PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Have Ever Surmised This?

boxcar
10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Obama: 'I Don't Think Ethics' Was My Favorite Subject

President Barack Obama told an audience of high school students in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday that he was “not always the very best student” and that ethics “would not have made it on the list” of his favorite subjects.

You think? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-i-dont-think-ethics-was-my-favorite-subject

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
10-03-2011, 12:19 AM
You're a regular riot.

TJDave
10-03-2011, 12:28 AM
In Junior High?

Really?

Anyone else here take an ethics class in the 8th grade? :rolleyes:

mostpost
10-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Let's see if we can find an example of someone with flawed ethics in this thread. Why there it is; right in the very first post. Boxcar posts this quote,
President Barack Obama told an audience of high school students in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday that he was “not always the very best student” and that ethics “would not have made it on the list” of his favorite subjects.
But conveniently neglects to include this.
Obama went on to tell the high school students that even though that 8th grade ethics class was not one of his favorites it did have a significant impact on his life—and now inspires the way he acts as president.

“I still remember that ethics class, all these years later,” Obama said. “I remember the way it made me think. I remember being asked questions like: What matters in life? Or, what does it mean to treat other people with dignity and respect? What does it mean to live in a diverse nation, where not everybody looks like you do, or thinks like you do, or comes from the same neighborhood as you do? How do we figure out how to get along?

“Each of these questions led to new questions,” said Obama. “And I didn’t always know the right answers, but those discussions and that process of discovery--those things have lasted. Those things are still with me today. Every day, I’m thinking about those same issues as I try to lead this nation.”

So, maybe Obama didn't like the class because he felt it was hard, but it apparently made an impression. Perhaps your local community college is offering an ethics class. Perhaps you could sign up.

rastajenk
10-03-2011, 07:39 AM
In Junior High?

Really?

Anyone else here take an ethics class in the 8th grade? :rolleyes:Agreed. Let's see some transcripts.

I'm not reallly interested in what kind of grades he got in the 8th grade. And maybe in a Christian-based school he did take "ethics" at a young age. But I am interested in what kind of grades he got overall, including college, because, you know, he is the Smartest Guy Ever. I want proof.

Robert Goren
10-03-2011, 09:17 AM
The only ethics class I ever took was in college. It was very boring, but I think that had more to do with the teacher than the subject. I did learn one thing in it. There is a difference between ethics and morals. I have yet to see a politician of any stripe that had either and that includes both Obama and the tea party republicans.

LottaKash
10-03-2011, 11:07 AM
I have yet to see a politician of any stripe that had either and that includes both Obama and the tea party republicans.

But, not the "tea party democrats" ?.....
Just how much of the "MM's kool-aid" have you imbibed ?....:confused:

best,

boxcar
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Let's see if we can find an example of someone with flawed ethics in this thread. Why there it is; right in the very first post. Boxcar posts this quote,

But conveniently neglects to include this.

So, maybe Obama didn't like the class because he felt it was hard, but it apparently made an impression. Perhaps your local community college is offering an ethics class. Perhaps you could sign up.

I can tell by the sheer number of this serial liar's lies just how much an impression that class made. :rolleyes:

Then we have the "little issue" of just how lawless this administration is.

Trust me on this: Ethics or Morality are not this Empty Suit's strong suit.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
10-03-2011, 12:08 PM
But, not the "tea party democrats" ?.....
Just how much of the "MM's kool-aid" have you imbibed ?....:confused:

best,I don't believe there is such an animal.

boxcar
10-03-2011, 12:12 PM
The only ethics class I ever took was in college. It was very boring, but I think that had more to do with the teacher than the subject. I did learn one thing in it. There is a difference between ethics and morals. I have yet to see a politician of any stripe that had either and that includes both Obama and the tea party republicans.

If your teacher told you that, shame on him or her.

