PDA

View Full Version : Live Tote Board Odds

JJMartin
10-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Where can I find an online tote board besides Bris?

thespaah
10-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Where can I find an online tote board besides Bris?
TVG.com ..
TVG lists only tracks they are affiliated with.
TVG shows exotic probables. TVG shows "will pays" on DD's P3, 4,5(where applicable) P6.
.In order to access the tote, you must click on "racing info". Then click on "today's results". A drop down menu of all tracks covered by TVG will appear. You then choose your track and race number.
Example...http://www.tvg.com/Open/RaceInformation/CurrentOddsResults.aspx

JJMartin
10-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes thanks, TVG is a great site but I should have specified that I require the ability to import data via web scrape into Excel, any other suggestions?

dkbigsky
10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I am looking for the same thing someone said bet fair but I couldn't get it to work.

guckers
10-03-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm also going to eventually be interested in having the same as I develop my custom app. I've quickly found that data seems to be guarded quite heavily... I wish there was an toteboard API out there.

GameTheory
10-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Phonebet/Racing Channel is the easiest and most reliable to deal with for programming/automation purposes, but you must have a betting account with them...

trying2win
10-03-2011, 02:55 AM
1. I often use the online toteboard at this link:

https://classic.ebetusa.com/getting-started/

..I'm a Canadian resident, and don't have an account at EBETUSA.COM, yet the site doesn't block me from using their toteboard and all its features...current odds, ML odds right beside the current odds, exacta and daily double estimated payoffs, pool totals, race results etc. The nice thing is too, that the pool totals stay on there for the rest of the same day, and even for a little while after midnight. Scratches for the racetracks they cover, are located under the link 'MEMBER SERVICES' on their home page (even though I'm not a member).

EBETUSA.COM doesn't cover quarter horse or greyhound races though.

2. Plainridge Racecourse has a free online toteboard for various racetracks:--

http://www.prcharness.com/Simulcasting/Live_Toteboard/live_toteboard.html

3. The Daily Racing Form online, offers a free online toteboard if you sign up for a free membership at their website at www.drf.com

T2W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

~“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

--Winston Churchill

gm10
10-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Betfair have an API if that's helpful. The odds aren't the same as the Tote of course, but it's still a nice input variable.

thespaah
10-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes thanks, TVG is a great site but I should have specified that I require the ability to import data via web scrape into Excel, any other suggestions?
DRF also has a tote board on their site. You may want to check that out.
"Web scrape"?

Dr Jersey Jim
10-04-2011, 09:13 AM

I don't know your level of technical ability but when you are watching TVG and it does its automatic refresh of the tote, it is sending your browser an XML file which can easily be monitored in Excel or displayed locally in an XML stylesheet of your own design. I doubt this is against their TOS because it's just using what they send you and not pulling anything from them but you need to check and make sure that you are not breaking any rules if you go this route.

JJ

guckers
10-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I don't know your level of technical ability but when you are watching TVG and it does its automatic refresh of the tote, it is sending your browser an XML file which can easily be monitored in Excel or displayed locally in an XML stylesheet of your own design. I doubt this is against their TOS because it's just using what they send you and not pulling anything from them but you need to check and make sure that you are not breaking any rules if you go this route.

JJ

Thanks! I'll have to check this out.

ByeByeBuck
10-04-2011, 02:33 PM
A little OT here...

...does anyone know of a free website on the internet which broadcasts the races live from Belmont, Aqueduct and Saratoga, either audio or video? Audio would be fine but I can't find it anywhere. There is no ADW available in my area and I don't have TVG. I've checked various websites, and radio websites all over the world and can't find one.

Also, does anyone know of a free website for Australia video - I can get the live audio from an Australia website, but can't find the video available anywhere. Those Australia announcers are the worst - listening to them call a race without being able to also watch it live, is torture. It's like about less than a furlong from the wire, they need to call every dam horse, and you often in those big fields for many agonizing seconds you have no idea what's really going on with the horses up front.

Thanks! :)

Handiman
10-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I watched Belmont the other day on Twinspires.com maybe that will work for you.

Handi:)

davew
10-04-2011, 10:16 PM
I use xpressbet to get my odds and see live video

for the guy who can't get New York, you must be able to get an ADW somewhere - or is it illegal in your state/location

the australian racing can be seen at www.australianracing.com (http://www.australianracing.com)
the video lead, odds board, past performance, tip sheets.......
just join for free to become a member

ByeByeBuck
10-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I appreciate the good info - Thank you! :)

BombsAway Bob
10-04-2011, 11:57 PM
A little OT here...

...does anyone know of a free website on the internet which broadcasts the races live from Belmont, Aqueduct and Saratoga, either audio or video? Audio would be fine but I can't find it anywhere. There is no ADW available in my area and I don't have TVG. I've checked various websites, and radio websites all over the world and can't find one.

Also, does anyone know of a free website for Australia video - I can get the live audio from an Australia website, but can't find the video available anywhere. Those Australia announcers are the worst - listening to them call a race without being able to also watch it live, is torture. It's like about less than a furlong from the wire, they need to call every dam horse, and you often in those big fields for many agonizing seconds you have no idea what's really going on with the horses up front.

Thanks! :) According to story link below,
You'll be able to get free 1/2 hour from ANY track daily thru
Thoroughbred Times & Twinspires.
(i'm Guessing if you delete cookies you could watch 1/2hr.,
delete your file cookies/history,
& watch another 1/2hr.,repeating as necessary)
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2011/10/04/twinspirestv-on-ttimes.aspx

dkithore
10-05-2011, 03:35 AM
ByeBye

Australia is fine on Twinspires.

DK

ByeByeBuck
10-05-2011, 02:03 PM
According to story link below,
You'll be able to get free 1/2 hour from ANY track daily thru
Thoroughbred Times & Twinspires.
(i'm Guessing if you delete cookies you could watch 1/2hr.,
delete your file cookies/history,
& watch another 1/2hr.,repeating as necessary)
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2011/10/04/twinspirestv-on-ttimes.aspx

The Australia link works great. Looks like the above link isn't showing Belmont.

gm10
01-29-2012, 07:27 AM

JJ

Has this changed with the launch of their new website?

wonatthewire1
01-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Daily Racing Form has one as well (www.drf.com)

After logging in (free sign up) - go to Handicapping & PP's - there is a link for live tote. It is run by United Tote

I use it as an overflow for the 6 tracks I get with NJ Bets. It updates regularly and I use a separate browser and reduce the size. Right now I have 4 up

BIG RED
02-01-2012, 05:29 AM
http://horses.bovada.lv/

this is a free live tote board, it's the old Bodog book site

Greybase
02-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Phonebet/Racing Channel is the easiest and most reliable to deal with for programming/ automation purposes, but you must have a betting account with them...
Second the vote for The Racing Channel. IF you're looking for a plain text Exacta board, they have the absolute best Live Tote around. I don't know of any other provider that offers almost ALL tracks - Tbred, Harness & Greyhound - in such a straight forward page layout.

DRF's and TwinSpires, tote feeds are waaaay too cluttered and buried with all kinds of Flash and CSS and crap compared to the simple TRC. Check it out... http://tote.racingchannel.com/

Shelby
02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Has this changed with the launch of their new website?

I can't find the live tote on their new site....I can't join because I'm in Kansas, though. They still have access to their old site and the tote works there, but I don't know for how long.

I emailed TVG and asked where the live tote was on the new site and if I could access it as a non-member, but I've never received a response.