PDA

View Full Version : Dandream wins The Arc

atonymania
10-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Dandream wins the Arc and set a record.
Do youthink they will send her to the BC?

depalma113
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Dandream wins the Arc and set a record.
Do youthink they will send her to the BC?

They were using the ARC as a prep for the BC F&M Turf, so I hope they don't change their plans now.

Nacumi
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
From the post race interview, the jock said the BC was their target, almost implying that the Arc was the prep! :lol: Ticked off a new track record as well.
Danedream did it easily. She's bred out the wazoo to run for weeks, with inbreeding to the great Natalma, and to the legendary Ribot, who won the Arc twice. :ThmbUp:

precocity
10-02-2011, 11:10 AM
lost my azz on that race? :mad:

nijinski
10-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Was a filly trifecta fest.

Cardus
10-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Danedream.

Who was trained by Lucas, I think.

gm10
10-03-2011, 06:15 AM
It's a great result for the German racing industry who have made some courageous choices. For example, they don't allow horses for breeding purposes if they've ever run on Lasix or if they haven't raced for at least two seasons during their career. Good to see that it's all paying off.

cj
10-03-2011, 09:09 AM
It's a great result for the German racing industry who have made some courageous choices. For example, they don't allow horses for breeding purposes if they've ever run on Lasix or if they haven't raced for at least two seasons during their career. Good to see that it's all paying off.

They have been getting better and better too over the years. I applaud their decisions.

maddog42
10-03-2011, 10:43 AM
From the post race interview, the jock said the BC was their target, almost implying that the Arc was the prep! :lol: Ticked off a new track record as well.
Danedream did it easily. She's bred out the wazoo to run for weeks, with inbreeding to the great Natalma, and to the legendary Ribot, who won the Arc twice. :ThmbUp:

From Thoroughbred Times:

Talk about a quick return on investment.

Prominent Japanese breeder Teruya Yoshida purchased a half-interest in German multiple Group 1 winner Danedream on Friday from Gestut Burg Eberstein. Two days later, Danedream dominated the competition in a scintillating Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Fr-G1) victory at Longchamp.

https://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2011/10/02/danedream-wins-arc.aspx

I am not sure this horse returned this investment, but maybe. What a stroke of luck!! Buy a horse and 2 days later win the most prestigous turf race in the world.

Valuist
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
While I wouldn't label it a crawlfest I think the pace was definitely on the slowish side, which worked against some of the higher regarded entrants. I know the stereotype is all Euro races are slow paced, but the last two Arcs had very strong paces, as the fields were strung out about 20 lengths.

Pell Mell
10-07-2011, 07:39 AM

She is out of Danedrop who was unraced...as I have blogged in the past, it doesn't matter what a horse has done on the track, it's all in the blood..a lot of good horses were produced by unraced mares.:ThmbUp:

nijinski
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM

Those stringent rules could also be related to the sad fact that horsemeat is heavily regulated for drugs in the food chain in in Europe. It's the part they never discuss .

nearco
10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Those stringent rules could also be related to the sad fact that horsemeat is heavily regulated for drugs in the food chain in in Europe. It's the part they they never discuss .

???
German rules prohibiting stallions that ran on race day meds from breeding has no effect on meds in horsemeat. They are completely unrelated.