View Full Version : Breaking Bad

FantasticDan
09-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Any fans of the show? This season has been tremendous.. :ThmbUp: :eek: :ThmbUp:

Y7AvqD2loX4

ArlJim78
09-30-2011, 03:12 PM
how far are they into the 4th season?

I had never watched the series before, but had heard good things, so last weekend I started from the begginning watching it one episode after another on netflix. I have about 5 episodes left to go in season 3.

I think there are some major weakspots in the writing, but that aside I really like the show.

GameTheory
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Great show. What are the major weak spots in the writing?

FantasticDan
09-30-2011, 03:15 PM

There's only two eps left in season 4.

My interest wavered a bit here and there in season 3, but season 4 roped me back in big time. It's been compelling.

ArlJim78
09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
the Jesse character is unbelieveable to me. somebody so consistently obnoxious and immature and stupid would not have lasted in that business. i mean Walt gets him a job in the big secret underground lab, and what does Jesse do the moment he is left alone in there? he plays with the lab coats, he slides from one side to the other on a rolling chair. he tells Walt he's going to start without him even though he knows nothing about the equipment or the process. he acts like a 6 year old.

Walts consistent support for Jesse after everything that has happened does not make sense. he should have cut him loose long ago.

the main characters Walt and Jesse do not behave consistently. they're all over the map. sometimes Walt is a badass mastermind, other times he's a bumbling doofuss who cannot even think enough ahead to cover his tracks when he says he's going to visit his mother.

ArlJim78
09-30-2011, 03:38 PM

There's only two eps left in season 4.

My interest wavered a bit here and there in season 3, but season 4 roped me back in big time. It's been compelling.
that's good news because I noticed some dull spots in season three.
good to know that it picks up again in 4.

right now I'm addicted to the show! haha
frankly before watching this show I knew nothing about meth.

GameTheory
09-30-2011, 04:02 PM
the Jesse character is unbelieveable to me. somebody so consistently obnoxious and immature and stupid would not have lasted in that business. i mean Walt gets him a job in the big secret underground lab, and what does Jesse do the moment he is left alone in there? he plays with the lab coats, he slides from one side to the other on a rolling chair. he tells Walt he's going to start without him even though he knows nothing about the equipment or the process. he acts like a 6 year old.

Walts consistent support for Jesse after everything that has happened does not make sense. he should have cut him loose long ago.

the main characters Walt and Jesse do not behave consistently. they're all over the map. sometimes Walt is a badass mastermind, other times he's a bumbling doofuss who cannot even think enough ahead to cover his tracks when he says he's going to visit his mother.I think all those are strong points of the writing, not weak spots. They have contradictions, like real people do.

bigmack
09-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Great show.
You're the one who turned me on to it. :ThmbUp: Great stuff although I agree Sea3 began to get less interesting. Hot poppin' corn, Sea4. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
09-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I think all those are strong points of the writing, not weak spots. They have contradictions, like real people do.
I have no doubt that was the intent, I just don't buy it especially with Jesse who borders on cartoonish.

two of my favorite supporting characters are Saul the lawyer and Hank the brother in law. those actors do a great job with those roles.

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2011, 07:11 PM
This is the one show I've always been meaning to watch, as I keep hearing great things about it...

chickenhead
09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
We started a few weeks ago, now bout 3/4 thru season 1, enjoying it. Glad to hear we have more good episodes ahead.

dav4463
10-01-2011, 01:37 AM
I thought it was the old movie about break dancing.

Actor
10-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Great show. What are the major weak spots in the writing?Given the hero's diagnosis he should have been dead early in the second season.

Rookies
10-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I think there was a writeup in the NY Times recently, that said that this is the first time that the major " Good Guy" protagonist goes south into hell. The producer deliberately decided to change the focus that way.

Love Cranston in it and his goofy sidekick picks up his street game as the stakes get to life and death. I am attracted in part to the idea, but also to all manner of scenery from the Southwest and the crossover to the Mexican drug lords.

Pretty sharp. Not as good as the unrelenting darkness of 'The Wire', but odder.

ArlJim78
10-07-2011, 09:35 AM
okay i've now watched all episodes, and I'm ready for the season4 finale.
You guys were right about season 4, it has been a good one.

FantasticDan
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Yowza! :eek: That was a good finale.. :ThmbUp:

Guess I won't say much else in case of spoilage.

ArlJim78
10-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I agree Dan, a very satisfying finale.:ThmbUp:
I don't think I'm giving much away if I say that I loved the final line "I Won".

did they borrow that from Obama?:lol:

bigmack
10-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Some impressive CG (computer generated) work on Gus. :eek:

No longer will we have to hear, "ding."

Vámonos! :lol:

Robert Goren
10-10-2011, 11:11 PM
I have been wondering for weeks what they were going to do with the bell ringer. It will be interesting to see what kind of new story line they come with for next summer.

Rookies
10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Some impressive CG (computer generated) work on Gus. :eek:

No longer will we have to hear, "ding."

Vámonos! :lol:

Thought the same. Nice touch straightening his tie! :lol:

Liked the "dingster", especially when his eyes bulged with hateful revenge!

You know there has to be an Apocalyptic showdown with the B-I-L next season, right ?;)

bigmack
10-10-2011, 11:50 PM
Liked the "dingster", especially when his eyes bulged with hateful revenge!
"Dingy", as you may well know is Mark Margolis. As he rode in ScahFace!

A mere 72 he plays the role well. Clearly lucid the 'retro' shows him not horribly aged from his 'Alberto The Shadow' days.

http://scarfacewikipedia.weebly.com/uploads/3/2/1/8/3218355/3526547_orig.jpg

Dig if you will my theory about the intentional inclusion of all things SF in the show. Much of the story line, Steven Bauer...

http://www.wiki-cine.com/photos/1849/22359.jpg

PhantomOnTour
07-03-2012, 03:31 PM
New season starts July 15.
For those who wanna catch up, AMC is running the entire series late night (3-4 shows a night)

Walt had better get rid of that plant in his yard :D

My favorite character is Saul Goodman...he takes care of everything.
After all, it's his name...it's all good man.

ArlJim78
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
I can't wait, been watching the old episodes, and 7-15 is marked on my calendar.

and I agree about the Saul Goodman character, a favorite of mine too.
Gus and "dingy" were also good characters but they're gone now so I hope they bring in some new characters on the dark side.

GameTheory
07-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Since DISH dumped AMC, I'll have to buy it from Amazon this year, although I suspect they'll figure out a way to add the channel back. These fights between sat/cable companies and channel providers are annoying...

bigmack
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
How did S4 go again?

Oh yeah..

BZ47bNbjRV4

FantasticDan
07-03-2012, 06:08 PM
New season starts July 15.Thanks for the reminder. :ThmbUp:

This is the 5th and final season. For the last few years, there have been 13 episodes per season. There are 16 for this final season, but AMC is breaking it up into 8 episode chunks. We'll have to wait until Summer 2013 for the final 8 eps.. :ThmbDown:

hCCL2QY6M8k

bigmack
07-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Is it just me or is Season 5 off to a most uninteresting start? :sleeping:

The production seems to have taken a completely different look than S1-4.

