PDA

View Full Version : Recent Lower Takeout Conference

trying2win
10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Do you think the ideas presented at this LOWER TAKEOUT CONFERENCE, will shake up more racetrack managers to get on this bandwagon?:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/65363/lower-takeout-makes-difference-officials-say?source=rss

T2W

Some_One
10-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Do you think the ideas presented at this LOWER TAKEOUT CONFERENCE, will shake up more racetrack managers to get on this bandwagon?:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/65363/lower-takeout-makes-difference-officials-say?source=rss

T2W

Marketing 101 - The 4 P's...price is only a part of the picture, take the Tampa example from the link, their product is one of the best products (well from a betting standpoint), great fields and bettable races. If there was 14 horse fields in every race, you could make the takeout 20-30% and I wouldn't care.

trying2win
10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Marketing 101 - The 4 P's...price is only a part of the picture, take the Tampa example from the link, their product is one of the best products (well from a betting standpoint), great fields and bettable races. If there was 14 horse fields in every race, you could make the takeout 20-30% and I wouldn't care.

Some One:

I agree with most of what you say, except the last sentence. I don't think many astute PA members would want to bet any type of gimmick bets that go beyond a 25 % takeout.

It's interesting that Todd Bowker of PTC didn't mention the downward trend in rebate percentages paid out to account holders over the last few years. Remember how good the rebates were when PTC first started back then? Some would blame the racetrack executives. I blame some of the greedy, militant horsemen and their unions, that claim that the host fees weren't high enough and they were getting ripped off by ADWs. So naturally these horsemen pressure the racetrack executives to ask ADWs for higher host fees. These greedy horsemen conveniently forget that they are getting big welfare payments from slot machine revenues, thanks mainly to spineless politicians who approve of those payments. Did anyone ever notice that these same inept politicians are not approving any funds from slot machine revenues, for takeout relief for horseplayers? In my opinion, horseplayers (the customers) are the most important people doing business, either at the racetrack, at an OTB place or betting from home, yet they get the short end of the stick overall.

Organizations like H.A.N.A. are doing a great job in speaking out about takeout relief at racetracks. They have earned a lot of respect from me.

T2W

----------------------------------------------------------------------
~"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life."

--Winston Churchill

jelly
10-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Some One:

I agree with most of what you say, except the last sentence. I don't think many astute PA members would want to bet any type of gimmick bets that go beyond a 25 % takeout.

It's interesting that Todd Bowker of PTC didn't mention the downward trend in rebate percentages paid out to account holders over the last few years. Remember how good the rebates were when PTC first started back then? Some would blame the racetrack executives. I blame some of the greedy, militant horsemen and their unions, that claim that the host fees weren't high enough and they were getting ripped off by ADWs. So naturally these horsemen pressure the racetrack executives to ask ADWs for higher host fees. These greedy horsemen conveniently forget that they are getting big welfare payments from slot machine revenues, thanks mainly to spineless politicians who approve of those payments. Did anyone ever notice that these same inept politicians are not approving any funds from slot machine revenues, for takeout relief for horseplayers? In my opinion, horseplayers (the customers) are the most important people doing business, either at the racetrack, at an OTB place or betting from home, yet they get the short end of the stick overall.

Organizations like H.A.N.A. are doing a great job in speaking out about takeout relief at racetracks. They have earned a lot of respect from me.

T2W

----------------------------------------------------------------------
~"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood for something, sometime in your life."

--Winston Churchill

New York doesn't think so.

Aqueduct finds it self with $8.6 million extra money from slots for the winter/spring meet.

$8.6 million will go to the owners the horseplayer will get $0