PDA

View Full Version : How About This! Bush In Iraq!

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2003, 12:37 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=1&u=/ap/20031127/ap_on_re_mi_ea/bush_iraq

Suff
11-27-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm still concerned about the situation. But This means alot to me.

I'll look at him entirley different now. He put his body where his mouth went. Thats Big. This one visit changed the fear factor.

The Man's not afraid.

JustRalph
11-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Suff
I'm still concerned about the situation. But This means alot to me. I'll look at him entirley different now. He put his body where his mouth went. Thats Big. This one visit changed the fear factor.
The Man's not afraid.

After watching that video of the DHL plane getting hit by a surface to air missile the other day.......this was a big move and a big middle finger to those guys with the missiles. Classy move for the troops.

BillW
11-27-2003, 04:30 PM
In the 2000 election I wasn't a big fan of his, I thought he was too weak to be our leader (I get a chuckle every time someone accuses him of being an out of control cowboy ... what a joke)

I live in the state he governed before he was elected president. Here he did demonstrate the ability to grasp the full breadth of a problem and the willingness to act when necessary to seek a solution. He never seemed to shy away from what needed to be done, but never seemed to be tough enough when I thought he needed to be (problems in public education are much different than the enormity and seriousness of the global terrorism issue).

His handling of the terrorism problem has in someways confirmed my previous observations of his analytical abilities but also removed my concerns of him being to weak to act. Up until now, we as a country have put up with the islamic countries subversively generating/supporting terrorism while outwardly putting on an innocent face. This is the root of the problem, not training camps in Afghanistan or a few wackos living in a cave in Pakistan. Hence the "You are either with us or against us". Bravado? (chuckling as above) no, he is just putting our enemy on notice (Saudi, Egypt, Pakistan etc.) that he sees what is going on and is going to do something about it. We now, for the first time since the beginning of this problem in the sixties, see islamic countries starting to arrest militants. To the best of their abiity? probably not but a step in the right direction. This would not have happened if we were looked at as weak and spineless. These counrties are starting to understand that we are no longer willing to overlook their support for terroristic activities and are willing to take action to stop it, resulting in a consequences that outweighs the risk they incur by discontinuing support for this activity.

While things don't seem to be going perfectly (we still need to kill Bin Laden/Hussein) I am now more comfortable that Bush has what it takes to deal effectively with these issues.

BTW is anyone aware of any accurate depictions of the post war cleanup in Europe? It would be an interesting contrast.

Bill

Tom
11-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Tip 'o the ole hat to W.....this was a classy move.
While you are there, W, feel free to pee out of AirForce 1 one your way out. :D

shanta
11-27-2003, 05:28 PM
THAT TOOK A LOT OF GUTS MR. PRES!!!!! SAFE RETURN

mezmac
11-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Impressive move by a solid leader, Americans should be proud.

Kind regards.....from a Canadian

lsbets
11-27-2003, 09:56 PM
To all of those who like to call Bush a chickenhawk who "hid" in the National Guard during Vietnam:

Shove it up your ass!

Sorry for the language PA, but coming from someone who found out yesterday that I will be spending an extended vacation in sunny, exotic Iraq, I cannot begin to say hbow much it means to serve under a commander in chief who would put his life on the line to boost the morale of the soldiers. I can just hear the screams of a "political gimmick to look good for reelection". He is the ultimate target for terrorists and he risked it all. That is a leader. Thank you Mr. President!

sq764
11-27-2003, 09:57 PM
I wonder if he thought of this on his own or if one of his advisors said "You know what would be a great move..."

Either way, a brilliant move, not only for morale, but it shows balls to our Iraqi friends..

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2003, 10:16 PM
LS, that language is perfectly acceptable, especially given the context.... ;)

Tom
11-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Gee, after I think about it, Bush goes THERE to meet our troops and serve them dinner.
Sadamm was too chicken to show his ugly puss in his homeland.
Bin Laden has peed in front of camels and cave-bats for two years.
Kind of sheds a little light on who is really the right side in this war - on leader walks into the middle of harms way to stand tall amoung his people while two other "leaders" cower like frightened little girls in the dark, afraind of the light of day.
Perhaps Bin Laden has become Batman? And Sadamm has become Dracula?
And Bush flew right in in Air Force One.....
Too bad they didn't kno whe was coming earlier-they could have arranged for fireworks to celebrate. Like Mosul, or Tikrit.

DJofSD
11-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Incredable! He could only top this by doing it again on Christmas.

I can not imagine what a wonderful, jubulent boost to moral and spirits it must have been to be sitting there expecting to have a speach read to you to then have the Commander and Chief walk out onto the stage. A memory to last a life time.

And think of the psychological 'up yours' this sent to the resistance forces. (Is that what was meant by the 'the p*ss off of AF-1' directive?)

I'll be looking to see how this gets played up (or down) in the left leaning media.

Actions speak so loudly.

DJofSD

boxcar
11-28-2003, 11:55 AM
DJofSD wrote in part:

I'll be looking to see how this gets played up (or down) in the left leaning media.

Actions speak so loudly.

Forget the "left leaning media". Catch a glimpse of what the radical headcases are saying on the Deomocratic Underground forum. But act quickly 'cause it's not unusual to see entire threads pulled when someone deems that it's gone over the edge.

Sorry for the wrap; you have to cut and paste this one:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=788146

As you'll see, the whackos have lost it completely.

Boxcar

lsbets
11-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Boxcar, I just read that thread, and all I can say is those people are disgusting.

sq764
11-28-2003, 03:23 PM
I read that thread too and have but only one thought..

If this idiot thinks he lives in a shithole country, he should get the hell out. Go to France.

JustRalph
11-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Great Link......... I wonder how many of those user names are new monikers for Amazin?

Wow...what a bunch over at that site. You see why I say it's a choice between the lessor of two evils. Those guys are evil.

Tom
11-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Moron magnet fer sure.
I gotta sign up there and have some fun. lol

What about a handle?
How about Ronnie Ray-Gun.
heh,heh,heh.

Lefty
11-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Boxcar, the link worked fine as is. This guy talks about sand; think it's in his head where the brain's supposed to be.

boxcar
11-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Tom wrote:

Moron magnet fer sure.
I gotta sign up there and have some fun. lol

What about a handle?
How about Ronnie Ray-Gun.
heh,heh,heh.

LOL! The problem is, however, you wouldn't last two minutes over there. That forum is a closed click of stench-filled rotting corpses, who I have to think that God above has given over to a reprobate mind. IOW, the forum is heavily censored.

In fairness, however, the conservative Free Republic Forum is only slightly more tolerant of those with opposing views. Unlike the joint above, they will allow Libs to post their views, providing the posts are civil and the moderators believe the posters aren't out to nuke the place.

Boxcar

freeneasy
11-29-2003, 06:22 PM
this bombastic nimrod is noth'n more then a mix mouth, two fisted vodaka drinking clodhopper, take'n a wiz against the wind.
see if you feel that this world is nothing more then a shithole of a planet and that the united states is nothing more then a shithole of a country, well i can certainly tell you this, and that is that at least you wont get your throat sheared from one ear to the other, as well as having your dead body dragged around and stoned for making a statement such as that here in the u.s. as you would for making such a statement about irac in irac now would'ja? from head to mouth this guy's a real port-a-poti