PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Cup replays on HRTV

PhantomOnTour
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Anyone else watch these reruns on Monday nights?
I find it fascinating and educational...just saw Storm Cat get nosed out in the Juvenile by Tasso.

They just did a piece on D Wayne Lukas and brought up the question of how his horses didn't stand up to training and often retired young...hmmm.
All of this predates me as a fan and player (they are doing the 1985 edition from Aqu tonight) and I find it entertaining as hell.

A few weeks ago (during the replay of the 1988 or 1989 BrCup) they brought up the "new" synthetic track at Remington and guaranteed that in 10yrs every track in America would have it installed...told ya it was entertaining :lol:

Also, you get to see Harvey Pack on the broadcasts :ThmbUp:

What the heck else are ya doin on a Monday night!?

toussaud
10-03-2011, 07:59 PM
i usually watch them in the summer.

Marlin
10-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Equitrack I believe. When it got wet, that track was world record fast.

thespaah
10-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Anyone else watch these reruns on Monday nights?
I find it fascinating and educational...just saw Storm Cat get nosed out in the Juvenile by Tasso.

They just did a piece on D Wayne Lukas and brought up the question of how his horses didn't stand up to training and often retired young...hmmm.
All of this predates me as a fan and player (they are doing the 1985 edition from Aqu tonight) and I find it entertaining as hell.

A few weeks ago (during the replay of the 1988 or 1989 BrCup) they brought up the "new" synthetic track at Remington and guaranteed that in 10yrs every track in America would have it installed...told ya it was entertaining :lol:

Also, you get to see Harvey Pack on the broadcasts :ThmbUp:

What the heck else are ya doin on a Monday night!?
Remington tried a surface called "Equitrack"...I think it lasted a year or so before the Remington mgmnt got rid of it.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-12-11/sports/8802240558_1_synthetic-surface-parimutuel-track-jockeys