10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78008&page=1&pp=15

A computer hack :confused:

Robert Goren
10-03-2011, 06:10 AM
He is Tony Romo lite.

cj
10-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I was down 29 in fantasy football with only the Ravens D yet to play for either. Thank you Mark Sanchez.

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Well, i'm ready to announce my official opinion of Mark Sanchez...

He ain't the one, period.

Canarsie
11-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Before the game there was lots of chatter on the radio stations should they deal for Peyton Manning if he was available.

I can only imagine what today will bring.

newtothegame
11-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Funny thing Mack...if I recall correctly, I caught hell in that thread (dished some as well) lol for saying basically the same thing.....
Sanchez is not that good!

PhantomOnTour
11-18-2011, 07:54 AM
Funny thing Mack...if I recall correctly, I caught hell in that thread (dished some as well) lol for saying basically the same thing.....
Sanchez is not that good!
I was looking for an old Sanchez thread to resurrect and stumbled upon your Christmas Day dust-up with the departed Dahoss9698...well, time has told and Sanchez just doesn't look like Super Bowl quality to me.

Robert Goren
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
I was looking for an old Sanchez thread to resurrect and stumbled upon your Christmas Day dust-up with the departed Dahoss9698...well, time has told and Sanchez just doesn't look like Super Bowl quality to me. If you looking for a QB to lead you to superbowl ala Brady,Brees, or Payton, Sanchez is probably not your man. If you have a great defense ala 07-08 Giants, OO-01 Ravens or any of bunch of Steelers teams and are looking for QB not to screw it up, then Sanchez is probably ok. The Jets do not yet have that great defense. What they have is defense that is good enough that a great QB like the ones I named would walk into the super bowl with.

pandy
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm a Jets fan and I've never believed in Sanchez from day one. The reason why the Jets got as far as they did the last two years was because they had a great defense and a top notch offensive line and run game. They lost a few players due to free agency this year and the o-line is not as good, which is exposing Sanchez for what he is, a below average QB. With the Jets receivers and talent they should be scoring a lot more points than they do.

It doesn't help that they are predictable on offense and hardly ever throw long. They have one of the fastest players in the game (Holmes) and they throw 7 yard slants to him.

newtothegame
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I was looking for an old Sanchez thread to resurrect and stumbled upon your Christmas Day dust-up with the departed Dahoss9698...well, time has told and Sanchez just doesn't look like Super Bowl quality to me.

Shhhh don't tll dahoss that. Hell we were all LUNATICS to think sanchez wasnt the next coming !! :lol:
But, in all seriousness, he has regressed this year. It's almost as if the coaching staff doesn't trust him and it's translating into his play. What I mean by that, is it is never good when a QB is looking over his shoulder!

delayjf
11-18-2011, 06:28 PM
for saying basically the same thing.....Sanchez is not that good!

I recall that thread and was in agreement. Of the two I would rather have Romo

PaceAdvantage
11-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Shhhh don't tll dahoss that. Hell we were all LUNATICS to think sanchez wasnt the next coming !! :lol: That's not quite the way I remember that thread going down...he never stated he thought Sanchez was the next coming...I believe what he said was that it was too early to rush to judgement...

Robert Goren
11-18-2011, 07:54 PM
I recall that thread and was in agreement. Of the two I would rather have Romo I would rather have Romo's running back. A top flight RB can cover a multitude of sins. The Jets had a running game last year. This year if they try to run on 1st and 2nd down, it is be 3rd and 8.

newtothegame
11-19-2011, 01:16 AM
That's not quite the way I remember that thread going down...he never stated he thought Sanchez was the next coming...I believe what he said was that it was too early to rush to judgement...
Well you can call it how you like Mike, after all that's what opinions are. But he was of the belief that sanchez was GOOD!
Sanchez is proving right where he should be...NOT GOOD!
I would even go so far, although very very early, that TEBOW will be better than sanchez. And that's not saying a lt from an NFL QB perspective. At least Tebow shows he has heart and can win under circumstances with less talent.

pandy
11-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Tebow is an interesting situation. In his career so far he is 4-1 and has had one bad game. After that bad game, his only loss, ,many so-called experts were saying that he didn't have the skills to be an NFL QB.