FantasticDan
07-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I thought last Sunday's ep was excellent.. Mike rules! :ThmbUp:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/2558/510692-breaking_bad_season_4_character_portraits_8.jpeg

ArlJim78
07-25-2012, 10:55 PM
I thought the first episode was very good, the second one maybe a bit of a drag but that opening scene in Germany was a trip.
I think it's necessary that they fill in some background and set things up for later on.

fans of BB will appreciate this, I'm in mexico this week, yesterday we drove past a town called Salamanca. nobody I was with new anything about BB, nor did they know what I was talking about when I jokingly asked if we could stop off and see where Tuco and Hector lived.

PhantomOnTour
07-25-2012, 11:52 PM
In a debate with a few friends over the identity of Mike's "visitor" at the diner (and the one who put the contract on him)...

I say she's Gus' wife while they say she works for the German company.
I'm right, right?

bigmack
07-26-2012, 12:03 AM
How tough would it be to make Walter as a player with DEA having Mikes phone records? Not to mention the 2 mil.

I say Miguel made a huge mistake by not pluggin' her when he had the chance. I reckon he needs product to initiate the new deal now that he's tapped.

PhantomOnTour
07-26-2012, 12:10 AM
How tough would it be to make Walter as a player with DEA having Mikes phone records? Not to mention the 2 mil.

I say Miguel made a huge mistake by not pluggin' her when he had the chance. I reckon he needs product to initiate the new deal now that he's tapped.
She is Gus' wife right?

Hank is a bad ass DEA agent and it's only a matter of time before he figures it all out...duh....but when is he gonna actually put 2-n-2 together?
>Walter crashes the car on purpose when they go to check out the laundry
>Walt got all that money gambling? C'mon...
>Walt is a chemist....hmmm...
>Walt's personality is changing rapidly
>the above mentioned phone records...using a bat phone?

ScullyDog
07-28-2012, 05:35 PM
In a debate with a few friends over the identity of Mike's "visitor" at the diner (and the one who put the contract on him)...

I say she's Gus' wife while they say she works for the German company.
I'm right, right?

I thought it was pretty heavily implied that Gus was gay in that flashback episode when his partner got shot by the pool. I don't think she was his wife. I'm usually the last person to figure out plot twists though, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

PhantomOnTour
07-28-2012, 05:38 PM
I thought it was pretty heavily implied that Gus was gay in that flashback episode when his partner got shot by the pool. I don't think she was his wife. I'm usually the last person to figure out plot twists though, so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
He may have been gay, but it doesn't mean he wasn't married. When dealing with the cartels (esp at the time of their original meeting with Don Eladio) it may not have been a good idea for them to know he was gay.

Who knows??

ScullyDog
07-29-2012, 11:41 AM
He may have been gay, but it doesn't mean he wasn't married. When dealing with the cartels (esp at the time of their original meeting with Don Eladio) it may not have been a good idea for them to know he was gay.

Who knows??

Fair enough. Either way, she's going to be a problem.

ArlJim78
07-29-2012, 12:30 PM
he's going to regret not plugging her when he had the chance.

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2012, 12:09 AM
She is Gus' wife right?
Wrong...i thought she was, but she works for the German company.

Robert Fischer
08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
up to episode 5 now, and all I can say is "wow":eek:

FantasticDan
08-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Hey Walter..

YOU SUCK

PhantomOnTour
08-27-2012, 12:34 AM
The way the episode was going it was leading up to something like that

WOW

PhantomOnTour
08-14-2013, 12:54 AM
Anyone watch last night?

Most intriguing thing for me is Walter, looking haggard showing up at his run down and condemned house, retrieving the ricin from the light socket.
Who's it for?
My guess is Hank or himself...or Jesse (he knows Walt killed Mike).
Lots of unanswered questions, but I sure like the way Walter nutted up on Hank there.

And Jesse is losing it again, and the Euro chick is back, and etc....

I have a gut feeling that Walter starts getting high on his own supply.

cj
08-14-2013, 01:21 AM
Anyone watch last night?

Most intriguing thing for me is Walter, looking haggard showing up at his run down and condemned house, retrieving the ricin from the light socket.
Who's it for?
My guess is Hank or himself...or Jesse (he knows Walt killed Mike).
Lots of unanswered questions, but I sure like the way Walter nutted up on Hank there.

And Jesse is losing it again, and the Euro chick is back, and etc....

I have a gut feeling that Walter starts getting high on his own supply.

I DVR most shows, but not this one. I watch it ASAP.

traynor
08-14-2013, 01:45 AM
For those who might not be movie fans, the most impressive thing about BB is the character transition. The classic was Al Pacino's kid brother Mikey turning into The Godfather. Eastwood tried it a couple of times and didn't manage to pull it off until he played William Munny in The Unforgiven.

One might compare the character of Walter White with Eastwood's Munny, minus the neat transition (for Munny, whiskey). At what point did Walter become Heisenberg? When he got the hat? When he said to Skyler, "I don't know who that was yesterday, but it wasn't me." Specifically, how was the transition from Walter to Heisenberg managed? And always, always, congruous with the character as portrayed currently and previously.

It is a neat show. Great entertainment. On top of that, the acting is some of the very best ever.

IrishRail76
08-14-2013, 01:58 AM
With 5.9 million viewers, over a dozen Emmy nods, seven episodes left and a smokin' script, I want to see how this one ends. Conventional wisdom dictates that Walt will take the fall, but watching it work out will be fun. Thumbs up to AMC for putting it up on the internet, same day, for free, too. I think that some of the "big networks" could learn a few things from AMC.

FantasticDan
08-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Look for plot developments to be coming fast and furious, which the first episode certainly demonstrated. Regarding this season, show creator Vince Gilligan has said there's a LOT of story still to tell, and only 8 episodes left to do it in. Should be wild.. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
08-14-2013, 05:08 PM
they really knocked it out of the park with that last episode. I can't think of a better show on TV, ever. Its just simply brilliant.
that Hank/Walter confrontation in the garage was electric. wow!
these next couple of months will be fun to see this all play out.

Robert Fischer
08-14-2013, 05:14 PM
they really knocked it out of the park with that last episode. I can't think of a better show on TV, ever. Its just simply brilliant.
that Hank/Walter confrontation in the garage was electric. wow!
these next couple of months will be fun to see this all play out.

most entertaining show on tv. :ThmbUp:

Hosshead
08-14-2013, 06:53 PM
One of the best shows ever, ... because all the ingredients it takes to make a show, .. are each examples of "setting the bar high".

From writing to acting to camera angles, it's tops.
And visually the cinematography is great, being shot on 35mm film like a movie.

In fact each episode IS like a movie.

The camera angles including wide angle scenery from New Mexico is spectactular. Even the little scenes like pouring the chemicals into a large vat, shooting from the bottom of the container, are the type of "visuals" that have been part of this show all along.
And when they occasionally put music with these scenes it is extremely effective.
Like when Jesse took heroin and floats above the bed with music in the background.
Arron Paul in an interview said that for that scene they had a reformed heroin addict come in and show them how "everything is done".

