PDA

View Full Version : TVG going HD

toussaud
09-29-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/65262/tvg-partners-with-tracks-on-high-definition

olddaddy
09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
How many track feeds that TVG telecasts are in HD? Thats all I care about , I dont need to see their studio personalities in the studio or on location in HD, just the races.

GatetoWire
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I think this is hilarious. TVG is wonderful at pursuing new things just not so great at actually doing new things.

Notice that no target date for being in HD is listed.

Once again a big announcement about nothing.

Define pursuing?

"We agreed that it's the right time to pursue HD"

Really??? Thanks for the newsflash Einstein.

HD...wow that's cutting edge...for 2007.

I am sure they will have the details worked out by about 2014!!!

JustRalph
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Keeneland has had HD cams for what? Two years?

And TVG is just now jumping on the wagon?

I will believe it when I see it..........oh yeah I don't watch TVG anymore :lol:

Haven't watched for a few years now

BIG49010
09-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Dish will charge extra for the HD, if they bother to put it up!

thespaah
09-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Dish will charge extra for the HD, if they bother to put it up!
WRONG!!!! Dish Network offers free HD for life for auto pay customers.
And you needn't use a credit card number to auto pay. Dish debits me checking account to collect the monthly fee. No charge for this service. I get HD free of charge.

David-LV
09-30-2011, 02:55 AM
So Todd with this big announcement.

What year will TVG broadcast their first race in HD?

Keenland has had HD for two years now and opens next Friday Oct. 7, so will the Keenland races be broadcasted in HD on TVG, and if not what was this big announcement all about anyway, it sounds like just more hot air from TVG.

If you are going to wait for all your tracks to invest in HD equipment then TVG will never have HD.

If TVG starts broadcasting Keenland next week in HD then maybe, just maybe you will start the ball rolling, if you are going to wait for more tracks to go out and buy the equipment without taking the first step now you have no chance for success.

_______
David-LV

redshift1
09-30-2011, 04:03 AM
TVG would need a signal service provider like Cox Communication here in Southern California to provide a slot in Its HD-lineup. There would need to be
additional agreements with the other providers throughout the country.

TVG is occasionally broadcast on 763 in Orange County (HD) but the picture is 480i at best. At least It's a possibility albeit remote at best.

David-LV
09-30-2011, 05:22 AM
TVG would need a signal service provider like Cox Communication here in Southern California to provide a slot in Its HD-lineup. There would need to be
additional agreements with the other providers throughout the country.

TVG is occasionally broadcast on 763 in Orange County (HD) but the picture is 480i at best. At least It's a possibility albeit remote at best.

I think that both Dish And Direct could find HD slots rather quickly if TVG is willing to pay the usual fees.

_________
David-LV

redshift1
09-30-2011, 01:40 PM
I think that both Dish And Direct could find HD slots rather quickly if TVG is willing to pay the usual fees.

_________
David-LV

Doubt if TVG and Partners could foot the bill for a 24hr daily slot, maybe a four hour window that covers live racing.

Lots of loose ends to tie up with the somewhat fractured nature of racing having so many different entities to deal with.