PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea

Actor
10-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Why do we have boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's to "secure our interests in the region." What is our interest in the region? One word: Oil. Ok, some people will disagree with me on that. Whatever.

If we figure 1.25 gallons of blood in the average soldier then we've spent about 5000 gallons of blood so far. How much gasoline did that buy. What is the ratio of blood to oil?

Anyway, here's my idea. Listen up you Constitutional scholars. The Constitution grants Congress the right to "grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal." So let's grant such a letter to each of the major oil companies that import mid-eastern oil into the U.S. Let them raise their own armies, pay mercenaries, whatever, and secure their own interests in the region. Then let's bring our troops home.

That's plank #1 in my Presidential campaign.

HUSKER55
10-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Nice idea!

cj's dad
10-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Why do we have boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's to "secure our interests in the region." What is our interest in the region? One word: Oil. Ok, some people will disagree with me on that. Whatever.

If we figure 1.25 gallons of blood in the average soldier then we've spent about 5000 gallons of blood so far. How much gasoline did that buy. What is the ratio of blood to oil?

Anyway, here's my idea. Listen up you Constitutional scholars. The Constitution grants Congress the right to "grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal." So let's grant such a letter to each of the major oil companies that import mid-eastern oil into the U.S. Let them raise their own armies, pay mercenaries, whatever, and secure their own interests in the region. Then let's bring our troops home.

I think you are smoking some bad s--t !

Tom
10-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Start drilling our own oil.

newtothegame
10-07-2011, 11:17 PM

Sounds good at face value.....but the oil companies could care less where they get the oil from as long as there are consumers. We are forced to buy no matter the price.

As to why we are there..I am sure Oil is a part of the reasoning, but I wouldnt go so far to say only reason. I would think to also keep the spread of other issue like communism, Irans influence etc etc.