By the way, creator Vince Gilligan originally planned to kill off "Jesse" at the end of the first season, but changed his mind. Glad he didn't do it, as Arron Paul (Jesse) just won an Emmy for Best Supporting Actor.

Here is one writers opinion of the visuals:

" Breaking Bad might be the most visually intelligent drama on TV. Series creator Vince Gilligan, cinematographer Michael Slovis, and a rotating lineup of episode directors pack each installment with shots that are both functional and beautiful.
My favorite shot in the whole run of the series, though, occurs in season two, episode eleven, "Mandala." It's the extended take of Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul) trying heroin for the first time. After he shoots up, the camera fixes him in an overhead shot lying on the bed next to his girlfriend Jane (Krysten Ritter), his face opens in helpless joy, and he begins rising up off the bed. Spike Lee and Martin Scorsese are masters of this sort of shot, and they learned the trick from an older master, Vincente Minnelli.

Slovis got this shot by placing Paul on a camera crane platform that was slightly narrower than his torso. When Jesse succumbs to drug-fueled ecstasy, the camera rises slowly up over the bedroom. The smooth, somewhat mechanical "rising" effect lends an appropriately unreal aura to the moment; it's one of the few purely figurative images in a drama that's usually more realistic (or "realistic"). Its specialness is part of the reason I like it so much; it's an exception to the series' aesthetic rules.

Among Breaking Bad's many virtues is its ability to get viewers interested in the practical uses of cinematography — in how filmmakers can use the camera to enhance mood, comment on the story, or add another layer to characters simply by placing the camera in a certain position or moving it to re-frame the scene when something important happens. "

Here is that scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0cifENxm0

After watching a couple of the "roundtable" discussions (the Charlie Rose one was good) with the writers (including Cranston), it was obvious that these (key) people, are relieved (unlike me and millions of viewers) that the show is over.
Their dedication to high quality had put a lot of stress on them for several years and they are glad to let it go.

Cranston has admitted that he will always be know as Walter White and this is " the role of my lifetime".
He also said that they would have writers meeting to figure out how to get Walter out of a situation.
Like when Hank had Walt and Jesse cornered in the RV.
" We wrote so spontaneously without always knowing what was going to happen in the future. "

The way life is.

Longshot6977
08-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Bryan Cranston is really doing a great acting job convincing the viewers he is WW.:cool: I remember him as the father on Macolm in the Middle. What a difference, lol. Hank is too persistent so maybe the ricin is for him.

One of the best lines was when Sklyer asked Walt if he was in any danger. Walt hesitated and said "Am I in danger? I AM THE DANGER"!! :eek: Great. Love this show. Best on TV. Can't wait 'till Sunday. Too bad only 7 more episodes. :( I wonder what's next for Vince Gilligan.

johnhannibalsmith
08-15-2013, 01:11 AM
By the time I finally got around to watching this show, it was the final two episodes of the most recent season. Fortunately, I figured out Amazon streaming and was bored and watch every single episode from start to finish in about a week.

I usually hate television, and don't think this show is quite the perfection that some others do - but it's damn close. Really a great show.

And I think that watching it as quickly as I did without the incremental progress of a series that is watched weekly, I was really able to enjoy the whole "normal clod encounters major threat to his reality and that concealed alternate version of himself surfaces" motif that springs up every time you get a news story with lottsa interviews that include the obligatory interview tagline "he was a normal guy, never would have guessed he was capable..."

Just from that aspect, the almost psychological or behavioral type perspective, and the fact that we root for Walter in his evil exploits and don't really hope that he suffers the consequences for the damage that he has done makes the show just brilliant. The whole concept is fantastic, the implementation damn near it, and the finished product as good as it gets.

hcap
08-22-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.salon.com/2013/08/22/so_what_if_pure_meth_isnt_really_blue_partner/

An interesting article for some scientific background.

Not that it matters much. Just got "hooked" :) :)
Netflix makes it easy.

johnhannibalsmith
08-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Netflix makes it easy.

Never thought I'd be into the streaming video, but yeah, I missed every episode. After reading the opinions of a few here that I trust, I watched the whole thing from episode 1 to the most recent season finale in a couple of weeks. I've grown to love the ability to do that.

Robert Goren
08-22-2013, 10:57 AM
I have watch it from the beginning. It has gotten better over time. It is basically a character study. Walter White has a lot of King MacBeth in him.

hcap
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Last time I rooted for cold blooded gangster(s) with sympathetic "human faces" was Godfather I and II.

No doubt the writing, direction and acting deserve all the accolades. Two episodes left. When do the final episodes get done and broadcast?

johnhannibalsmith
08-22-2013, 03:34 PM
...When do the final episodes get done and broadcast?

If you mean the last season, it is currently underway. Episode two of the final season broadcast this past Sunday - so episode 3 is this upcoming Sunday. I believe I read somewhere that Episode 1 was on the network website, but if you have AMC, it may be worth checking the weekly schedule to see if they are replaying the first two since it is practically the main reason to have the station.

ArlJim78
08-22-2013, 08:07 PM
the two most recent episodes are available on OnDemand.

I recently binge-watched the entire series again on Netflix. from my perspective the show has gotten better with each passing season, with the final season 5 being the best of all.

Longshot6977
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Last nite was great with Walt's 'confession'. The writer's did a wonderful job turning the situation around. Do you think Walt will get home just in time to stop Jesse from doing what he was just about to do? :cool:

PhantomOnTour
09-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Stage is all set now - the killing will commence soon.

That was surely Todd on the other end of the line with Walter...time to put Uncle Neo-Nazi Bad Ass to work.
He may have more than one target if Hank and wife don't watch their ass.

And how 'bout Skyler coming around and advocating some killing?
I knew she would be on board sooner or later :D

Robert Fischer
09-02-2013, 12:22 PM
I liked the writer's sense of humor with the park scene and the 'hitman'.

Longshot6977
09-02-2013, 12:59 PM
I liked the writer's sense of humor with the park scene and the 'hitman'.

Yes, for sure. I thought the 'hitman' may have been there for another reason as soon as they panned out and showed Jessie standing alone far away in the middle of the park. The writers are doing a great job.

And Skyler saw right thru Walt's lie about the gas pump hose thing. She really wants to protect her money/family now and Walt may have to 'get her subtle request' done to keep her satisfied and realizes it may just be the right thing to do at this stage since Jessie is a loose cannon. Can't wait until next week . Just four more episodes left.

Rookies
09-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Sticking with my original Post 14 and am watching through to the end. Not as many twists and turns as prior episodes displayed, but still very interesting watching Walt descend into hell and need to go down more and more hellish roads to make it work.

Longshot6977
09-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Did anyone see tonite's episode? The last 5 minutes were especially amazing. Hank used a few clever methods to flush out Walt and scare Saul's bodyguard into talking. Walt even flushed out Jessie via his ex-girlfriend. They couldn't even show next week's preview without giving away what happens in the last 5 minutes. Can't wait until next Sunday.:) :ThmbUp:

Quagmire
09-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Excellent episode but I bet their are a lot of people that DVR'd it that don't need to know what happened. :confused:

ArlJim78
09-08-2013, 10:21 PM
OMG. If you haven't seen it yet have your heart medication handy for the last five minutes.

