PDA

View Full Version : Video from ABC Los Angeles Santa Anita John Shear

so.cal.fan
09-29-2011, 11:23 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=8372124

Shows the accident John had at Santa Anita March 12.

cj's dad
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Great story- Thanks !!

DJofSD
09-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks, Diane. God bless you both!

duncan04
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks for sharing the link! Great story!!

BillW
09-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Diane,

How's John been doing? I hope that no news is good news. Pass along my best!

Bill

so.cal.fan
09-29-2011, 07:20 PM
John's doing better everyday. He needs to strengthen his left leg, it takes time and a lot of hard work, John is doing just that!

Thanks to all of you PA board people, the video on ABC Eyewitness News is the highest rated of the day.
Beat out Michael Jackson's doctor's murder trial and a lot of grim local news stories from Los Angeles.
Proves, people like something POSITIVE for a change.
A lot of people wrote us that it was very uplifting to read about John.
I agree! :)

Tom
09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Nice to know that we still have HEROES out there!

Great story, Diane......what a great guy!!!!

LottaKash
09-30-2011, 01:28 AM
I am glad that John Shear got his due...He surely deserved it....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

John Shear is my kind of man, a quick thinking man, one without regard for his own safety,
while showing an instinctive high regard for another human being....

You just can't fake that sort of thing...

Hats off to JS...:jump: :jump: :jump:

best,

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2011, 04:25 AM
The world could certainly use a lot more John Shear types - that's for sure...

Diane, thanks for the link and the update!

so.cal.fan
09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Eyewitness News had another video of a two faced cat, which was getting a huge amounts of views. This is a 12 year old cat....who was scheduled to be euthanized and was saved!
90 year old hero John Shear and a wonderful 12 year old cat, absolute proof that people are drawn to these good stories!
We sure don't need to focus on depravity and misery, a main focus of today's media.

John and I will be out at Santa Anita today, opening day. (His big day is tomorrow).
We'll be looking to recover loses from Del Mar, where so.cal.fan had 14 second place finishes, and many of you guys know I bet to win. :bang:
So, hey, if anyone has a hot tip, I'll be here this morning until about 12:00 pm pdt!

Bruddah
09-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I knew from the retelling of Johns' actions, he was a true hero. The video of his quick actions only justify the use of the word HERO and its' application to John Shear.

You are definitely well deserving my friend.