Main Entry: ethic
Pronunciation:*e-thik
Function:noun
Etymology:Middle English ethik, from Middle French ethique, from Latin ethice, from Greek *thik*, from *thikos
Date:14th century

1 plural but singular or plural in construction : the discipline dealing with what is good and bad and with moral duty and obligation
2 a : a set of moral principles or values b : a theory or system of moral values *the present-day materialistic ethic* c plural but singular or plural in construction : the principles of conduct governing an individual or a group *professional ethics* d : a guiding philosophy

So, please explain to us what the diff is between "ethics" and "morals". One cannot behave ethically apart from being grounded in a base of high morality or moral principles.

Robert Goren
10-03-2011, 12:31 PM
I know it may seem like splitting hairs. From the article below.

"The difference between ethics and morals can seem somewhat arbitrary to many, but there is a basic, albeit subtle, difference. Morals define personal character, while ethics stress a social system in which those morals are applied. In other words, ethics point to standards or codes of behavior expected by the group to which the individual belongs. This could be national ethics, social ethics (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-social-ethics.htm), company ethics (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-company-ethics.htm), professional ethics (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-professional-ethics.htm), or even family ethics. So while a person’s moral code is usually unchanging, the ethics he or she practices can be other-dependent."
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-difference-between-ethics-and-morals.htm
I am not going to be drug into a debate about this. My point was that politicians have neither and trying to deterime that one politician is more more ethical or or more moral than another is a moot point. They all have sold souls long ago.

LottaKash
10-03-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't believe there is such an animal.

I agree, just as there is no Teaparty Republican Party either....My point being, that the Teaparty people are a band of voter/thinkers that are just fed up with the current "One party-Two faction" political system....They are a party unto themselves...A party that is not rooted in either the R or D way of doing things....

The MM would have us think otherwise, and it seems apparently, you have bought into this notion as well...

best,

boxcar
10-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Not me.

Not surprised.

Boxcar

melman
10-03-2011, 12:44 PM
I could not agree with you more Lotta. Among both the D's and the R's. The modern "progressive" is IMO the worst of the lot. Germany under Hitler had many who admired him. After all the did make the trains run on time. And convice far to many people that Jews were not realy human just rats to be wiped out. I think we are headed for a retuern of Josef Stalin and his re-education camps. Do not disagee with the government the government will protect and save you.

Robert Goren
10-03-2011, 12:48 PM
I agree, just as there is no Teaparty Republican Party either....My point being, that the Teaparty people are a band of voter/thinkers that are just fed up with the current "One party-Two faction" political system....They are a party unto themselves...A party that is not rooted in either the R or D way of doing things....

The MM would have us think otherwise, and it seems apparently, you have bought into this notion as well...

best, All you say may be true, but I doubt that you will see many self described tea partiers voting democratic, but they will vote in large numbers for republicans. How many states is the "tea party" on the ballot? When they start fielding candidates for most statewide offices across the nation under that name, they will become a party. As it is now, they are just a movement (be it a fairly powerful one) in the GOP.

boxcar
10-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Agreed. Let's see some transcripts.

I'm not reallly interested in what kind of grades he got in the 8th grade. And maybe in a Christian-based school he did take "ethics" at a young age. But I am interested in what kind of grades he got overall, including college, because, you know, he is the Smartest Guy Ever. I want proof.

Did you say "transcripts"? :lol: I would not be surprised if BO "voted" present during roll call, then ducked out of class afterward. :lol:

Boxcar

LottaKash
10-03-2011, 01:58 PM
When they start fielding candidates for most statewide offices across the nation under that name, they will become a party.[/b] As it is now, they are just a movement (be it a fairly powerful one) in the GOP.

Yes RG, that "is" the component that is missing, as the TP-ticket needs to be on "all" of the ballots, including the presidency, if this country has any chance at all at trying to undo all the damage that has been done....I mean, all this gangsterism going on with impunity....

I seriously doubt that that will happen tho....The MM has the TP holding us hostage :D

best,

LottaKash
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I could not agree with you more Lotta. ........... I think we are headed for a retuern of Josef Stalin and his re-education camps. Do not disagee with the government the government will protect and save you.

Vell sed "komrad Mel"....:D

best,