Longshot6977
09-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Excellent episode but I bet their are a lot of people that DVR'd it that don't need to know what happened. :confused:

Quite true, but when do we know it's ok to discuss it? I don't think I gave away too much and they shouldn't be on this thread until they watch it.:)

PhantomOnTour
09-09-2013, 09:44 AM
If you haven't seen the episode yet and you click on a thread titled Breaking Bad, you only have yourself to blame if you get some info that will spoil the show for you.

Exciting episode, but it looked like a renewal of The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight...geez, at least 500 rounds and no one gets hit?
My guess is this:
Gomez is a goner - Hank gets hurt and it's Walter who saves his life - Todd and the Nazis kidnap Jesse and make him cook the blue - Walter saves Jesse and kills Todd & the Nazis with the ricin and that bad ass gun he retrieves from his house....end of show.
Oh yeah, Walter also kills that witch Lydia.

ArlJim78
09-09-2013, 01:40 PM
If you haven't seen the episode yet and you click on a thread titled Breaking Bad, you only have yourself to blame if you get some info that will spoil the show for you.

Exciting episode, but it looked like a renewal of The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight...geez, at least 500 rounds and no one gets hit?
My guess is this:
Gomez is a goner - Hank gets hurt and it's Walter who saves his life - Todd and the Nazis kidnap Jesse and make him cook the blue - Walter saves Jesse and kills Todd & the Nazis with the ricin and that bad ass gun he retrieves from his house....end of show.
I agree with most everything you said. Uncle Jack's team had previously worked with deadly precision and this time they can't hit two slow moving guys in the open with all those rounds from close range? come on.

the only place I disagree is with Hank, I think he is also a goner based on that final phone call to the wife. sounded like a farewell call and he has to pay for being greedy in his pursuit of Walt. he violated all normal procedures and will pay the price along with his loyal sidekick Gomie unfortunately.

I always thought the flash forwards of Walt heading back into town with the ricin and M60 was him rescuing Jesse from Todd and the Nazis, and that he would take them all down, Todd, Lydia, Uncle Jack and his crew, and will die in the process having saved Jesse.

However at this point nothing would surprise me. Whatever they do its a great show.

johnhannibalsmith
09-09-2013, 01:47 PM
...I always thought the flash forwards of Walt heading back into town with the ricin and M60 ...

Whenever I read or hear speculation, this scene from the opener always pops in my head and then I struggle to make the other theories work well.

The part that gets me is the look of pure shock on the neighbors face, drops the groceries when she sees Walter and he deadpans a hello to her --- it almost reeks of speaking from beyond the grave and her reaction as one to having seen a dead man walking...

...makes me wonder if Saul and his vacuum repairman buddy that can create all sorts of documents for someone to disappear don't fake Walter's death from cancer to spare his son or something wacky like that.

ArlJim78
09-14-2013, 08:35 AM
awesome trailer for tomorrows episode called Ozymandias.

T3dpghfRBHE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dpghfRBHE

Rookies
09-14-2013, 10:05 AM
If you haven't seen the episode yet and you click on a thread titled Breaking

Exciting episode, but it looked like a renewal of [I]The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight...geez, at least 500 rounds and no one gets hit?
My guess is this:

Pretty good forecasting and I've seen Clint, the Duke, Bronson, etc., bring down dozens of bad guys from that range. :lol:

BTW, love the scenery of the S.W.

Longshot6977
09-15-2013, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=ArlJim78]awesome trailer for tomorrows episode called Ozymandias./QUOTE]

I've watched every exciting episode of this show, but that trailer is hardly anything anyone would call 'awesome'.

Robert Goren
09-15-2013, 09:25 AM
I agree with most everything you said. Uncle Jack's team had previously worked with deadly precision and this time they can't hit two slow moving guys in the open with all those rounds from close range? come on.

the only place I disagree is with Hank, I think he is also a goner based on that final phone call to the wife. sounded like a farewell call and he has to pay for being greedy in his pursuit of Walt. he violated all normal procedures and will pay the price along with his loyal sidekick Gomie unfortunately.

I always thought the flash forwards of Walt heading back into town with the ricin and M60 was him rescuing Jesse from Todd and the Nazis, and that he would take them all down, Todd, Lydia, Uncle Jack and his crew, and will die in the process having saved Jesse.

However at this point nothing would surprise me. Whatever they do its a great show.Everyone dies except Walter jr who takes over the family business.

FantasticDan
09-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Saul gets a spinoff:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/sep/12/better-call-saul-spinoff-breaking-bad

:ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
09-15-2013, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=ArlJim78]awesome trailer for tomorrows episode called Ozymandias./QUOTE]

I've watched every exciting episode of this show, but that trailer is hardly anything anyone would call 'awesome'.
Really, so what would you call it?
FYI that ad has received nothing but positive reviews. "haunting", "brilliant", "chilling", "beautiful", "poetic", etc.

Longshot6977
09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Longshot6977]
Really, so what would you call it?
FYI that ad has received nothing but positive reviews. "haunting", "brilliant", "chilling", "beautiful", "poetic", etc.

I would call it boring. There I said it and i'm stickin' to it. Every episode is great, except that trailer. It's my opinion, so deal with it. Looking forward to another great episode tonite:).

Longshot6977
09-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Wow, how good was tonite's episode?! Fantastic, so much happened. It's too bad it's winding down in two more episodes.

FantasticDan
09-15-2013, 10:09 PM
Very boring episode. :ThmbDown:

;)

Longshot6977
09-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Very boring episode. :ThmbDown:

;)

LOL. Then ya Better Call Saul.:)

IrishRail76
09-16-2013, 02:42 AM
Loved the closing seen, where Walt is sitting in front of "wall of tombstones."

Hank went out smokin' and Jessie is back to cookin'.

In the desert, Walt proved that you don't need to ask for the CARFAX to get a dependable pick-up.

RunForTheRoses
09-22-2013, 08:46 AM
I had bought the DVD for season one after hearing so many raves about it but only wound up watching the first couple of episodes. Then in June I bought a Blu Ray DVD Player with WiFi and signed up for Netflix. Started watching sometime in August and got hooked. Just finished S5E14 last night (had to get this years episodes via bittorrent). I guess the next two Mondays I will be coming into work a little tired as I usually try to go to sleep by 10 on Sundays.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/los-pollos-hermanos-albuquerque

Longshot6977
09-23-2013, 08:34 AM
I had bought the DVD for season one after hearing so many raves about it but only wound up watching the first couple of episodes.

FYI- This Wednesday the 25th, AMC is having a Breaking Bad marathon and will show all 61 episodes thru till the final one next Sunday.

Spoiler alert........Last nite's episode made me feel a little bad for Jessie, they really gave him the treatment. Walt just wants to get caught it seems. And junior, well, it seems all he cares about is Uncle Hank when confronting and yelling at Dad. Doesn't he realize his father makes Meth and has killed many people other than Uncle Hank. Skyler seems to be holding up fairly well. I wonder if Walt ever gets that money to them. And the DEA agents did a lousy job of watching her house since Todd and Uncle Jack got in so easily to threaten Skyler.

