PDA

View Full Version : Maragh Suspended - Vosburgh Ride

cj's dad
10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
He took both of my horses out of the race !

ELMONT, N.Y. - The Belmont Park stewards suspended jockey Rajiv Maragh seven days for careless riding aboard Calibrachoa coming out of the gate in Saturday’s Grade 1, $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational.

Link:
http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-maragh-suspended-careless-ride-vosburgh

Some_One
10-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Calibrachoa finished 5th, ahead of Euroears, why wasn't he dq'ed from there? was there even an inquiry after the race?

GatetoWire
10-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Baffert was on At the Races today with Steve Byk.
He was very upset at Maragh. Baffert said that he called the stewards and asked them to look into it. Implied that he asked them to suspend him.

Baffert mentioned Animal Kingdom incident and was very critical of Maragh

igiveupregistering
10-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Calibrachoa finished 5th, ahead of Euroears, why wasn't he dq'ed from there? was there even an inquiry after the race?

NY stewards are tough on jockey tactics like herding and cutting off another, but they rarely do anything about jamming coming out of the gate.

In the Vosburgh, Maraj took out 4 horses with his antics...none of them had a chance to run their race. Seems like Maraj is making a habit of this...got away with it in the Belmont and tries it again in the Vosburgh.

Maraj should be suspended for the rest of the year since he seems to be the jockey using this tactic repeatedly. No other jocks have this problem on a routine basis...

ManU918
10-04-2011, 08:26 AM
NY stewards are tough on jockey tactics like herding and cutting off another, but they rarely do anything about jamming coming out of the gate.

In the Vosburgh, Maraj took out 4 horses with his antics...none of them had a chance to run their race. Seems like Maraj is making a habit of this...got away with it in the Belmont and tries it again in the Vosburgh.

Maraj should be suspended for the rest of the year since he seems to be the jockey using this tactic repeatedly. No other jocks have this problem on a routine basis...

Seven days is not nearly enough for the shit this guy has done over and over again.

ManU918
10-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Baffert was on At the Races today with Steve Byk.
He was very upset at Maragh. Baffert said that he called the stewards and asked them to look into it. Implied that he asked them to suspend him.

Baffert mentioned Animal Kingdom incident and was very critical of Maragh

Baffert tweeted this last night: Rajiv Maragh suspended 7 days for careless riding wiping out Euroears. Belmont Stewards to lite on these jocks. Someone going to get killed.

classhandicapper
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM
That whole incident hasn't been given enough coverage by handicappers either. Not only did a couple of horses lose all chance, the entire complexion of the race, pace, race development etc... changed dramatically because of it. IMO, if that race developed the way it was supposed to, we probably get a very different result.

David-LV
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM
That whole incident hasn't been given enough coverage by handicappers either. Not only did a couple of horses lose all chance, the entire complexion of the race, pace, race development etc... changed dramatically because of it. IMO, if that race developed the way it was supposed to, we probably get a very different result.

You are right, the people that were affected the most by this numb skull are the horse players, who do we see about a refund?
This clown knocked out thousands of pick 4 tickets, but as usual the horse player gets left holding the bag.
What a great sport to bet on!!!
I guess we all know who the suckers really are?

________
David-LV

OTM Al
10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
You are right, the people that were affected the most by this numb skull are the horse players, who do we see about a refund?
This clown knocked out thousands of pick 4 tickets, but as usual the horse player gets left holding the bag.

________
David-LV

Where did the money go when they were "knocked out"? Oh right, it went to OTHER HORESPLAYERS. See them about a refund. Somehow I think they will be less accomodating than your average track. It's called gambling for a reason. The unexpected can happen any time the gates open.

Cardus
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM

________
David-LV

Is your wagering compulsary or voluntary?

GatetoWire
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Where did the money go when they were "knocked out"? Oh right, it went to OTHER HORESPLAYERS. See them about a refund. Somehow I think they will be less accomodating than your average track. It's called gambling for a reason. The unexpected can happen any time the gates open.
:ThmbUp:
You are not getting a refund from me on that 5-2 exacta :lol:

OTM Al
10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
:ThmbUp:
You are not getting a refund from me on that 5-2 exacta :lol:

It was a good one too! I'm still kicking myself for not including the 5 like you said on my P3s. Whole day turned on that one.

David-LV
10-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Is your wagering compulsory or voluntary?

After 55 years of playing the horses I would say it is somewhere in the middle of compulsory and voluntary so I need all the protection I can get.

