PDA

View Full Version : BRISnet Problems?

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2001, 01:20 PM
Has anyone else had mucho trouble trying to download data from BRIS today??

JimL
10-06-2001, 01:26 PM
PA, Not only that I am unable to make contest picks!

baravot
10-06-2001, 01:29 PM
Yeah, they really screwed up this time because they extended the deadline to 2:00pm edt and they have already closed off selections. I was unable to get mine in. Bet they're gonna catch some flack for that mistake.

Tom
10-06-2001, 01:36 PM
BRIS servers are overloaded - AGAIN!!!!!!
You have to email your picks to them, at least that is what they told me before their phone lines all became busy.

Thier email to me this week said 2pm was the deadline, yet their webpage says enties are already closed.
With this amount of prize money on the line, I will hope they get their **s sued off over this if anyone gets shut out. This is not a "minor problem", BRIS has a responsibility to call offf the contest today. They cannot handle either their own website or phone lines-this is inexcusable.

Tom

baravot
10-06-2001, 01:40 PM
Tom,

I agree. They should call it off especially since they have no notice that we can email picks posted on their website. Unbelievable ineptness on their part.

Tom
10-06-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by baravot
Tom,

I agree. They should call it off especially since they have no notice that we can email picks posted on their website. Unbelievable ineptness on their part.

I was on hold for almost 15 minutes before I got a live operator-she rudely told me to email my selections, and when I tried to ask a question, she cut me off. I tried to call back, and since then, their phone lines are busy.

Tom

PaceAdvantage
10-06-2001, 02:03 PM
Why all of a sudden are there problems? They have run something like 2 or 3 of these contests over the past year or two, and I never had trouble like I have had today....did they get that huge an influx of new players??

==PA

NoDayJob
10-06-2001, 09:21 PM
Bris is all f**ked up! It took me 3 hours on line to finally get my selections in. That was 5 minutes after the 2 P.M. E.D.T. close. My server can easily handle 10k hits per hour and it's a cheapy. I think they have changed software and who ever wrote the program is all f**ked up too. They don't care because you pay them for the tracks and if you can't get in tough sh!t. What a way to run a business. They have joined my list of companies [DRF & Bris] to avoid at all costs. Back to ITS. -NDJ

Tom
10-06-2001, 09:34 PM
Bad day for racing-related businesses!?

BRIS sponsors a contest and totally screws it up

You Bet goes off line due to solar outages??????

Now DRF formulator files are no good-downloaded 16 of them tonight and 6 were no good-no pp info in them.
Beware if you buy Formulator files from DRF...check them out right away. Seems to be mostly 10/6 dates, but Belmont for 10/3 and 10/4 are bad, too.

Must be something in the water. Wish I hadn't graduted from High School...I could open a racing website if I was a little stupider.

Tom