Two or three episodes ago, they started it with Walt in front of his graffitied house with a neighbor looking on in shock. Now I get it since it was a little prequel to next week's episode where he probably makes it back all the way home next week. He most likely doesn't want to stay Mr Lambert very long.

I wonder how good the new show 'Better Call Saul' will be.

johnhannibalsmith
09-23-2013, 12:28 PM
As I've said in the past, I really don't watch much television or movies for simple entertainment. Not fiction anyway. I like to think that most good stories are told not just for viewership, but because the original concept had something to say, a message, and only the rare egg makes it to our screens intact. Perhaps I get a little too overcritical on this front, but that's what has always attracted me to the show - along with it's above average writing and acting, brilliant cinematograph, and captivating, non-formulaic plot development for the most part.

So... for what it's worth - I've always seen the premise as an almost theological one, something of a cultural and anthropological critique of man. The notion of man's ability to be anything, to go from one extreme to another. The garden of eden with the fruit being wealth and power, and the destructive combination of both on an otherwise decent, common man.

The last several episodes have only reinforced this perspective that I have, with Walter increasingly being clearly defined as "evil", but not an inherent evil, just one that has manifested itself due to the capacity of anyone to become evil.

They really came on strong with demonstrating his ability to willingly and deliberately inflict misery and pain for no other reason than to do it, particularly in the direction of his long-time whipping boy Jessie who had previously only been subjected to insults which had always been the lone way in which Walt's subtle hurtfulness for no gain had been utilized. Now he just crushes lives with words just to do it.

But there's still always that conflict that from scene to scene, he demonstrates his subtle brilliance in altruistic ways even after just moments earlier using that brilliance purely for the defined evil. And then in this most recent episode, with death knocking louder, we got bombarded with almost back-to-back scenes that seem designed to let Walt realize that he's almost completely crossed over: the phone call with his son and the interview where his former lover and business associate declares that the old Walt, the good Walt, is gone for good.

So, I have to agree at this point with a previous post (about Walt's final mission foretold in the season premier), late and obvious as it may have become, that Walt is on a mission to save those that he has directed his most unabashed evil towards. And he is going to sacrifice himself to rid the world of a little bit of true evil to spare the little bit of good left in his life. It appears the final episode, perhaps very appropriately, is almost certain to be the final step of redemption as he very nearly has avoided the final step across the line of no return just before imminent death.

Walt is us. Pick the right Walt.

cj
09-23-2013, 03:49 PM
The execution style murder last night was probably the most brutal I've seen on television, especially considering the victim.

FantasticDan
09-23-2013, 04:16 PM
It appears the final episode, perhaps very appropriately, is almost certain to be the final step of redemption as he very nearly has avoided the final step across the line of no return just before imminent death.Terrific post, but I think Walt "died" at the same time Hank did, and is beyond redemption at this point. Not sure what's we'll see in the finale will be "good" as much as it is revenge. :mad:

PhantomOnTour
09-23-2013, 04:23 PM
The execution style murder last night was probably the most brutal I've seen on television, especially considering the victim.
The actor that plays Todd is fantastic in that role.
Loved the scene when he had a talk with Skyler.

johnhannibalsmith
09-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Terrific post, but I think Walt "died" at the same time Hank did, and is beyond redemption at this point. ...

:)

I sort of hope so. I think it's a better story that way. I hope that the realization, the self-awareness does happen and that he honors his kid's wish by dying not out of mere revenge in a blaze of glory, but in trying to make amends for the damage he caused and continues to, but ultimately fails to do much more than parlay that self-awareness into the effort to "kill" the new Walt and resurrect the "old" Walt for one last breath, even if for only his own benefit.

ArlJim78
09-23-2013, 06:11 PM
time and again it's Walt's runaway ego that trips him up and leads to his undoing. With Walt it's hubris that got to him.

The original generous offer from the Gray Matters people when he was down and out - he declines because he believes he was slighted by them and doesn't want their pity.

When Hank is jovial after getting Gale whom he believes to be the genius Heisenberg - Walt should have said nothing but instead his pride made him say "you know Hank that may not have been Heisenberg, you should keep looking"

Once he had earned all the money he had originally intended to make in order to provide security for his family - he keeps on going because he claims to be in the "empire business".

etc, etc.

With Todd on the other hand it's clearly more a case of a pure sociopath.

The showed played out like a novel over the past 6 years, and I think it sets a new benchmark for TV dramas.

johnhannibalsmith
09-23-2013, 06:28 PM
...The showed played out like a novel over the past 6 years, and I think it sets a new benchmark for TV dramas.

I told someone the other day that to the best of my memory, this was the first and only show that by the second episode of what was to become the final season I hadn't completely given up the show and begged for its merciful end it had gone so far off the rails. When I watched it originally in rapid fire succession on streaming video this past spring, there was always a point in every season where I thought "aha, this is where it is going to get stupid and become typical television bullshit purely for the sake of getting another run out of the dead horse."

I was wrong. It's safe to say that for me, this is as good as it gets. And I surely hope this type of storytelling becomes less the outlier and more the standard. Thank God cable television has gotten good at making serials now that networks have all but completely destroyed the format.

ArlJim78
09-23-2013, 07:54 PM
...there was always a point in every season where I thought "aha, this is where it is going to get stupid and become typical television bullshit purely for the sake of getting another run out of the dead horse."

I know exactly what you mean. Watching other shows in rapid serial succession, I usually can spot the point at which they run off the rails, never to recover.
Thankfully Breaking Bad has went a different way, maintaining high quality, following the story to it's logical conclusion, resisting the temptation to milk it for extra seasons. By so doing they are going to go out on top, with the final season their best one. It's close to perfection, creatively, technically, and in terms of planning and execution.

RunForTheRoses
09-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Any predictions on the final episode? Here's one, the Ricin is for Lydia. It is unlikely that Uncle Jack and them could be dealt with face to face but Lydia...this also goes to what was posted earlier about arrogance, Mike wanted Lydia dead but Walt said no. Perhaps Lydia gets to Walt's wife via the boys and offs her?

Seeing his ols partners on Charlie Rose really brought Heisenberg back from the dead and like it was said now Walt is fully dead, look out final episode.

ArlJim78
09-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't have any predictions about the ending, it could go any number of ways and still be good.

Speaking of watching his old partners on Charlie Rose, that scene, and the perfectly timed, extended use of the distinctive Breaking Bad theme, gave me chills. I think it was a great finish. I don't think they're ever used the opening theme in any other episode. To me it seemed to convey a sense of finality and a foreboding about what will happen next.

Here is the final scene. the twangy theme starts to kick in at about 1:30 just as Walts anger builds based on what he's hearing on TV.

rMlNl0fKwxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMlNl0fKwxQ

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2013, 09:41 AM
[QUOTE=ArlJim78]I don't have any predictions about the ending, it could go any number of ways and still be good.

Speaking of watching his old partners on Charlie Rose, that scene, and the perfectly timed, extended use of the distinctive Breaking Bad theme, gave me chills. I think it was a great finish. I don't think they're ever used the opening theme in any other episode. To me it seemed to convey a sense of finality and a foreboding about what will happen next.

