PDA

View Full Version : Internationalman.com

highnote
10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Got the following in an email from internationalman.com. They've obviously got something to sell, but it is probably a good service. What they have to say is quite interesting:

Abandon any political party loyalty that you now have

Regardless of what country you live in, you probably have a liberal party and a conservative party. (Many countries also have fringe parties, such as the social democrats, communists, etc.) Regardless of what party you favour, you may think of the major opposition party as evil and feel that, right or wrong, you must defend your party to the death. In truth, your party, and, by extension, your elected representatives, most likely have no loyalty to you whatsoever; nor do they see themselves as your representatives. They see themselves as your masters. Regardless of their positions on the issues, this is true, almost to a man.

Additionally, in order to achieve election, they have had to cut deals with those who make large donations to their campaigns. These people are the politicians' true bosses and they dictate what will happen in the future - not you. You will therefore keep your head at its clearest if you go under the understanding that none of the promises that candidates make are necessarily true; that, regardless of what they claim, they will hang you out to dry, as surely as will the opposition party. While they pay you lip service, they do not take your wishes or needs seriously and, in many cases, hold you in contempt.

Your country and your government are two separate entities

Politicians are fond of speaking about the greatness of their country and praise those who are most loyal to the government, implying that those people are the true patriots. Not so. In most cases in the First World, governments have become so corrupted that what benefits them does not benefit the voting public. In effect, they have hijacked the country over a period of many decades. If you feel loyalty to your country, that's fine, but do not be fooled into thinking that your government and your country are one and the same. They almost assuredly are not.

boxcar
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Got the following in an email from internationalman.com. They've obviously got something to sell, but it is probably a good service. What they have to say is quite interesting:

Sounds like something Rush was talking about a few months ago -- about how there was a push on (by libs, of course) to get people to ditch their party labels -- because, after all, it's so divisive. In other words, it appears they wanted to form a new political party called No Labels. :D

Boxcar

Overlay
10-11-2011, 04:53 PM
One of the "book" answers from civics class concerning the Constitution was that the Framers were well aware of the fallibility and corruptibility of human beings and human nature, and designed a system that would work based on the "selfish" pursuit of individual interests, rather than pretending that people would naturally act altruistically, or futilely trying to change the way people behave. And that, while far from perfect, that system has lasted for over 200 years, and has also provided means within the system by which it can be changed, if necessary. (After all, it was Jefferson himself who said that whenever any form of government became destructive of the goal of securing the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of its citizens, it was the right of the people to alter or abolish it.)

I think that that still applies, and that the situation is not quite as dire as the writer portrays it.

boxcar
10-11-2011, 05:05 PM
(After all, it was Jefferson himself who said that whenever any form of government became destructive of the goal of securing the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of its citizens, it was the right of the people to alter or abolish it.)

I think that that still applies, and that the situation is not quite as dire as the writer portrays it.

Ahh...maybe I've been too harsh on the "occupiers". They're trying to abolish it in the name of "revolution". :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

highnote
10-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Sounds like something Rush was talking about a few months ago -- about how there was a push on (by libs, of course) to get people to ditch their party labels -- because, after all, it's so divisive. In other words, it appears they wanted to form a new political party called No Labels. :D

Boxcar

I found out about this site from Casey Research. They tend to be conservative libertarians. I'm not sure the U.S. is ready to implode to the point that I need to set up a second residence overseas as this company advises, but it is an interesting thing to think about.

boxcar
10-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I found out about this site from Casey Research. They tend to be conservative libertarians. I'm not sure the U.S. is ready to implode to the point that I need to set up a second residence overseas as this company advises, but it is an interesting thing to think about.

When the U.S. implodes, you won't have to worry about setting up any additional residences overseas. It won't matter where you live.

Boxcar

highnote
10-13-2011, 12:02 AM
When the U.S. implodes, you won't have to worry about setting up any additional residences overseas. It won't matter where you live.

Boxcar

LOL good point.

BlueShoe
10-13-2011, 01:01 AM
The message being given in the OP email is that if we just create anarchy and eliminate order everything will be fine. Sorry, not buying it. How convenient that something like this comes out right at the same time the whack jobs and nut cases are running around the downtowns of our large cities pretty much saying the same things in their garbled way.

highnote
10-13-2011, 01:07 AM
The message being given in the OP email is that if we just create anarchy and eliminate order everything will be fine. Sorry, not buying it. How convenient that something like this comes out right at the same time the whack jobs and nut cases are running around the downtowns of our large cities pretty much saying the same things in their garbled way.

Personally, I am a contrarian. I'm long the stock market. It's been a good week.