_________
David-LV

Pell Mell
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
The people who should be pissed the most are the connections of Animal Kingdom! :(

classhandicapper
10-04-2011, 02:06 PM

________
David-LV

I made a bet in the race and lost, but I wasn't really venting about my loss. Lately, getting bad trips has been the norm for me. :bang:

I was talking about evaluating some of these horses going forward. The winner's chances were certainly improved when he shook loose on that speed favoring track. But he may not have even made the lead with a clean break. So his speed and performance might be over rated right now while others in the race have an excuse and could easily turn the tables next time.

Beachbabe
10-04-2011, 02:55 PM
This clown knocked out thousands of pick 4 tickets,but as usual the horse player gets left holding the bag.

________
David-LV

I'm not so sure about that. The winning owner would have gotten $210,000 and the second place owner, $70,000.
When we bet we hope for a good trip. If we don't get it.....well, that's horseracing !!

redshift1
10-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I made a bet in the race and lost, but I wasn't really venting about my loss. Lately, getting bad trips has been the norm for me. :bang:

I was talking about evaluating some of these horses going forward. The winner's chances were certainly improved when he shook loose on that speed favoring track. But he may not have even made the lead with a clean break. So his speed and performance might be over rated right now while others in the race have an excuse and could easily turn the tables next time.

I kept watching the odds wondering why the winner was 12-1, regardless of what happened at the start he won convincingly in what appeared to me as a
race with several viable contenders.

JustRalph
10-04-2011, 05:22 PM
He took both of my horses out of the race !

ELMONT, N.Y. - The Belmont Park stewards suspended jockey Rajiv Maragh seven days for careless riding aboard Calibrachoa coming out of the gate in Saturday’s Grade 1, $350,000 Vosburgh Invitational.

Link:
http://www.drf.com/news/belmont-maragh-suspended-careless-ride-vosburgh

Ours!!

classhandicapper
10-04-2011, 06:32 PM
I kept watching the odds wondering why the winner was 12-1, regardless of what happened at the start he won convincingly in what appeared to me as a
race with several viable contenders.

I don't disagree about the odds. I just wasn't smart enough to play him. ;)

cj's dad
10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't disagree about the odds. I just wasn't smart enough to play him. ;)

You ? I'm sitting there with my son's figures and he had the best off track rating of any in the field. But noooooo, I have to outsmart myself, not that difficult, and look elsewhere. Cost me about $250.

Tom
10-04-2011, 10:01 PM
I tried to tell you guys!;)
CJ and HTR both had him pretty good for the odds.

Dahoss2002
10-05-2011, 05:46 AM
So it was Tom who paid Maragh to take out the other contenders and "set-up" his betting coup! At least he shared the cold exacta with everyone who would listen before post. Only wish I had listened :bang: and next time Tom lets everyone in on a good thing I will be there :)

JustRalph
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
If The horse named after Obama had been able to run, it would have been a whole different race

Tom
10-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Where did the foul happen? Right out of the gate, or a bit down the track?
I thought it was a bit after the actual break.

JustRalph
10-05-2011, 10:58 AM

it's hard to tell.......without the head on view. But, here's the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oG1c6t-fI

they won't let you embed it

cj's dad
10-05-2011, 11:06 AM

I had binocs on it and it happened maybe 5-10 strides out of the gate.

Tom
10-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks. I thought it was later than that.
I was waiting for the MSG replay show Monday to catch it again and fell asleep before it aired!

keilan
10-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I saw the head-on and it happened as they broke from the gate - Maragh actions totally changed the dynamics of the race! Great for those that cash a ticket but unfortunate for racing and it’s fans.

Maragh seems to have his own agenda on many race days!

Tom
10-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I have no pride. I'll take lucky over skillful any day. :D
First time I've been on the right side of a duel that never happened since, oh, 1975?

David-LV
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
I saw the head-on and it happened as they broke from the gate - Maragh actions totally changed the dynamics of the race! Great for those that cash a ticket but unfortunate for racing and it’s fans.

Maragh seems to have his own agenda on many race days!

Any trainer or owner that rides this guy has to be nuts as he is not only risking injury to other jockeys and horses, but also to the horse he is riding.

________
David-LV

keilan
10-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I have no pride. I'll take lucky over skillful any day. :D
First time I've been on the right side of a duel that never happened since, oh, 1975?

haha 'lucky is good" ;)

Going back to 1975 is almost as long as the Red Sox - glad you cashed

keilan
10-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Any trainer or owner that rides this guy has to be nuts as he is not only risking injury to other jockeys and horses, but also to the horse he is riding.

________
David-LV

I don't disagree :ThmbUp: