PDA

View Full Version : More Signs of Desperation...

boxcar
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Can't get much lower than $3. for a night out dinner. I have to think that either the food really stinks or BO (the host) does for that thrift store price. In either case, for my money, I'd rather spend the $3. on a crap shoot. At least, I would get to experience an adrenalin rush moment -- win, lose or draw.

Michelle Obama: 'Just relax' with my husband

MO's email to supporters:

Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:34 PM
To:
Subject: These dinners

XXXX —

Not everyone knows how to prepare for a dinner like this. As someone who's eaten countless meals with my husband, I want to tell you the one thing to do if you're selected to join him...

Just relax. Barack wants this dinner to be fun, and he really loves getting to know supporters like you.

I hope you'll take him up on it before Friday's deadline.

Will you donate $3 or more today and be entered to have dinner with Barack?

These dinners mean a lot to Barack. They're a chance for him to talk with a few of the people who are driving the campaign — and a chance for him to say thank you.

So come prepared to tell your story, and say whatever's on your mind.

Don't miss the opportunity to be there. Donate $3 today, before the September 30th deadline:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner

Thanks,

Michelle

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64646.html

How cold. At least she could have closed with "love and kisses". :rolleyes:

And I bet these el cheapo dinners mean a lot to BO. The only thing that has dried up faster than his voters' support was the floor to the Red Sea when Moses parted it. He needs every dollar he can get.

Boxcar

mostpost
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Can't get much lower than $3. for a night out dinner. I have to think that either the food really stinks or BO (the host) does for that thrift store price. In either case, for my money, I'd rather spend the $3. on a crap shoot. At least, I would get to experience an adrenalin rush moment -- win, lose or draw.

Michelle Obama: 'Just relax' with my husband

MO's email to supporters:

Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:34 PM
To:
Subject: These dinners

XXXX —

Not everyone knows how to prepare for a dinner like this. As someone who's eaten countless meals with my husband, I want to tell you the one thing to do if you're selected to join him...

Just relax. Barack wants this dinner to be fun, and he really loves getting to know supporters like you.

I hope you'll take him up on it before Friday's deadline.

Will you donate $3 or more today and be entered to have dinner with Barack?

These dinners mean a lot to Barack. They're a chance for him to talk with a few of the people who are driving the campaign — and a chance for him to say thank you.

So come prepared to tell your story, and say whatever's on your mind.

Don't miss the opportunity to be there. Donate $3 today, before the September 30th deadline:

https://donate.barackobama.com/Dinner

Thanks,

Michelle

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64646.html

How cold. At least she could have closed with "love and kisses". :rolleyes:

And I bet these el cheapo dinners mean a lot to BO. The only thing that has dried up faster than his voters' support was the floor to the Red Sea when Moses parted it. He needs every dollar he can get.

Boxcar
Are you seriously this dense? It's a lottery. Everyone who contributes $3 is not having dinner with the President. Only the winners of the lottery. I am quite certain the food will be better than anything you've ever eaten and the company will be infinitely better.

bigmack
09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Are you seriously this dense? It's a lottery. Everyone who contributes $3 is not having dinner with the President. Only the winners of the lottery. I am quite certain the food will be better than anything you've ever eaten and the company will be infinitely better.
Mosty on a stretch insinuating those he disagrees with politically haven't experienced quality food.

Only question remaining is how many tickets did HE buy and if he wins will he go into his jag about Wash. Generals/Harlem globetrotters?

Too ethnic?

Tom
09-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
Are you seriously this dense? It's a lottery. Everyone who contributes $3 is not having dinner with the President. Only the losers of the lottery. I am quite certain the food will be better than anything you've ever eaten and the company will be infinitely more boorish.

FTFYA

cj's dad
09-28-2011, 06:21 PM
"I am quite certain the food will be better than anything you've ever eaten and the company will be infinitely better".

Once again, Mostgovernmentsycophant is resigned to insulting posters on this board. He is losing credibility by each and every post. A hopeless fraud in the grand scheme of things.

Post on loser, you hit an all time low with each and every post. :D

LottaKash
09-28-2011, 06:48 PM
I am quite certain the food will be better than anything you've ever eaten and the company will be infinitely better.

I'd rather try for the "Beer in the Backyard Lottery" with Barry and boyz... with some of those yummy jumbo-cheese-boogers with lots of fixin's & fries (biggie-sizeit), that Mrs O loves so much...:jump: ...

We can bond & share,....:jump:

best,

boxcar
09-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I know it's a "lottery". He'll be lucky to get 100 takers. Several of them will come from this very forum: You, FanDan, Hcap, NJ, Light-in-da-Loafers and SugarPlum. That's 6% of the take right there. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

boxcar
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
And FYI, Mosty, BO could not pay me to be in the same room with him, let alone dine with him. I would never want to get that close to the Dark Side. As the Good Book says, "what fellowship has light with darkness"? ;)

Boxcar

Tom
09-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Once again, Mostgovernmentsycophant is resigned to insulting posters on this board. He is losing credibility by each and every post.

You mean he ever had any???? :eek: :lol:

HEY......I was shopping tonight and guess what I found?
UTZ Crab Chips!! Here in NY!

Woo Hoo...live just keeps getting better and better. :p

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2011, 03:09 AM
"I am quite certain the food will be better than anything you've ever eaten and the company will be infinitely better".

Once again, Mostgovernmentsycophant is resigned to insulting posters on this board. He is losing credibility by each and every post. A hopeless fraud in the grand scheme of things.

Post on loser, you hit an all time low with each and every post. :DI'm quite certain mostpost has taken MORE than his fair share of "insults" on this board. Every other time I look I'm reading someone insulting him about his past employment...for starters...talk about a LOW!

Just stating facts...

elysiantraveller
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I personally would enjoy the opportunity to sit down and have a meal with the sitting President. Regardless of politics it would be fun for me...

Most on here are looking for anything they can to bag on the guy...

Tom
09-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't eat with the hired help.

boxcar
09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
I personally would enjoy the opportunity to sit down and have a meal with the sitting President. Regardless of politics it would be fun for me...

Or maybe some of us still believe that character counts for something.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
the guy makes my skin crawl, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him much less have dinner, even if you paid me it would have to be a tidy sum.

andtheyreoff
09-29-2011, 06:16 PM

Post on loser, you hit an all time low with each and every post. :D

So your bash guy for insulting posters, and then insult him three times in the next three sentences?

Gotta love Off-Topic.

newtothegame
09-29-2011, 06:54 PM

You are all wrong....it should be "most on here from the right are looking for anything they can to bag on the guy as well as us on the left would love to sit and have tingly feelings up nd down our legs while we sit in the presence of the great one"...

dartman51
09-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Or maybe some of us still believe that character counts for something.

Boxcar

My Dad always told me "Son, you are judged by the company you keep", so I think I'll keep my distance. Not really into $16 muffins anyway. :ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm quite certain mostpost has taken MORE than his fair share of "insults" on this board. Every other time I look I'm reading someone insulting him about his past employment...for starters...talk about a LOW!

Just stating facts...

I love it when PA levels the playing field. (Reminds me of that game horse!)

At any rate, I just feel it's once again time for me to say I'd love to sit down in the same room with Mostpost sometime. I'm sure the laughs would come early and often! :cool:

Tom
09-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I'd like be in the same room with him for 10 minutes myself.

Greyfox
09-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I'd like be in the same room with him for 10 minutes myself.

I didn't know that you played basketball Tom. ;)

boxcar
09-29-2011, 11:51 PM
All of sudden, this administration is going to try to wax honest? Biden confesses that his boss own the bad economy. Something smells here.

‘We’re in Charge’: Biden Says Bad Economy Belongs to Obama, Not to Bush

Vice President Joe Biden said the troubled U.S. economy belongs to the Obama administration — not the Bush administration — in an interview with a Florida radio station Wednesday.

That his administration “inherited” a struggling economy has been a consistent talking point for President Barack Obama since taking office, but Biden told WLRN “that’s not relevant“ because ”we are are the ones in charge”:

This is a huge admission. (Too bad Obama lacked the courage and character to admit this himself!) I'm beginning to wonder if this kind of confession is prelude to an announcement that BO is going to step down? I have to think he's under intense pressure by the DNC to settle for one term. If BO stays, he not only risks losing the WH for the Party, but the Senate as well due to voter backlash. The last thing the Dems want is another repeat of the historical 2010 elections. And the results of the last two special elections signal that voter sentiment has not changed since 2010.

More at:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/were-in-charge-biden-says-bad-economy-belongs-to-obama-not-to-bush/

Boxcar

boxcar
09-30-2011, 12:12 AM
I just discovered this piece. Maybe Biden's confession is setting this scenario up in hopes of saving the Senate:

Fmr. Clinton Adviser: 'Very Possible' Obama Will Bow Out of Presidential Race - For Now

In an interview with conservative radio icon Sean Hannity, former President Clinton adviser and campaign manager Dick Morris stated that, after speaking with a Democratic strategist, he thinks it is “very possible” that President Obama might acquiesce to requests from the Democratic leadership in Congress and bow out of the 2012 race, leaving the door open for him to return sometime in the future.

“I asked a top Democratic strategist the other day and he thought that it was possible that, in January, Harry Reid comes to Obama and says, ‘Look you cost us control of the House last year, you’re going to cost us control of the Senate this year. For the good of the party you have to step aside’” said Morris.

“And, then, (Obama) pulls a Lyndon Johnson, he says ‘I’m fighting to solve the recession, and problem is because of partisanship and my re-election people reject everything I say because of partisanship, so I’m going to not run for president and focus my full time attention on solving this recession’ and then go out popular,” Morris added

And then when we consider that Reid has stuffed BO's "Jobs Act" under the heap of other Senate business, this tells me he doesn't want the Senate's fingerprints on that bill at all. Maybe this is Reid's way of telling BO that it's time for you to Moveon.org. :D

It's hard to not connect the dots this way.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/grant-m-dahl/fmr-clinton-adviser-very-possible-obama-will-bow-out-presidential-race-now

Boxcar

newtothegame
09-30-2011, 12:40 AM
I just discovered this piece. Maybe Biden's confession is setting this scenario up in hopes of saving the Senate:

Fmr. Clinton Adviser: 'Very Possible' Obama Will Bow Out of Presidential Race - For Now

In an interview with conservative radio icon Sean Hannity, former President Clinton adviser and campaign manager Dick Morris stated that, after speaking with a Democratic strategist, he thinks it is “very possible” that President Obama might acquiesce to requests from the Democratic leadership in Congress and bow out of the 2012 race, leaving the door open for him to return sometime in the future.

“I asked a top Democratic strategist the other day and he thought that it was possible that, in January, Harry Reid comes to Obama and says, ‘Look you cost us control of the House last year, you’re going to cost us control of the Senate this year. For the good of the party you have to step aside’” said Morris.

“And, then, (Obama) pulls a Lyndon Johnson, he says ‘I’m fighting to solve the recession, and problem is because of partisanship and my re-election people reject everything I say because of partisanship, so I’m going to not run for president and focus my full time attention on solving this recession’ and then go out popular,” Morris added

And then when we consider that Reid has stuffed BO's "Jobs Act" under the heap of other Senate business, this tells me he doesn't want the Senate's fingerprints on that bill at all. Maybe this is Reid's way of telling BO that it's time for you to Moveon.org. :D

http://cnsnews.com/blog/grant-m-dahl/fmr-clinton-adviser-very-possible-obama-will-bow-out-presidential-race-now

Boxcar
Yeah I posted this same thing about a week or so ago. As time passes, I am more and more of the belief that Obama will either step down or the DNC will put someone up against him (like perhaps Hillary). The last thing the dem party wants to do is lose the WH and possibly senate!

mostpost
09-30-2011, 01:20 AM

Boxcar
Barack Obama will not drop out of the race. Dick Morris has no credibility. He is portrayed as a former Clinton adviser, but he long ago broke away from the Clintons. He claims a Democratic strategist told him...... That is called hearsay. Not admissible in court and Morris was not even under Oath.

lsbets
09-30-2011, 01:37 AM
I can't recall any of Dick Morris' predictions coming true expect that the Reps would win the house last year, but everyone but Hcap knew that was going to happen. Didn't Morris write a book saying 2008 would be a race between Condi and Hillary? When I see Rove on TV I listen to his insights. When I see Morris I figure he's trying to sell books.

bigmack
09-30-2011, 02:07 AM
Barack Obama will not drop out of the race.
But just between you and us, you've given thought to him steppin' off, ain't ya?

I'm the one with the gonads to have been saying it for months. HE'S DOOMED!

Don't tell me.... For your "first alternate" you offer Denny Ku from OHighO?

lsbests - Not one of Morris' predictions have come true?

As 'weeaselly' as Morris is, he has an insightful view of things.

ArlJim78
09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Its hard to take Morris seriously, he's got a new theory every week but he does hit on something once in awhile.
I don't think the scenario of Obama stepping down is that far fetched, at least in the sense that I'm sure it is being discussed.
They've lost the house, they will lose the senate, and now that it is apparent to even the most slow witted that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes and is heading for a landslide defeat, there are bound to be some that would like to fire the coach so to speak.

Mike at A+
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Obama will never drop out. He and his wife like "the life" far too much to do that. The exclusive vacations, the parties, the gourmet food, the golf, the shopping trips. I think it's much more likely that he ditches Biden and picks up Hillary as a running mate. With a billion dollars in campaign funds, we're going to see the dirtiest campaigning ever with no mention of his record. All we're going to hear from him is more of the same. He "inherited", the tsunami, the earthquake, Irene, Bush, the Tea Party, etc. Stupid people will give him a pass but I doubt the enthusiasm will be anywhere near the 2008 "hope and change" trickery.

boxcar
09-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Obama will never drop out. He and his wife like "the life" far too much to do that. The exclusive vacations, the parties, the gourmet food, the golf, the shopping trips. I think it's much more likely that he ditches Biden and picks up Hillary as a running mate. With a billion dollars in campaign funds, we're going to see the dirtiest campaigning ever with no mention of his record. All we're going to hear from him is more of the same. He "inherited", the tsunami, the earthquake, Irene, Bush, the Tea Party, etc. Stupid people will give him a pass but I doubt the enthusiasm will be anywhere near the 2008 "hope and change" trickery.

You're probably right. Obama is not smart enough to play the victim card on himself and bow out as this country's most patriotic martyr ever, and leave the door open for another run down the road. Instead, he'd rather alienate himself from his own Party. He'd rather do battle with his own and with Republicans. He'd rather sacrifice the senate on his altar -- throw the senate under the bus. And there is a very good chance, this is exactly what will happen come the elections. The senate will likely be lost.

Meanwhile, Durbin has announced that the votes are NOT in the senate for BO's stupid, non-existent bill. The bill is so toxic that the only way the senate will pass it, is if though a bi-partisan effort. The Dems want the Republicans to share the blame.

Boxcar

Mike at A+
09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
On my Facebook page I posted the following challenge to all my liberal friends and relatives:

I will bet anyone MY LIFE'S SAVINGS that if Republicans take the Senate and the Presidency in 2012 that the unemployment rate will drop like a rock within 6 months. Any takers?

Needless to say, there were no takers.

alytim
09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
On my Facebook page I posted the following challenge to all my liberal friends and relatives:

I will bet anyone MY LIFE'S SAVINGS that if Republicans take the Senate and the Presidency in 2012 that the unemployment rate will drop like a rock within 6 months. Any takers?

Needless to say, there were no takers.

Proof that the two dollar bettor is a dying breed.

Mike at A+
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Proof that the two dollar bettor is a dying breed.
Nice try but I'm working on my second million.

skate
09-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Mosty on a stretch insinuating those he disagrees with politically haven't experienced quality food.

Only question remaining is how many tickets did HE buy and if he wins will he go into his jag about Wash. Generals/Harlem globetrotters?

Too ethnic?

Yeppers...again Most is the LEAST...he got something about him that has me believe he'd try to add the roof, before he puts up the walls.

if he doesn't see...how can you debate.

Consciously...we try to help the unconscious.:cool:

alytim
09-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Nice try but I'm working on my second million.

Proof that anything is possible.

Mike at A+
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Proof that anything is possible.
In America, yes almost anything is with effort (or the right connections).