AM
I'll buy into that, yes.

Robert Goren
10-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Bush did not create the reports of Iraqi WMDs out of thin air. They were real. There were also reports of no WMDs. He chose to believe the reports of the existence of the WMDs over the reports of no WMDs. He also hid from the congress and the American public the reports of no WMDs. It was only after we were deep into the Iraqi war and no WMDs had been found that the reports of no WMDs began to leak out.

Robert Goren
10-16-2011, 10:33 AM
What I find so amazing is that the people who been beating the drum of Iran is the evilest place on the face of the earth are now doubting that they would try to kill the Saudi ambassador on American soil.