First of all, you can't judge someone off of one bad performance. People have short memories. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions in his rookie season.

Terry Bradshaw was horrible in his rookie season and looked like a third string QB.

Moreover, there have been quite a few successful QBs who lacked finesse but got the job done. Tebow reminds me a little of former Vikings QB Joe Kapp, a burly guy who would run over defenders, and throw ugly passes that somehow got caught.

Canarsie
11-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Moreover, there have been quite a few successful QBs who lacked finesse but got the job done. Tebow reminds me a little of former Vikings QB Joe Kapp, a burly guy who would run over defenders, and throw ugly passes that somehow got caught.

Joe Kapp could do that because it was a different era and he played half his games in a stadium where his talents could be utilized to an advantage. He might make the practice squad in today type of game.

You can't argue Tebow's record but in the long haul this is going to hurt Denver for at least five years if he stays. Just like the wildcat video is already breaking down how to stop him. The real kudos should go to Denver's defense who has kept them in all these games.

I stand by what I said earlier. NO free agent receiver with an ounce of brains in his head will sign with Denver unless the signing bonus if heads over heels better than any other team.

Robert Goren
11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Joe Kapp could do that because it was a different era and he played half his games in a stadium where his talents could be utilized to an advantage. He might make the practice squad in today type of game.

You can't argue Tebow's record but in the long haul this is going to hurt Denver for at least five years if he stays. Just like the wildcat video is already breaking down how to stop him. The real kudos should go to Denver's defense who has kept them in all these games.

I stand by what I said earlier. NO free agent receiver with an ounce of brains in his head will sign with Denver unless the signing bonus if heads over heels better than any other team.Signing big name free agent receivers generally does not work out all that well for the teams that sign them. I suspect that Denver will start drafting big recievers that can block if they go all in with Tebow.

Robert Fischer
11-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Tebow is fine, and is already better than Sanchez, but Tebow is going to get hampered by injuries if he keeps having to shoulder the whole load. The Broncos need a complete overhaul and about 3 other young bucks who they can ride at the QB position while Tebow develops and stays healthy.

broncos or whoever decides to use him needs 3 (1 extra) active QBs who are disposable commodities and not franchise pieces. Tebow can be a primary guy and get paid as much as an average starting running back. The other athletes even cheaper. If you have a few of them it's so much better because of simple things like

tebow happens to gets hit hard on a random play - 90% chance he's handing off next play and not running or trying to throw - instead SUB in a guy like pryor or denard robinson or some random athlete that they scouted from div1 or black college who doesn't have to be tall - he can be 6'0 tall - theres a million of these athletes out there some on the b-ball court. millions.
tebow and one of the other guys who happens to be able to quarterback in clutch situations and throw when needed can be kept fresh and the offense doesn't have to be scaled back
the WHOLE offense should be SPREAD OPTION - if tebow goes down- they go back to orton or the notre dame guys?? wtf?? those guys cant run.
the O-line can be built with shorter , faster cheaper guys because the ATHLETES they bring in to run the qb option(or a fast running QB who can stand NEXT to Tebow and carry some of the load /dirty work) are too short to see over 6;7" lineman anyway.
no need for a franchise WR - get a short versatile guys that go over the middle and can block
have a BAZILLION dollars to spend on DEFENSE because everyone from QBS to lineman were among the cheapest in the NFL, no excuse not to have the highest paid Defense and at least one legit pro-bowl star at each level (d-line,linebacka,corner,safety)

Tebow is an interesting situation. In his career so far he is 4-1 and has had one bad game. After that bad game, his only loss, ,many so-called experts were saying that he didn't have the skills to be an NFL QB.

First of all, you can't judge someone off of one bad performance. People have short memories. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions in his rookie season.

Terry Bradshaw was horrible in his rookie season and looked like a third string QB.

rastajenk
11-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I've always thought a two QB system could work, in spite of what the experts alway say. It wouldn't be a hot-and-cold thing, like most QB controversies, but situational, like Mr. Fischer describes above. And if you could have them both in the huddle at the same time, that could be even better.

Do coaching 'geniuses' earn that tag these days with innovation or by mastering the established templates? I'd guess anymore it's the latter.

