PDA

View Full Version : The Vosburgh

PhantomOnTour
09-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Let's talk about it.
Best race on Belmont's stakes packed Saturday card.

Scoured the field looking for upsetters and overlays, but I think the ML favorite, Trappe Shot, is the goods y'all.
Big Drama ain't far behind, but he's had an odd campaign consisting of only two races; a Gr3 and an ungraded stakes. He won them both; in one race he put up a huge fig and the other he just did enough to win...so where does that leave him in this race? Is this just another prep towards defending his title in the BC Sprint?...not fully cranked yet???
He runs fast early and late...if he's ready, he's trouble.

Euroears' fate depends on Big Drama's readiness imo. If BD doesn't go with Euro then Euro should be very tough to catch, but if he's engaged I expect him to back out of it in the lane.

I hesistate to actually put this in writing, but I will try with Apriority and maybe, just maybe even Justin Phillip underneath. Both lose Ramon to Big Drama, but both have also found a rate and finish style recently that could help them in this race.
Apriority almost pulled it off in the CD Hcp-Gr2 with a more off the pace than normal style. He is a consistent finisher and can get a share here at a nice price...10-1 would be nice. His final numbers are close to the best that Drama and Trappe Shot have run.
As for Justin Phillip...well, he's just too slow to win but a lil madness up front could set him up for a piece (where's Aikenite when you need him!?). I need a huge price though, 20-1 plus.

Let's hope they get to cookin' up front and one of these guys can grab a slice. Only problem is that at 6f these quality horses may not come back to the closers.
Track condition tomorrow is a factor, ofcourse.

Very interested to hear other opinions on this one.

Spiderman
09-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Let's talk about it.
Best race on Belmont's stakes packed Saturday card.

Scoured the field looking for upsetters and overlays, but I think the ML favorite, Trappe Shot, is the goods y'all.
Big Drama ain't far behind, but he's had an odd campaign consisting of only two races; a Gr3 and an ungraded stakes. He won them both; in one race he put up a huge fig and the other he just did enough to win...so where does that leave him in this race? Is this just another prep towards defending his title in the BC Sprint?...not fully cranked yet???
He runs fast early and late...if he's ready, he's trouble.

Euroears' fate depends on Big Drama's readiness imo. If BD doesn't go with Euro then Euro should be very tough to catch, but if he's engaged I expect him to back out of it in the lane.

I hesistate to actually put this in writing, but I will try with Apriority and maybe, just maybe even Justin Phillip underneath. Both lose Ramon to Big Drama, but both have also found a rate and finish style recently that could help them in this race.
Apriority almost pulled it off in the CD Hcp-Gr2 with a more off the pace than normal style. He is a consistent finisher and can get a share here at a nice price...10-1 would be nice. His final numbers are close to the best that Drama and Trappe Shot have run.
As for Justin Phillip...well, he's just too slow to win but a lil madness up front could set him up for a piece (where's Aikenite when you need him!?). I need a huge price though, 20-1 plus.

Let's hope they get to cookin' up front and one of these guys can grab a slice. Only problem is that at 6f these quality horses may not come back to the closers.
Track condition tomorrow is a factor, ofcourse.

Very interested to hear other opinions on this one.

Track condition was a factor, today. Nothin' but speed. The lead is all you need and on big days, the surface is as glib as can be.

I think Justin Phillip is in over his head, but give Apriority a chance. The speed will need to comeback and both Euro and Big D never quit.

HandyKapper
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Looks like Big Drama will scratch.

PhantomOnTour
09-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Looks like Big Drama will scratch.
That big fig at GP must have fried him...he's out.
Euroears camp is liking the prospect of a lonely lead.

GatetoWire
09-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Big Drama spiked a temperature on the flight today from Calder

point given
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
That big fig at GP must have fried him...he's out.
Euroears camp is liking the prospect of a lonely lead.

Substitute Force Freeze
:21ª :43ª :55© 1:07ª to go with Euroears

PhantomOnTour
09-30-2011, 09:21 PM
[/b]

Substitute Force Freeze
:21ª :43ª :55© 1:07ª to go with Euroears

Force Freeze had better have his runnin shoes on. He ran on a very fast Mth track last time. He has tried Graded/Group foes 5 times and has only one 3rd place finish to show for it. Euroears outsprinted him in Dubai and he wilted.
He did run a nice race (3-wide duel and drew off) and his work tab is eyecatching (like Euroears) but he will need more than his best to win it imo.

point given
09-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Force Freeze had better have his runnin shoes on. He ran on a very fast Mth track last time. He has tried Graded/Group foes 5 times and has only one 3rd place finish to show for it. Euroears outsprinted him in Dubai and he wilted.
He did run a nice race (3-wide duel and drew off) and his work tab is eyecatching (like Euroears) but he will need more than his best to win it imo.

I just think FF didnot like poly and will seriously engage Euro
I'll still go for Horse For Course Trappe Shot 3 for 3 and 3-2-1-0 on off going
11Jun11Bel® 6fs :22ª :45© :56« 1:08« ¦ ¨¨° Trunrthh-G2 ¨©ª 89 108/ 103 -¬ -¬ 112 3 3 3ª 1 1« 1¯ VelzquezJR¨¨L

Ocala Mike
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
EUROEARS

Ocala Mike

toussaud
09-30-2011, 11:30 PM
EUROEARS

Ocala Mike
i like euroears here as well.

PhantomOnTour
10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Apriority holding at his ML of 12-1...gotta go with him.
Fresh and working well; nice trip looms behind the speed, need Force Freeze to challenge Euroears early...please!

TRI
:4: :8:
:3:
ALL

EX
:1: :4: :8:

WIN

Beachbabe
10-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Trappe Shot.....no problemo.

Tom
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM
:2: :5:

Force Freeze and Giant Ryan

Tee
10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
:7: Justin Phillip

turninforhome10
10-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Force Freeze by 2

Shemp Howard
10-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Gotta love Giant Ryan @ 12-1. 6 straight wins .Trappe Shot a stiff.

turninforhome10
10-01-2011, 04:01 PM

You are a happy man now if you don't smile and be happy after that you better check yourself. Congrats good pickin

turninforhome10
10-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Force Freeze ran gamely but the speed is holding amazingly.

Tom
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
You are a happy man now if you don't smile and be happy after that you better check yourself. Congrats good pickin

There is no emoticon for cart wheels, but I assure you, if there were...:lol:

PhantomOnTour
10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Way to go Tom :ThmbUp:

Dream trip for Apriority and he had nothing.

turninforhome10
10-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Your the man

Valuist
10-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Nice :ThmbUp:

cj
10-01-2011, 08:04 PM

http://quizilla.teennick.com/templates/QZ2/images/dev/moods/spin.gif

Tom
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Now that is nice! :D

JustRalph
10-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Nice picking Tommy :lol: :jump:

Exotic1
10-02-2011, 12:10 AM

Nice work.

Box exacta with a layup pick 4 after that.

Outstanding !!!

toetoe
10-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Nice handycrappin', Tom. :ThmbUp:

I played Euroears (4/1 m.l.) and Force Freeze (20/1) to win. I played early in the morning and went to work.

The former went off at 2/1, sad but understandable after the scratch. The latter went off at 6/1 or 7/1. :mad:

overthehill
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
no disrespect intended but years betting convinces me that price is everything, and I have always regretted betting when I assumed I knew what the price would be. I believe that the betting is frequently predictable but off at least 20% for one reason or another. either because there is a smart play horse, the favorite looks and acts terrible on the track, late scratches, or most commonly the track handicapper makes a mistake in assessing how the crowd is going to bet a particular horse.