PDA

View Full Version : sorry excuse for a post parade @ bel today...

Robert Fischer
10-06-2011, 03:04 PM
race 4 they comically showed the PP while IN the walking ring... then "4min" as they enter the track :mad:

race 5 looked like an auction for guide ponies and "5min" but hell yes! we were ON the track...

WTF

never once do they announce connections or horse , much less show the horses... I am here adjusting the volume, but there is no volume...

now post went from 3min to 1min ... i could see if it was snowing or something wtf is this??

come on...

treat it with some class

toussaud
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
my biggest pet peeve with that circuit. to do as much handle as they do, they really throw together some piss poor post parades,.

at aqueduct inn the winter, i get it. but it's 70 something degrees outside in october on a fast track

them and laurel/ pimlico are just on a whole nother level compared to everyone else when it goes to how not to do a post parade

Robert Fischer
10-06-2011, 03:24 PM
my biggest pet peeve with that circuit. to do as much handle as they do, they really throw together some piss poor post parades,.

at aqueduct inn the winter, i get it. but it's 70 something degrees outside in october on a fast track

them and laurel/ pimlico are just on a whole nother level compared to everyone else when it goes to how not to do a post parade

as for the whole camera / lead-pony thing: Just walk them down a ways and TURN!:bang: AND LEAD THEM BACK AROUND so the horse faces the BROADCAST. :mad:

boohoo the riders can warm up a hundred yards from usual...

but TAKE SOME PRIDE IN THE POST PARADE. This isn't a post parade ... it's more like a "wave" attempt for a cellar dwelling baseball club or something... it has ZERO PRIDE.

this is the sport of kings.
take some pride.

i wouldn't even give a shit if they gave 8 minutes once they got on track, and didn't RUSH things... show the horses warm up....

If you don't catch the paddock walk, you're just going by form....

toussaud
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
even wrose is when they go to track with like 5MTP then as soon as they are done with 1 pony parade, they go straight to the wagering black/grey screen :bang: until post

Robert Fischer
10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
for the feature 7th race - they show a GREAT post parade

they went and walked the horses around to face the camera

AMAZING.

:ThmbUp:

nijinski
10-06-2011, 06:26 PM
You may get a kick out of this Steve Haskin's "Pony Tales" , excerpt.......

A photo of Cigar standing on the track at Nad al Sheba dominated the front page of a local newspaper in Dubai several days before the inaugural running of the $4 million Dubai World Cup in 1996. At least the caption said it was Cigar. The only problem was that the horse pictured was pure white and bore no resemblance to America’s super horse.

Trainer Bill Mott could only laugh seeing his pony Snowball featured so prominently, while stealing the spotlight from the mighty Cigar. When Mott brought Cigar out to train one evening, he overheard one man say to another as they passed by Snowball in the paddock, “Oh, there’s Cigar.” But the most humorous moment came when several Arabs, dressed in their traditional dishdashas, approached Mott wanting to buy Snowball as an endurance horse to compete in desert races of 50 miles or longer.