Here is the final scene. the twangy theme starts to kick in at about 1:30 just as Walts anger builds based on what he's hearing on TV.

That's a great scene for plot continuity, that is, you could argue OK I can see him cooking up some Meth on the side because he has cancer and he is a low paid teacher working PT at a car wash, but becoming Heisenberg, the Empire Builder is something far beyond that and this provides some motivation.

I like to guess what happens next. He had the ~$100K which Jr. doesn't want, when he decides not to give up he bribes the Bartender who hides him (and later provides him with car,etc) and provides an alibi "That was just some nut, it was no WW".

The show really changed over time becoming something else. At first, to me, it was just some quirky show with some middle aged dude running around in his drawers. The characters metamorphed as well. Hank in the beginning seemed kinda unlikeable but by the end he was shown to be a great guy with his spirit knocked to shreds.

The theme of breaking bad also resounds with other characters. Even Sweet Marie has a klepto side. Lydia may have broken baddest, loved her ordering the Chamomile Tea with Soy Milk and more Stevia, LOL she must of had a nice upbringing, quite the yuppie, who is just a ruthless Meth wholesaler.

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2013, 09:56 AM
http://nypost.com/2013/09/23/breaking-bad-the-face-of-evil/

FantasticDan
09-24-2013, 11:23 AM
The entire BB cast was on Conan O'Brien last nite.. good stuff.

N3NDZL1RYKw

I guess the full ep isn't available yet, but clips at:

http://teamcoco.com/

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2013, 11:43 AM
The entire BB cast was on Conan O'Brien last nite.. good stuff.

N3NDZL1RYKw

I guess the full ep isn't available yet, but clips at:

http://teamcoco.com/

Have to check back, I did find a clip of them throwing meth to the crowd, good to see Hank and Mike alive again, did not see Gus though.

FantasticDan
09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Full Conan ep now up:

http://teamcoco.com/video/full-episode-mon-9-23-the-cast-of-breaking-bad-and-musical-guests-los-cuates-de-sinaloa

Rookies
09-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Any predictions on the final episode? Here's one, the Ricin is for Lydia. It is unlikely that Uncle Jack and them could be dealt with face to face but Lydia...this also goes to what was posted earlier about arrogance, Mike wanted Lydia dead but Walt said no. Perhaps Lydia gets to Walt's wife via the boys and offs her?

Pretty good. :ThmbUp: I agree, the Ricin for Lydia is logical.

ALL the Nazis get wiped out by Walt, although it's a bit far fetched having sick Walt get it together to get away from a National manhunt on foot, in the snow/cold of a N.H. winter and get back to N.M. :lol:

But...

Who lives?

Mom & Kids, who are advised where the bulk of the cabbage is, before Hank, bites the bullet, while saving Jesse, who also lives.

Marie? Hank's wife? She has to go down, too to preserve the chain of criminality.

ArlJim78
09-24-2013, 08:51 PM
wow the Conan show really knocked it out of the park. Great show, too funny.

PhantomOnTour
09-24-2013, 09:34 PM
I think the big gun is for Todd and the Nazis and the ricin is for Walter himself....unless he's really devious and taints a batch of meth with it.
Jesse gets away by re-enacting Walter's red phosphorous explosion (from Episode 1) in Todd's face.
Money is buried somewhere "Shawshank Redemption style" and clues are sent to his family for them to find it.
Last scene is Jesse at the mall in Nebraska, and he stops to buy a cinnabun...

johnhannibalsmith
09-25-2013, 01:15 AM

Last scene is...

Okay, this is a fun game.

Last scene is Flynn/Walter Jr. lying to his mother in order to do something selfish and possibly destructive.

RunForTheRoses
09-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Really they can go many ways with the final storyline, it is fun to think of scenarios though. Now I am thinking the Ricin *may* be for Jesse, that is Walter sees him as doomed, he doesn't have the firepower to take out Uncle Jack's gang, and just wants to put Jesse out of his misery. Or the Ricin is or the Schwartzes. But we'll see...
I'm going to miss not seeing more episodes.

ArlJim78
09-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Walt's going to need some muscle, maybe he forms a new crew with Huell, Skinny Pete and Badger?:D

RunForTheRoses
09-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Walt's going to need some muscle, maybe he forms a new crew with Huell, Skinny Pete and Badger?:D

LOL, if you can get them from talking about Babylon 5 you may have something.

Rookies
09-29-2013, 09:01 PM
BRING IT ON!;)

Rookies
09-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Any predictions on the final episode? Here's one, the Ricin is for Lydia. It is unlikely that Uncle Jack and them could be dealt with face to face but Lydia...

Pretty good. :ThmbUp: I agree, the Ricin for Lydia is logical.

Bingo! One prediction down...:ThmbUp:

Rookies
09-29-2013, 10:08 PM
ALL the Nazis get wiped out by Walt

2 Down;)

Rookies
09-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Mom & Kids, who are advised where the bulk of the cabbage is, before Walt, bites the bullet, while saving Jesse, who also lives.

Touch em all- sorta!:)

FantasticDan
09-29-2013, 11:34 PM
A very tight and satisfying finale. :ThmbUp:

Longshot6977
09-30-2013, 08:22 AM
Nice ending. At least the screen didn't go black like Sopranos.

RunForTheRoses
09-30-2013, 09:42 AM
Good enough final episode, some humor (Skinny Pete and the other guy expressing some moral qualms about what they did then being easily assuaged by a mad stack, Walt telling Lydia he put the Ricin in that Stevia shit), some revenge violence, and some closure in that his kids will get some cash, Jesse gets free and Walt dies where he belongs.

johnhannibalsmith
09-30-2013, 10:39 AM
I kept expecting Walt to yell...

"Okay! You wanna play rough? Okay!"

FantasticDan
09-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Walt really benefited from some top-notch police work :D - no cop checks out the car he's hiding in at the bar (how many cars could there be? Two?), and then he's able to drive from NH to NM in a stolen car with a national APB out for him.. :rolleyes:

TJDave
09-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Now what?

RunForTheRoses
09-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Walt really benefited from some top-notch police work :D - no cop checks out the car he's hiding in at the bar (how many cars could there be? Two?), and then he's able to drive from NH to NM in a stolen car with a national APB out for him.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, you do have to suspend reality for a while not just with this shows but others, e.g. was watching Sons of Anarchy and they totally play a trick on a cop in a neighborong town but nothing happened, in real life...

RunForTheRoses
09-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Now what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppkrb0VhN9A

ArlJim78
09-30-2013, 03:56 PM
7E-s8srPxW4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-s8srPxW4

Rookies
10-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Hell on Wheels finale tonight @ 9.

Watched almost every episode. Like the fact that they mixed real, historical figures (like Grant) and events ( payola and corruption) in the mix of this post Civil War building of the rails.

