PDA

View Full Version : It's a shame that it's almost 2012 and

toussaud
10-03-2011, 04:00 PM
there are still some tracks that do not give you free video of live racing on their websites.

Trying to look at the 8th at delaware, just decided i would go to their site, wrong answer.

None of the CDI tracks give you live video. Neither does any of the NY tracks (I don't think, don't quote me on that)

yes i can and will login to my ADW and watch, so it's not that inconvenient for me but that's not the point. you should want people to see your product and want to wager on it IMHO

OTM Al
10-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Some places aren't allowed to do this. NYRA video, as has been pointed out recently, is free. You need to sign up for NYRA rewards to get it (though you won't be allowed to wager if not from NY or CT). This is the best deal they could get. While NYCOTB was in business, they couldn't even show their own races live.

FantasticDan
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Finger Lakes added live streaming this year after NYS changed the law upon NYCOTB's demise. I wish NYRA would do likewise w/out having to sign up for NYRA Rewards, but that's their prerogative.

toussaud
10-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Some places aren't allowed to do this. NYRA video, as has been pointed out recently, is free. You need to sign up for NYRA rewards to get it (though you won't be allowed to wager if not from NY or CT). This is the best deal they could get. While NYCOTB was in business, they couldn't even show their own races live.
intersecting. i am in Kentucky so i did not know that.

still no excuse for other tracks. CDI just wants you to go to twinspires.

EJXD2
10-03-2011, 05:02 PM
30 minutes of free video (live racing or replays) available each day using TwinSpires TV Lite.

http://www.twinspires.com/content/tstv-lite

http://www.twinspires.com/partner/espn/

http://www.twinspires.com/partner/nbc/index.php?utm_source=nbcsportshorseracingpage&utm_medium=smallbanner&utm_campaign=watchliveracingtstvlite

EdD

NTamm1215
10-03-2011, 07:23 PM
intersecting. i am in Kentucky so i did not know that.

still no excuse for other tracks. CDI just wants you to go to twinspires.

Those intersecting points being "I don't have a point" and "I like to complain."

toussaud
10-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Those intersecting points being "I don't have a point" and "I like to complain."
you mean like the thread where i bitched about how xpressbet now (at least here) doesn't carry the Remington park feed, but yet i can wager on it through xpressbet, but because hrtv doesn't' show night races anymore, and i can basically only watch 1 race a day using the twin spires trick, and you go to Remington park's website and every time you click on the live video button it says error this stream is not available.. so here i am trying my best to get video to wager on a track and they are trying their damnedest to make sure that i can't. kinda like that not having a point.

It's a very legit gripe, especially when you start talking about the ass backwards politics that goes on in the mid west where people in texas can't water on line at all. While I know you were trying to be cute, and i could seriously care less about the bad attempt at humor by your part, it is a very legit issue for people who play tracks across the country.

NTamm1215
10-03-2011, 10:06 PM
you mean like the thread where i bitched about how xpressbet now (at least here) doesn't carry the Remington park feed, but yet i can wager on it through xpressbet, but because hrtv doesn't' show night races anymore, and i can basically only watch 1 race a day using the twin spires trick, and you go to Remington park's website and every time you click on the live video button it says error this stream is not available.. so here i am trying my best to get video to wager on a track and they are trying their damnedest to make sure that i can't. kinda like that not having a point.

It's a very legit gripe, especially when you start talking about the ass backwards politics that goes on in the mid west where people in texas can't water on line at all. While I know you were trying to be cute, and i could seriously care less about the bad attempt at humor by your part, it is a very legit issue for people who play tracks across the country.

It was your continued massacre of the English language that was my point, not the subject matter in your post. By the way, while technically illegal to wager online in Texas, it is a law that will never be enforced.

toussaud
10-03-2011, 10:19 PM
It was your continued massacre of the English language that was my point, not the subject matter in your post. By the way, while technically illegal to wager online in Texas, it is a law that will never be enforced.
who the hell cares. this is an internet forum where we talk about horse races, this isn't ****ing NATO summit meeting. I'm a lazy speller, sue me. Half the time I'm posting I'm laying on the couch and more times than not I'm posting while between HRTV commercials. . If you don't like it don't respond. I hate to be that blunt but you have a choice in the matter.

NTamm1215
10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
who the hell cares. this is an internet forum where we talk about horse races, this isn't ****ing NATO summit meeting. I'm a lazy speller, sue me. Half the time I'm posting I'm laying on the couch and more times than not I'm posting while between HRTV commercials. . If you don't like it don't respond. I hate to be that blunt but you have a choice in the matter.

Intersecting perspective.

Cardus
10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
there are still some tracks that do not give you free video of live racing on their websites.

Trying to look at the 8th at delaware, just decided i would go to their site, wrong answer.

None of the CDI tracks give you live video. Neither does any of the NY tracks (I don't think, don't quote me on that)

yes i can and will login to my ADW and watch, so it's not that inconvenient for me but that's not the point. you should want people to see your product and want to wager on it IMHO

Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you posted on this site that you are a relatively wealthy guy?

If so, why do you have problems obtaining past performances and proper video feeds?

toussaud
10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you posted on this site that you are a relatively wealthy guy?

If so, why do you have problems obtaining past performances and proper video feeds?
I do okay for myself. I wouldn't say I'm wealthy by any stretch. I sold a company at a young age, started another and I'm in the process of getting rid of it now actually. Though I see nothing as to why that has antyhing to do with my point, in particular about Remington park which really peeves me off.

Yes I could just sign up with Twinspires but i don't want to, nor should I have to. I like xpressbet and i have used them for 4 years now and don't plan on changing anytime soon. Up until last year, Xpressbet carried Remington Park, no issues at all. I go to view the races there now at the beginning of this meet and Poof!, just gone.

What i posted really isn't all that big of a stretch. it's almost 2012, and you still have companies that do millions of dollars in revenue that do on put their product online for people to see it. I should not have to beat my head against the wall to get Remington park's track feed, or Delaware park's track feed, when tracks like Turf Paradise and Charles Town have them on their site for free of charge.

Hell, I watch Australian Racing, usually on Tuesdays and Fridays, and i can do that for free at australianracing.com and it's half way around the world. There is no excuse for tracks not to make their video feeds available, that's the issue, not why don't I just pay for them another way. This isn't about me.

Cardus
10-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I do okay for myself. I wouldn't say I'm wealthy by any stretch. I sold a company at a young age, started another and I'm in the process of getting rid of it now actually. Though I see nothing as to why that has antyhing to do with my point, in particular about Remington park which really peeves me off.

Yes I could just sign up with Twinspires but i don't want to, nor should I have to. I like xpressbet and i have used them for 4 years now and don't plan on changing anytime soon. Up until last year, Xpressbet carried Remington Park, no issues at all. I go to view the races there now at the beginning of this meet and Poof!, just gone.

What i posted really isn't all that big of a stretch. it's almost 2012, and you still have companies that do millions of dollars in revenue that do on put their product online for people to see it. I should not have to beat my head against the wall to get Remington park's track feed, or Delaware park's track feed, when tracks like Turf Paradise and Charles Town have them on their site for free of charge.

Hell, I watch Australian Racing, usually on Tuesdays and Fridays, and i can do that for free at australianracing.com and it's half way around the world. There is no excuse for tracks not to make their video feeds available, that's the issue, not why don't I just pay for them another way. This isn't about me.

Lansdon, don't let Remington Park make you crazy.

ManU918
10-04-2011, 08:17 AM

Delaware shows live races on their website and provides race replays. They have one of the best sites on the net when it comes to racing. http://www.delpark.com/race_day_audio.php