PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Sat...Track Condition?

zerosky
09-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Anyone know what the likely condition of said track will be?
Dirt and Turf.

Thanks

aaron
09-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm not far from Belmont and it was raining pretty hard.

trying2win
09-30-2011, 08:49 PM
In my opinion, Belmont Park offers too many turf races on their cards. And...if they get periods when it rains several days in a row in the New York City area, they wind up with a heck of a lot of scratches on those scheduled turf races. How many handicappers like it when Belmont announces 'ALL RACES WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE TURF', on any given race day and you wind up with a lot of short fields? Can the racing secretary be that dumb not to forecast those kind of situations? Take a tip from me, Mr. Belmont racing secretary...card more dirt races and you'll have a lot less scratches on rainy days...and a bigger parimutuel handle.

T2W

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.”

--C.E. Stowe

point given
09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Rain is supposed to end Saturday morning so they will work on it and probably get it to good by late afternoon, my guess.

turninforhome10
10-01-2011, 12:35 AM
In my opinion, Belmont Park offers too many turf races on their cards. And...if they get periods when it rains several days in a row in the New York City area, they wind up with a heck of a lot of scratches on those scheduled turf races. How many handicappers like it when Belmont announces 'ALL RACES WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE TURF', on any given race day and you wind up with a lot of short fields? Can the racing secretary be that dumb not to forecast those kind of situations? Take a tip from me, Mr. Belmont racing secretary...card more dirt races and you'll have a lot less scratches on rainy days...and a bigger parimutuel handle.

T2W

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"Common sense is the knack of seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be done.”

--C.E. Stowe

Card more dirt races right now and he will have a lot less races go. There is still a lot of grass horses at Belmont. Should he write the 2nd condition book with no grass and watch the vans flock to the backside to go south. Come on :rolleyes:

Cardus
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
MickJ26 described the rainfall in the "Jockey Club Gold Cup Card: Terrific" thread. Apparently, it rained hard in the area of Belmont Park tonight.

Since the area received a prior rainfall earlier this week, we are probably looking at either a "Soft" or "Yielding" turf course.

The dirt condition is harder to predict, since the main track might have been sealed today. I have no idea if that is the case, though.

Richie
10-01-2011, 08:38 AM
muddy and yielding, all turf off, except the 2 stakes