And the fact that the central protagonist, a Southern war vet, is mixed closely with a Freeman and ex slave.

hcap
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
I wonder where Walt got the auto-oscillating machine gun plans. Is there a web site for master criminals who also happen yo be evil geniuses with a twisted heart? :)

RunForTheRoses
11-18-2013, 09:02 PM
Alternate Ending a la Newhart:

http://mashable.com/2013/11/17/breaking-bad-alternate-ending/

Valuist
01-09-2014, 02:33 PM
I can't believe I didn't start watching it until two months ago (via DVD). This show was as good as the Sopranos, IMO.

Anything worthwhile out there now? Seems like a lot of garbage. I heard a recommendation on Archer. Anybody watch that? I think its on FX or FXX.

PhantomOnTour
01-09-2014, 02:36 PM
I can't believe I didn't start watching it until two months ago (via DVD). This show was as good as the Sopranos, IMO.

Anything worthwhile out there now? Seems like a lot of garbage. I heard a recommendation on Archer. Anybody watch that? I think its on FX or FXX.
The 2nd season of The Americans is supposed to start this month on FX.
I liked the 1st season. There is a thread on this site about the show.
Basically, it's about Soviet spies living as an American family (kids and all) during the 80's.

EDIT: won't debut season 2 until Feb 26th

Valuist
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
The 2nd season of The Americans is supposed to start this month on FX.
I liked the 1st season. There is a thread on this site about the show.
Basically, it's about Soviet spies living as an American family (kids and all) during the 80's.

EDIT: won't debut season 2 until Feb 26th

I've seen an episode or two of The Americans. It was ok; wife wasn't crazy about it so I pretty much forgot about it.

On FXX I prefer The League and Always Sunny in Philly.

RunForTheRoses
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Game of Thrones, although ponderous at times was quite good, at times amazingly good. I've watched the first three episodes of Sons of Anarchy and it is not BB level but pretty good.

incoming
01-09-2014, 06:54 PM

I would recommend "Dexter," 98 episodes on Netflix. Serial killer working for Miami homicide as a forensic tech. I liked it better than "Breaking Bad."

thaskalos
01-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I would recommend "Dexter," 98 episodes on Netflix. Serial killer working for Miami homicide as a forensic tech. I liked it better than "Breaking Bad."

Awesome show! :ThmbUp:

Took me forever to start watching it...but I got addicted to it once I started.

PaceAdvantage
01-10-2014, 02:06 AM
Dexter is always on my list, but I haven't gotten to it yet for some reason.

Finished Breaking Bad from start to finish in a couple of months...awesome show.

Just started on Homeland...two episodes in, and it is starting to grow on me a bit...we'll see if I stick this one out...

Oh, and I watched all of the first season of Orange is the new Black...if the lesbian "Oz" is your thing, you might want to check it out... :lol:

thaskalos
01-10-2014, 02:48 AM
Dexter is always on my list, but I haven't gotten to it yet for some reason.

Finished Breaking Bad from start to finish in a couple of months...awesome show.

Just started on Homeland...two episodes in, and it is starting to grow on me a bit...we'll see if I stick this one out...

Oh, and I watched all of the first season of Orange is the new Black...if the lesbian "Oz" is your thing, you might want to check it out... :lol:

Leave Dexter for a time when you don't have much else to do...because once you start watching it, it will take up all your spare time. It is almost as addictive as this freaking website of yours...which I have sworn to abandon a hundred times...

Valuist
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM

I've seen some of the Dexters because my wife liked it. Probably 5 episodes. Maybe I didn't see enough to really judge it, but IMO it wasn't close to the league Breaking Bad was in.

incoming
01-10-2014, 11:12 AM
I've seen some of the Dexters because my wife liked it. Probably 5 episodes. Maybe I didn't see enough to really judge it, but IMO it wasn't close to the league Breaking Bad was in.

Lots of adrenalin rushes in BB but for me it was very poorly written. I have not seen 2013 episodes. The story line in Dexter is a lot tighter with a well thought out look into the mind of a psychopath.

johnhannibalsmith
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM

I watched this show on the advice given right here. I felt the same way after a couple of episodes. Stick it out. I don't think it quite rates up there as superior television for a few reasons that I can't quite put my finger on, but it is definitely worth watching for sheer entertainment. Actually ordered the second season streaming as soon as it was available after watching season one.

cj
01-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Leave Dexter for a time when you don't have much else to do...because once you start watching it, it will take up all your spare time. It is almost as addictive as this freaking website of yours...which I have sworn to abandon a hundred times...

I loved Dexter, but I think it went on a season, and probably two, too long.

ManU918
01-14-2014, 05:21 PM
I loved Dexter, but I think it went on a season, and probably two, too long.

IMO Dexter's best season was the first and it just continued to go downhill season after season. They should have never killed off Doakes.

ArlJim78
02-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Lots of adrenalin rushes in BB but for me it was very poorly written. I have not seen 2013 episodes. The story line in Dexter is a lot tighter with a well thought out look into the mind of a psychopath.
Interesting though that Breaking Bad won it's third consecutive Writers Guild award for Best TV Drama last night. During that same period Dexter was not even nominated once.

magwell
04-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Just finished BB it was off the charts......:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

incoming
04-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Interesting though that Breaking Bad won it's third consecutive Writers Guild award for Best TV Drama last night. During that same period Dexter was not even nominated once.

Now, what does that say about my taste? ;)

hcap
07-01-2014, 11:24 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/better-call-saul-walter-white_n_5543931.html

Better Call Saul' Wants Walter White Back

"Better Call Saul" executive producer Peter Gould has revealed that the show will feature scenes moving back and forth through time, allowing for the return of some of our favorite "Breaking Bad" characters, including Walter White, according to the New York Daily News.

“One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before ‘Breaking Bad,’ during ‘Breaking Bad,’ and after ‘Breaking Bad.' That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on ‘Breaking Bad,’” Gould told The News.

Robert Fischer
07-02-2014, 07:27 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/30/better-call-saul-walter-white_n_5543931.html

Better Call Saul' Wants Walter White Back

"Better Call Saul" executive producer Peter Gould has revealed that the show will feature scenes moving back and forth through time, allowing for the return of some of our favorite "Breaking Bad" characters, including Walter White, according to the New York Daily News.

“One of the great things about having a time line which is flexible is that perhaps some of it takes place before ‘Breaking Bad,’ during ‘Breaking Bad,’ and after ‘Breaking Bad.' That gives us the ability to bring back characters that were killed on ‘Breaking Bad,’” Gould told The News.

Sounds neat.

Valuist
07-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Odenkirk kept himself busy since Breaking Bad. One of the few characters in Fargo who wasn't killed.

Anyone watching "Tyrant"?

hcap
07-15-2014, 11:07 AM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/07/14/better_call_saul_everything_we_know_so_far.html

The Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul will be set six years before Saul and Walter White meet, circa 2002. According to official word from AMC, the prequel will pick up when Saul was known as Jimmy McGill, “a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny.” Mike will be there as his “fixer.” Though it’s been described previously as a comedy, a release says “the series’ tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humor.” So, pretty much like Breaking Bad. “It’s a leap of faith or stupidity into the unknown,” Vince Gilligan told reporters during AMC’s summer press-tour session. Gilligan is serving as executive producer and co-showrunner alongside Peter Gould.

