PDA

View Full Version : Howard Dean's Brother

JustRalph
11-27-2003, 12:56 AM
anybody care to share your thoughts on this article?

http://www.drudgereport.com/dean9.htm

Pace Cap'n
11-27-2003, 09:34 AM
As a veteran, I suppose I should be outraged.

As a Marine, all I can say is, "What else is new?".

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2003, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the link.

Howard Dean does not seem to REALLY want to get elected, does he?

First, the flag in the pickup thing, now this.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

highnote
11-29-2003, 12:32 AM
I don't get it. Who is pressuring JPAC to have his remains receive military honors?

The letter seems to suggest Dean himself is pushing for military honors, but it doesn't come out and say so. Just tell the reader who is applying pressure so we can form an opinion. This is not journalism, it's gossip.

Is there are chance he (the deceased brother) was with the CIA or some other covert organization? This article is pretty vague -- uses unnamed sources. Why so vague?

If he was "truly" just a civilian wondering into a war zone for some thrill seeking then I can understand why some veterans would be upset that he got bumped up. What was he doing there in the first place. The story doesn't tell us that, either.

The information from this story does not add up and sounds politically motivated to me. Dean is the front-runner right now. I think we'll see a lot more of this kind of dirt from both sides -- especially as we get closer to the election.

Check out Dean's odds on Betfair.com. Check out Hillary's! She must be planning to announce that she's going to run. Her odds are way too low.

cato
11-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Major newspaparers covered the event and quoted the folks in charge (with the government) as saying that all of the boxes were treated as containing the remains of military personnel because they were still not sure who's remains were in which boxes until they got the remaims in the lab and completely sorted them out.

And candidly, I can't believe that anyone is making a point of this. WHat a ridiculous effort at politicising something that should not be.

Also, for reporting prowess, someone should tell the Drudge report that Dean's brother was kidnapped and killed by the Pahtet Lao (spelling?) not the Viet Cong.

Jeez.

Take care, Cato

highnote
11-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Cato,
This certainly seems like an issue that has little to do with Dean's ability to lead the nation.

Dean is the front-runner for the Dems. He will be under constant attack until the election.

It's not that he shouldn't have to face criticisms or attacks, but at least they should have some substance.

Regards,
John