PDA

View Full Version : A Few To Consider Friday at Belmont

PhantomOnTour
10-07-2011, 02:43 AM
Race 4: #2 Tesoro Silver - made a nice mid move in his last and may get a duel to chase if McPeek & Castellano send the ML chalk #6 to go at it with #1. If the rail horse slips away we are probably running for 2nd.
ML: 4-1

Race 5: #6 Red Leader - may be outclassed by these but has my turf route cutback angle going. In vs. some tough ones but can finish strongly...needs a lil pace.
ML: 12-1

Race 6: #6 Light Up The Score - woke up last time with move to Bel and Nakatani in the saddle to run a pretty nice race and a pretty nice fig. Trainer/jock combo is going great...what's not to like?
ML: 7-2

Race7: #1 Brown Indian - my man George Weaver puts this guy back on Bel turf where he ran a nice one in May right off his Mdn breaker. Last two have been washed off the grass but he's gotten in two turf works since his last race. Running style should suit this race...he does lose Cornelio (to Kee) and Castellano (on #7 for Chad Brown) but Trujillo is a fine rider.
Can get a piece if he sits off this pace war and moves first on the deep closers. Timing is the key, Elvis.

Good night.

Spiderman
10-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Race 4: #2 Tesoro Silver - made a nice mid move in his last and may get a duel to chase if McPeek & Castellano send the ML chalk #6 to go at it with #1. If the rail horse slips away we are probably running for 2nd.

Race 5: #6 Red Leader - may be outclassed by these but has my turf route cutback angle going. In vs. some tough ones but can finish strongly...needs a lil pace.

Race 6: #6 Light Up The Score - woke up last time with move to Bel and Nakatani in the saddle to run a pretty nice race and a pretty nice fig. Trainer/jock combo is going great...what's not to like?

Race7: #1 Brown Indian - my man George Weaver puts this guy back on Bel turf where he ran a nice one in May right off his Mdn breaker. Last two have been washed off the grass but he's gotten in two turf works since his last race. Running style should suit this race...he does lose Cornelio (to Kee) and Castellano (on #7 for Chad Brown) but Trujillo is a fine rider.
Can get a piece if he sits off this pace war and moves first on the deep closers. Timing is the key, Elvis.

Good night.

The only reason that I am considering this race is that it is the first leg of a 2-day carryover P6. I watched the replay and the running line on Tesoro Silver, Sept 22, is incorrect. He was never 8 lengths back and never in 6th position. The middle move was okay, but he is stepping-up to open company. The running lines on the first two favorites are ugly, but both are dropping down. #6 has two angles: msw to mcl and ftl cocktail. A fts may have some say in outcome. Would like to use the #6 with one other and will wait to view paddock/post parade/tote action.

PhantomOnTour
10-07-2011, 09:10 AM
The only reason that I am considering this race is that it is the first leg of a 2-day carryover P6. I watched the replay and the running line on Tesoro Silver, Sept 22, is incorrect. He was never 8 lengths back and never in 6th position. The middle move was okay, but he is stepping-up to open company. The running lines on the first two favorites are ugly, but both are dropping down. #6 has two angles: msw to mcl and ftl cocktail. A fts may have some say in outcome. Would like to use the #6 with one other and will wait to view paddock/post parade/tote action.
Whoa...I just dug up a replay of Tesoro Silver's last race and you're right. He was more like 4 lengths back instead of 8 and was in 3rd or 4th place instead of 6th.
Still he made a nice lil move and kept on running to the wire...we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the info Spiderman :ThmbUp:

Spiderman
10-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Whoa...I just dug up a replay of Tesoro Silver's last race and you're right. He was more like 4 lengths back instead of 8 and was in 3rd or 4th place instead of 6th.
Still he made a nice lil move and kept on running to the wire...we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the info Spiderman :ThmbUp:

Completed review of the P6 sequence and agree that your selections in 5th and 7th have merit. In the 6th, #1 displayed blazing early pace in first out at GP where that type speed was the norm. The #6 will have to take a stalking position. I like the #4 who returns to the main track where he ran against much better company.

Good luck.

PhantomOnTour
10-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Good night.

Here's the recap:

R4 - Tesoro's Silver ran an okay 3rd
R5 - Red Leader wins it at 8-1
R6 - Light Up The Score runs terribly and finishes last
R7 - Brown Indian battles, gets bumped, and comes up a little short at 9-1 and finishes 3rd. This one hurt as it was my best bet...love Weaver...didn't think my number was gonna be put up in the inquiry. Chavez really surprised me with the 2 in that race...didn't use him at all :mad:

See ya tomorrow...