...Giancarlo Esposito might also return as drug kingpin Gus. Or at least they aren’t ruling it out. “There’s so much more to say about that character,” Gould said. But he isn’t interested in doing the series equivalent of a clip show either. Besides, he added, “it always seemed to me Saul didn’t know Gus directly. He knew a guy who knew a guy who knew another guy.”

Valuist
07-15-2014, 12:45 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/07/14/better_call_saul_everything_we_know_so_far.html

The Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul will be set six years before Saul and Walter White meet, circa 2002. According to official word from AMC, the prequel will pick up when Saul was known as Jimmy McGill, “a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny.” Mike will be there as his “fixer.” Though it’s been described previously as a comedy, a release says “the series’ tone is dramatic, woven through with dark humor.” So, pretty much like Breaking Bad. “It’s a leap of faith or stupidity into the unknown,” Vince Gilligan told reporters during AMC’s summer press-tour session. Gilligan is serving as executive producer and co-showrunner alongside Peter Gould.

...Giancarlo Esposito might also return as drug kingpin Gus. Or at least they aren’t ruling it out. “There’s so much more to say about that character,” Gould said. But he isn’t interested in doing the series equivalent of a clip show either. Besides, he added, “it always seemed to me Saul didn’t know Gus directly. He knew a guy who knew a guy who knew another guy.”

Would like to see Gus in it. One of my favorite characters from Breaking Bad.

hcap
07-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Great performance

His exit was indeed memorable

FantasticDan
08-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Cranston and Paul team up again! :p :ThmbUp:

ovqM72em1dA

Valuist
01-19-2017, 04:29 PM
Writers have admitted Gus Fring will be in the cast for season 3 of Better Call Saul.

Anyone watch Shameless? I'm on season 3. Pretty good stuff. Drama and very dark humor.

Longshot6977
01-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Looking forward to April 10!

FantasticDan
01-20-2017, 10:51 AM
As much as I like seeing the old Breaking Bad thread dusted off, remember that Saul has his own thread :ThmbUp:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119603

johnhannibalsmith
01-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Someone please remind us all when the new season returns. I never find out or remember until halfway through the season when these few shows I like go off and come back and then wind up having to order the whole thing.

Valuist
01-20-2017, 12:08 PM
As much as I like seeing the old Breaking Bad thread dusted off, remember that Saul has his own thread :ThmbUp:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119603

Sorry about that. And I put Shameless in as well. Not sure if they have their own thread. They probably should.

RunForTheRoses
09-10-2019, 03:58 PM
El Camino

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/netflix-breaking-bad-movie-supercut-jesse-pinkman-1202172371/

Ocala Mike
09-10-2019, 04:03 PM
"The Deuce" final season kicked off the other night. We're moving into the 80's now - Times Square cleanup about to take place.

FantasticDan
10-13-2019, 02:23 PM
El Camino

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/09/netflix-breaking-bad-movie-supercut-jesse-pinkman-1202172371/

Watched this last nite.. it was excellent. Essentially two extra eps added on to the final season. And I would recommend people re-watch the series finale before the movie, it makes for a good refresher.

fast4522
10-13-2019, 05:54 PM
Several stopped posting in June from this thread.

RunForTheRoses
10-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Watched this last nite.. it was excellent. Essentially two extra eps added on to the final season. And I would recommend people re-watch the series finale before the movie, it makes for a good refresher.

I just finished watching. As expected with Gilligan it was fantastic. As you note. Iwas going to wait until I rewatched all but was on season 2 e5 and said wtf. Will keep rewatching and watch the movie again.

Spoiler

Apparently Walt lives.

RunForTheRoses
10-13-2019, 07:28 PM
RIP

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/10/13/el-camino-a-breaking-bad-movie-aaron-paul-tribute-robert-forster/

Maximillion
10-13-2019, 08:05 PM
RIP

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/10/13/el-camino-a-breaking-bad-movie-aaron-paul-tribute-robert-forster/

Terrific in Jackie Brown...his presence alone turned a good movie into a great one.

RunForTheRoses
10-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Ixnay on the spoiler, was flashback.

Robert Fischer
10-20-2019, 02:24 PM
2/5 as a standalone movie
3.5/5 as a Fan of Breaking Bad

Wasn't necessary. Wasn't particularly satisfying. Didn't have the time, scope, nor the open-endedness to really build suspense or have us fight for the protagonist.

Some of the scenes seemed (purposefully?) out of a video game. Some seemed like generic action movie highlights.

With all of the flashbacks and nonlinear stuff, I was entertained, but I found myself in a passive observing state, at times even when we were back to the future.

Was Fun. Did get some actual "Breaking Bad" material in there. Did get to see a bunch of characters from the BB universe again. It was nice to see Robert Forster (who actually did quality acting) one more time.

Got the job done as a couple of hours of Netflix entertainment.

PhantomOnTour
10-20-2019, 02:29 PM
In the meantime...where the hell is Better Call Saul!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

RunForTheRoses
10-23-2019, 11:22 AM
2/5 as a standalone movie
3.5/5 as a Fan of Breaking Bad

Wasn't necessary. Wasn't particularly satisfying. Didn't have the time, scope, nor the open-endedness to really build suspense or have us fight for the protagonist.

Some of the scenes seemed (purposefully?) out of a video game. Some seemed like generic action movie highlights.

With all of the flashbacks and nonlinear stuff, I was entertained, but I found myself in a passive observing state, at times even when we were back to the future.

Was Fun. Did get some actual "Breaking Bad" material in there. Did get to see a bunch of characters from the BB universe again. It was nice to see Robert Forster (who actually did quality acting) one more time.

Got the job done as a couple of hours of Netflix entertainment.

It may not have been necessary but it was great fun. This scene was worth the price of admission alone:

https://youtu.be/_xYOiIb2GCk

Sharing the night together wo oh

FantasticDan
10-23-2019, 12:11 PM
It may not have been necessary but it was great fun. This scene was worth the price of admission alone:

Sharing the night together wo oh
Amazing scene. :ThmbUp:
Todd was such a sweet, mild-mannered psychopath :D

Valuist
10-29-2019, 12:11 AM
I was watching it, then it just ended. The ending was underwhelming, to say the least.

PhantomOnTour
10-29-2019, 12:17 AM
It was decent, and we got to find out what happened to Jessie, but nothing about Walter or Hank's families.
It was an opportunity to revive Walter and Mike & a few other BrBad characters.

Meh...Todd is awesome as usual. (sharing the night together)

When is Better Call Saul returning?? Anyone know?

TJDave
10-29-2019, 02:54 AM
When is Better Call Saul returning?? Anyone know?

Supposedly, in February. Doesn’t matter really. They lost me when they killed off Chuck. If it happens I’ll still watch but Jimmy and his relationship with his brother & Kim was always more interesting than him becoming Saul.

Burls
10-30-2019, 10:29 PM

the main characters Walt and Jesse do not behave consistently. they're all over the map. sometimes Walt is a badass mastermind, other times he's a bumbling doofuss who cannot even think enough ahead to cover his tracks when he says he's going to visit his mother.
That's all part of it's 'Theater Of The Absurd' charm.