PDA

View Full Version : Opening Night at Fraser Downs

HuggingTheRail
10-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Harness racing returns to the suburbs of Vancouver for an extended 10 month season. Some opening night thoughts...

Best Bet: Race 6 #1 I Kan Dee - comes in race fit from Alberta

Shot at a Price: not really feeling anything tonight....Race 2 #3 Joe Millionaire at 5-1 might be tempting, but tough to play a driver 26-0-0-2

Vulnerable Favourite: Race 3 - #1 Hector Protector....the public will likely make this one lower than the 2-1ML based on his only qualifier. One qualifier, a sometimes tricky post 1, and a trainer/driver who tends not to over race his 2 year olds makes this one vulnerable. Start of a win 3 and we will certainly include him, but also throw in the 9 and 5.

HuggingTheRail
10-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Harness racing returns to the suburbs of Vancouver for an extended 10 month season. Some opening night thoughts...

Best Bet: Race 6 #1 I Kan Dee - comes in race fit from Alberta

Shot at a Price: not really feeling anything tonight....Race 2 #3 Joe Millionaire at 5-1 might be tempting, but tough to play a driver 26-0-0-2

Vulnerable Favourite: Race 3 - #1 Hector Protector....the public will likely make this one lower than the 2-1ML based on his only qualifier. One qualifier, a sometimes tricky post 1, and a trainer/driver who tends not to over race his 2 year olds makes this one vulnerable. Start of a win 3 and we will certainly include him, but also throw in the 9 and 5.

Well, the best bet won, but was bet down.

Shot at a Price made a brief move, and then faded fast, finished with broken equipment

Vulnerable Favourite won easy

Tough the first week or two of the meet....I think it gets easier ?? :confused::D