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2011, 12:15 AM

Moreover, there have been quite a few successful QBs who lacked finesse but got the job done. Tebow reminds me a little of former Vikings QB Joe Kapp, a burly guy who would run over defenders, and throw ugly passes that somehow got caught.And wasn't the above basically how Dahoss argued in Sanchez's favor, newtothegame?

Dahoss never said Sanchez was GREAT...he was simply arguing it was too early to throw him in the trash heap...

PhantomOnTour
11-20-2011, 01:39 AM
And wasn't the above basically how Dahoss argued in Sanchez's favor, newtothegame?

Dahoss never said Sanchez was GREAT...he was simply arguing it was too early to throw him in the trash heap...
I thought Dahoss was a better handicapper than that -
Sanchez is an underlay :D

Robert Fischer
11-20-2011, 04:42 AM
I've always thought a two QB system could work, in spite of what the experts alway say. It wouldn't be a hot-and-cold thing, like most QB controversies, but situational, like Mr. Fischer describes above. And if you could have them both in the huddle at the same time, that could be even better.

Do coaching 'geniuses' earn that tag these days with innovation or by mastering the established templates? I'd guess anymore it's the latter.

not sure ... just BSing and getting a little carried away on the NFL-Spread-Option that may be unrealistic
, but i've probably mentioned Urban Meyer as a favorite

A guy like Nick Saban? (BAMA) he's a great coach and leader but he seems to win because he has the best, big guys - and they run you over...

the stuff that TEBOW does now isn't all that complicated
but what is completely new is that NO NFL TEAM has EVER "sold out" or gone "all-in" or whatever you want to call it with a full commitment to building an offense like that.
Even the broncos are "week to week" (aren't we all?) and having an Orton backing up a Tebow means you have completely different game plans should an injury occur...

WPL
11-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I saw this comparison between Mark Sanchez and Eli Manning after their first 41 professional games:

Sanchez: Starts – 41, completions – 667, attempts – 1,209, comp. % – 55.2%, yards – 8,068, TDs – 43, INTs – 43, QB rating – 72.9

Manning; Starts – 41, completions – 731, attempts – 1,337, comp. % – 54.7%, yards – 8,572, TDs – 52, INTs – 47, QB rating – 72.7

I think Sanchez can develop into a real solid qb in the league. As long as his offensive line does not get him killed - which is what they've been doing to him all year.

Canarsie
11-20-2011, 11:10 AM
I saw this comparison between Mark Sanchez and Eli Manning after their first 41 professional games:

Sanchez: Starts – 41, completions – 667, attempts – 1,209, comp. % – 55.2%, yards – 8,068, TDs – 43, INTs – 43, QB rating – 72.9

Manning; Starts – 41, completions – 731, attempts – 1,337, comp. % – 54.7%, yards – 8,572, TDs – 52, INTs – 47, QB rating – 72.7

I think Sanchez can develop into a real solid qb in the league. As long as his offensive line does not get him killed - which is what they've been doing to him all year.

Numbers can be crunched by both sides to aid their argument. To me the comparison is a huge gap Manning calls his own plays and Sanchez looks lost when he has to audible. You have to be able to read the defense and check off with the right call which he rarely does.

newtothegame
11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
And wasn't the above basically how Dahoss argued in Sanchez's favor, newtothegame?

Mike, it's really that hard to let go??? lol

Ok, let me try to set the record straight here.....No, Dahoss never said sanchez was great. (Edited...removed political comments)

For the most part, I agreed with dahoss throughout that thread about sanchez except one major point. He felt that...

"But he is talented and still has a lot of upside. He's shown tremendous poise in some of their late game heroics this this year. As a rookie he was nearly flawless in their playoff wins."
And I disagree that sanchez has A LOT OF UPSIDE. I even said so in my post.
Then, whether or not it was intended that way, dahoss went on to say ..

I maintain thinking he has no upside is an awful opinion. A bad game or two doesn't change that. A lot of players go through slumps. Look at Peyton Manning a few weeks back."
Now you can argue it was not a comparison or whatever but when a thread is being discussed about a certain person and his abilities and you ( in this case dahoss the defender of his position) bring MANNING , PEYTON at that, into the conversation...well thats just crazy! He say's it wasnt a comparison....yeah ok.
You don't use terms like "A LOT OF UPSIDE" then just casually toss out a person who may be argueably one of the best ever and say it wasnt a comparison. Maybe he was just trying to say ...all the greats go through slumps????
Now I know he said " a lot of players go through slumps...." But he didnt chose to use a lot of players. he chose the top of the top.

