PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Fri

SAL
11-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Picks for Hollywood:

R1 - #4 Satan’s Song-Can’t see betting this one, but I can’t see anything else in this race either. For DD and P3 singles.

R2 - #4 Hezaware-Interesting that PVal takes the mount on this one. Catches a pretty weak field for debut.

R3 - #5 Popularize-Comes out of a tough race where several runners have returned to run well. He had trouble in that race and has returned to work like a tiger in the mornings. Another key in P3’s and DD’s for me here.

R4 - #2 Linda Belinda-The other FTS have trainers that don’t do all that well with them. So I’m going with the hottest trainer in the US here.

R5 - #4 Mambo Slew-This filly is bred to be a good one and she didn’t disappoint in her first start on the sod. Been drilling smartly in the am, and I think she may be this good.

R6 - #6 High Thunder-Crafty move by Carava. Well bred horse taken by him in a race where he was much best. Fits perfectly under this condition, and if he goes off anywhere near 5/1 I’m betting with both hands.

R7 - #1 Theater RN-Frankel keeps rolling. Well bred filly should handle the extra 1/8 with no problem.

R8 - #8 Sharpster-Last race proved to be no fluke as the horse he deadheated retuned to win an open NW1 at GG for fun. Third place horse has since won a race also. He should be much closer to a more reasonable pace today.

R9 - #9 Needwood Blade-Gets lasix for his first stateside start. Has some pretty impressive Timeform numbers, so he must have been running in some pretty competitive races overseas. Walsh/Krone combo clicking at over 20% and he’s been smoking up the track in the am.

R10 - #3 Smokin Joe B.-Think the ML fav is vulnerable so I’m going with this one. Came out of a pretty contentious mcl last time. Catches a weak field and he has a nice bullet since his last race.