PDA

View Full Version : Red Zone channel.

Zippy Chippy
10-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Do you guys love it hate it? Some people cant stand them flipping after every single play to a different game. The red zone channel makes my Sundays so fun now. Even when the patriots are playing, I still watch the red zone channel .

slew101
10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Never have watched it. Too busy flipping from all the games.

cj's dad
10-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I think it's great and here it's free !!

This past Sunday, the Ravens had a bye week so watching Red Zone kept me in tune with ALL the action.

Don't like it ? don't watch it !

Zippy Chippy
10-11-2011, 12:08 AM
I think it's great and here it's free !!

This past Sunday, the Ravens had a bye week so watching Red Zone kept me in tune with ALL the action.

Free? I had to get the sports package. A guy I work with said he called to get it and its $50.

magwell
10-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Its the best thing that ever happened to football on TV and all with no commercials, non stop action for 7 hours every sunday.........:cool:,

Canarsie
10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I can't get it on my cable system but its available on my phone through Verizon.

When she got her Bionic it came with a free years subscription to it. Its actually pretty funny watching games on tv and a phone at the same time.

Its a incredible idea the guy who thought of it is a genius. Now you know why the NFL is the best run sports league by a country mile. Not only is it great for the fans but its an added revenue stream which benefits both the players and the owners.

ManU918
10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Its awesome.... I give Scott Hanson (Former Philadelphia Comcast Sports Net anchor) a lot of credit, he does an awesome job.

Robert Fischer
10-11-2011, 08:31 AM

what about the drives? what about strategy? what about the big monsters in the trenches slowly getting fatigued and losing effectiveness because of a great coaches playcalling - OR a pass-happy coach who isn't mindful of time of possession?

finally
"In football the object is for the quarterback, also known as the field general, to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the defense by hitting his receivers with deadly accuracy in spite of the blitz, even if he has to use the shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs, he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack that punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy's defensive line."-george carlin :D

cj's dad
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I am always amazed when someone posts the comment "don't like it, don't watch it" and the response(s) that follow. Why does that simple phrase cause consternation by some here.

Where I watch the NFL, they have one TV dedicated to the Red Zone. Some watch, others do not. What's the big deal ?

If I am at home, when I see that a team I have wagered on or am otherwise interested in is in the red zone as indicated by the constant scroll at the bottom of the screen, I switch channels to see the final few plays.

Zippy Chippy
10-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I am always amazed when someone posts the comment "don't like it, don't watch it" and the response(s) that follow. Why does that simple phrase cause consternation by some here.

Where I watch the NFL, they have one TV dedicated to the Red Zone. Some watch, others do not. What's the big deal ?

If I am at home, when I see that a team I have wagered on or am otherwise interested in is in the red zone as indicated by the constant scroll at the bottom of the screen, I switch channels to see the final few plays.

Agreed! i love the red zone channel but if i had people over I would just put on the Pats game. It is fun to watch though. It puts interest in games that you would otherwise care less about.

Valuist
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I love it. By the end of the day there's been so much adrenaline it feels like you have played in one of the games yourself. Now it would be difficult to go back to watching a single, solitary game on Sunday afternoon.

Canarsie
10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Agreed! i love the red zone channel but if i had people over I would just put on the Pats game. It is fun to watch though. It puts interest in games that you would otherwise care less about.

You really would be surprised then how probably a majority of those fans care about those "other" games. Its the reason NFL RZ is so popular. People aren't wagering that type of dough on horses Sunday.

While the channel is great it might not be as popular in the medical community with all those close finishes being show at the end of games.

Two weeks ago Verizon was having problems with the video signal and I called them up. Being a talkative sort the lady told me they were besieged with phone calls.

Robert Fischer
10-11-2011, 11:58 AM

Flies and the Honey-Pot

cj's dad
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Flies and the Honey-Pot

Whatever that means :sleeping:

PhantomOnTour
10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
As a fan who does not live in the home city of his favorite team (and doesn't go to the bar to watch the NFL) I find the Red Zone Channel to be.....

FRIGGIN' FANTASTIC !!!

Granted, it seems geared towards the Fantasy player (which I proudly am NOT!!!) but when you're stuck with a lousy game on the network it can be a Godsend.
Sometimes you get jobbed with an unattractive regional game that you don't want to watch. Before the Texans got good us folks in Lafayette, La were subjected to seeing Texans v Colts or Jags or Titans... :sleeping:

fiveouttasix
10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I love it...to me the best part is NO commercials