But, even then it wouldnt of gotten out of hand at that point. It got out of hand because dahoss chose to insult everyone for disagreeing with his assessment. Mountain, myself and others. Remember Mike..."how many games have I watched" and if I didnt then obviously I must be stupid for even thinking I could discuss a topic. It got way out of hand as I am not gonna allow anyone to personally attack me without a response. I don't play the turn the other cheek role well. And in the end, he was shown for what he truly is ...A Narcissistic little but head. Actually, the thread got pretty funny as EVERYTHING he said was a common trait of narcissistic personalities. I hope he took my advice and got some meds!

PaceAdvantage
11-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Mike, it's really that hard to let go??? lol

Ok, let me try to set the record straight here.....No, Dahoss never said sanchez was great. (Edited...removed political comments)

For the most part, I agreed with dahoss throughout that thread about sanchez except one major point. He felt that...

"But he is talented and still has a lot of upside. He's shown tremendous poise in some of their late game heroics this this year. As a rookie he was nearly flawless in their playoff wins."
And I disagree that sanchez has A LOT OF UPSIDE. I even said so in my post.
Then, whether or not it was intended that way, dahoss went on to say ..

I maintain thinking he has no upside is an awful opinion. A bad game or two doesn't change that. A lot of players go through slumps. Look at Peyton Manning a few weeks back."
Now you can argue it was not a comparison or whatever but when a thread is being discussed about a certain person and his abilities and you ( in this case dahoss the defender of his position) bring MANNING , PEYTON at that, into the conversation...well thats just crazy! He say's it wasnt a comparison....yeah ok.
You don't use terms like "A LOT OF UPSIDE" then just casually toss out a person who may be argueably one of the best ever and say it wasnt a comparison. Maybe he was just trying to say ...all the greats go through slumps????
Now I know he said " a lot of players go through slumps...." But he didnt chose to use a lot of players. he chose the top of the top.

But, even then it wouldnt of gotten out of hand at that point. It got out of hand because dahoss chose to insult everyone for disagreeing with his assessment. Mountain, myself and others. Remember Mike..."how many games have I watched" and if I didnt then obviously I must be stupid for even thinking I could discuss a topic. It got way out of hand as I am not gonna allow anyone to personally attack me without a response. I don't play the turn the other cheek role well. And in the end, he was shown for what he truly is ...A Narcissistic little but head. Actually, the thread got pretty funny as EVERYTHING he said was a common trait of narcissistic personalities. I hope he took my advice and got some meds!
This is all well and good, but you're bringing a lot of tangents into this conversation that are not necessary. All I was trying to do was point out exactly what you just agreed with.

And what is it with this "is it that hard to let it go?" I'll let it go when you finally submit to what was actually going on in that thread, relative to the points being brought up here.

You finally have, so I will let it go now. Not hard at all.

Canarsie
11-22-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2011/11/rex-ryan-gives-mark-brunell-some-first-team-snaps-at-practice-to-try-to-motivate-mark-s

WPL
11-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Motivation for Mark might not be the only reason. If the O line does not start protecting Sanchez better they are going to get him killed back there.

pandy
11-23-2011, 12:13 AM
If the Jets had a good second string QB I think they be seriously considering a change. Brunell is 41 and hasn't played much in the past few years, although he played well in his one game last year.

One big difference with Brunell compared to Sanchez, Brunell will pass to a receiver who is covered and give the receiver a chance to make a play. Sanchez often hesitates to pull the trigger, afraid of an interception. He expects his receivers to get separation, and that's not going to happen that often in the NFL.

You look at the guys who have been playing well this year, Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Aaron Rogers, etc., they complete passes to receivers who are well covered all day long, even when they're under pressure. A lot of Jets fans are trying to makes excuses for Sanchez because of the lack of protection but with his receivers, he has no excuses, he just isn't that good.

I've seen Jay Cutler make sensational passes all the time while he was about to get clobbered. The Bears O-line was awful at protecting the passer last year and most of this year.