PDA

View Full Version : TVG - Santa Anita

edmond1
09-30-2011, 04:06 PM
I thought TVG was supposed to be covering Santa Anita ???

andymays
09-30-2011, 04:10 PM
If you don't get HRTV you can go to http://www.hrtv.com/hrtv2/ and see it streamed live.

toussaud
09-30-2011, 06:05 PM
the HRTV live feed today is unusually crappy

fast4522
09-30-2011, 06:11 PM
The video feed from Bris is good at Santa Anita.

trying2win
09-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Andy:

Thanks for the video link :ThmbUp:

T2W

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

~"What can you do right now to begin to turn your life around? The very first thing is to start making a list of things to be grateful for."

--Joe Vitale

BlueShoe
09-30-2011, 07:26 PM
If you don't get HRTV you can go to http://www.hrtv.com/hrtv2/ and see it streamed live.
Neat, this is the first time have ever been on the HRTV website, since TW does not cary it and am unable to use dish. Will this be a permanent feature, or is it a promotion that will end? Was not asked to register or log in, as soon as arrived, after the G. Stevens ad, bang, there they were. :ThmbUp:

toussaud
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Neat, this is the first time have ever been on the HRTV website, since TW does not cary it and am unable to use dish. Will this be a permanent feature, or is it a promotion that will end? Was not asked to register or log in, as soon as arrived, after the G. Stevens ad, bang, there they were. :ThmbUp:
it's going to be on like that for the entire meet

I don't know exactly how you are doing it but hrtvlive.com which is the same thing, but 24/7, is giving away a free 1 month trail right now if you enter the promo code santa11

Canarsie
10-01-2011, 07:56 AM
I saw HRTV for the first time yesterday and was quite pleased with the professionalism compared to TVG. Didn't see any antics of goofiness that's a major plus in my opinion.

Plus they didn't have a guy or gal reading the previous days DRF and making picks.

toussaud
10-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I saw HRTV for the first time yesterday and was quite pleased with the professionalism compared to TVG. Didn't see any antics of goofiness that's a major plus in my opinion.

Plus they didn't have a guy or gal reading the previous days DRF and making picks.
you can see why i pretty much watch HRTV unless it's hollywood friday night.

now if they can just do something about the dang graphics we would be all good

Tom
10-01-2011, 11:04 AM
HRTV is a good product as far as it goes. No night tracks is a serious flaw.
Rich Perloff on TVG has a good show, too bad the afternoon switched to the Romper Room network with the clowns.

toussaud
10-01-2011, 11:21 AM
HRTV is a good product as far as it goes. No night tracks is a serious flaw.
Rich Perloff on TVG has a good show, too bad the afternoon switched to the Romper Room network with the clowns.
yeah that's the only real gripe i have with HRTv. someone convinced them at the network that people give 2 shits about "horse sports".

i admit i do watch some of the monty roberts stuff, my GF is a horse gal and she likes him and so if nothing else is on i will watch that, learned a thing or two about horses, but i mean this is a horse racing channel. Maybe that was the plan all along.

back in "the day" they would show horse racing from sun up to sun down. once the racing in the US went off they would go over to the Australian racing which I actually happen to follow and i'm quite peeved they don't show it anymore. they used to show JRA racing, no more. Nothing on Tuesdays, but Tuesdays are usually my dark day anyway.

Anyway enjoy the free month, hrtvlive is my preferred method of receiving HRTV
\
also if you have never watched HRTV, take the time to click on some of the old inside information episodes and pursuit of the cup episodes as well, they are all free. the site even lets you watch alo f the past race replay shows from all the "major" (i.e Belmont and santa anita) tracks on the site.

nearco
10-01-2011, 01:14 PM
yeah that's the only real gripe i have with HRTv. someone convinced them at the network that people give 2 shits about "horse sports".

i admit i do watch some of the monty roberts stuff, my GF is a horse gal and she likes him and so if nothing else is on i will watch that, learned a thing or two about horses, but i mean this is a horse racing channel. Maybe that was the plan all along.

back in "the day" they would show horse racing from sun up to sun down. once the racing in the US went off they would go over to the Australian racing which I actually happen to follow and i'm quite peeved they don't show it anymore. they used to show JRA racing, no more. Nothing on Tuesdays, but Tuesdays are usually my dark day anyway.

Anyway enjoy the free month, hrtvlive is my preferred method of receiving HRTV
\
also if you have never watched HRTV, take the time to click on some of the old inside information episodes and pursuit of the cup episodes as well, they are all free. the site even lets you watch alo f the past race replay shows from all the "major" (i.e Belmont and santa anita) tracks on the site.

There is a whole more people interested in equestrian sports, with a whole lot more disposable income, than are interested in horse racing, esp Aussie and japanese racing... I mean just look at this board, how many of the so called hardcore 'cappers give two shits about Aussie racing, or any racing outside of the US? Makes sense that they would try and tap into the horsie crowd. Sucks for horseracing fans though.

Al Gobbi
10-01-2011, 01:29 PM
You would have thought TVG would send a crew to Belmont today for the big races. After all, they did it for Woodbine and Turfway the past few weeks and are at Fresno Thursday.

Tom
10-01-2011, 02:44 PM
ESPN has some of the races - so I imagine TVG will have them on delay? If that is the case, I wouldn't bother covering the day if I were TVG.

ESPN sticks the races on Classic, which is close to not showing them at all.

NYRA, please, no more deals with ESPN - they are bad for racing.

cj
10-01-2011, 03:29 PM
the HRTV live feed today is unusually crappy

Who is that woman with Mig? She is struggling.

Tom
10-01-2011, 03:42 PM
HRTV taking lesson from TVG?
They skip a stake race at Laurel for a stupid interview at Belmont.

Man, this game is a joke.

Tom
10-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Who is that woman with Mig? She is struggling.
Carolyn Connely?

toussaud
10-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Carolyn Connely?
No before the race that was Caton Bradar (I think that's who it sounded like), Carylon was doing the post game interview

cj
10-01-2011, 05:34 PM
No before the race that was Caton Bradar (I think that's who it sounded like), Carylon was doing the post game interview

I'm not sure, not a big deal really. It was the person conversing with Migliore, not the studio host.

toussaud
10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure, not a big deal really. It was the person conversing with Migliore, not the studio host.
It was Carolyn my fault

PhantomOnTour
10-01-2011, 05:37 PM
ESPN Classic is showing the races today