1.Decisive Moment
2.Little Drama
3.Populist Politics
4.Friends Place
5.Windswept
6.Caleb's Posse
7.Shackleford
8.Wilburn

I have been following Wilburn since his debut and watched him in person at the Smarty Jones early this month. This horse is coming around in a big way. Interesting to see Leparoux get the mount. I'll be curious to see what his M/L will be.

classhandicapper
09-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Interesting that after two sprint wins they decided to stretch out Caleb's Posse again.

cj
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Interesting that after two sprint wins they decided to stretch out Caleb's Posse again.

Why not take another shot? You can win a lot more in quality routes. I'll be curious to see if Shackleford is done.

OTM Al
09-28-2011, 05:17 PM
I think this race is only 1 1/16 m so if he is running in the BC mile, not a bad prep giving him a little cut back. He's a 7f horse, but that's not an option right now.

classhandicapper
09-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Why not take another shot? You can win a lot more in quality routes. I'll be curious to see if Shackleford is done.

I'd be way more apt to bet against him, but I don't see anyone I'm dying to play against him in that field.

toussaud
09-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I like wilburn alot here. One, he has always shown flashes of talent. Secondly, if he is anything like the other B'dini's he's going to get better with age.

I like him in the slight upset here and to be blunt I think Caleb's posse is a 1 turn horse.

the little guy
09-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Populist Politics has gotten two straight special rides. He should have won both.

Valuist
09-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Populist Politics has gotten two straight special rides. He should have won both.

He was tons the best in the Super Derby.

BIG49010
09-29-2011, 09:07 AM

"Special" is that the politically correct way to criticize a jockeys performance!

Simple Syrup
09-29-2011, 10:00 PM
I think Shackleford wins it, but I'm not confident enough to play the bet at the likely odds.

ManU918
10-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Wilburn is obviously in top form right now.

cj
10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Apparently, Glenwood Canyon is now the greatest horse of all time bar none. He won the Schaefer Mile in 1:33 getting his last furlong in approximately 10 seconds.

It is an embarrassment to the sport that a thing like that could be published in the official chart.

Valuist
10-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Populist Politics will get another chance to turn the tables on Prayer for Relief in the OK Derby on Sunday. Haven't looked at the pps and likely pace scenario but if the odds are anything like the morning line (PfR 9-5, Pop Politics 10-1), I won't need to.

For some reason, Amoss won't take Melancon off the horse. For a guy who's never shied from criticizing riders, Amoss is showing shocking loyalty to Melancon.

toussaud
10-14-2011, 06:39 PM
"g money" is a good rider.

I will be laughed at this, but I want to see wilburn in the classic. He will get 10F and he's never been better than he is right now. that's 2 things you can't say for everyone in the race and his numbers fit.

ManU918
10-14-2011, 07:18 PM

I will be laughed at this, but I want to see wilburn in the classic. He will get 10F and he's never been better than he is right now. that's 2 things you can't say for everyone in the race and his numbers fit.

Your not the only one who wants to see him in the Classic and from what everyone at Churchill has said ... He has looked absolutely incredible. We would get a huge price on him.

the little guy
10-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Populist Politics will get another chance to turn the tables on Prayer for Relief in the OK Derby on Sunday. Haven't looked at the pps and likely pace scenario but if the odds are anything like the morning line (PfR 9-5, Pop Politics 10-1), I won't need to.

For some reason, Amoss won't take Melancon off the horse. For a guy who's never shied from criticizing riders, Amoss is showing shocking loyalty to Melancon.

It's incredible they leave him on, in big money races no less, after the two rides he has given that horse. There has to be a connection with the owners or something. It makes NO sense.

Thanks for the heads up.

ManU918
10-18-2011, 12:34 AM

I am hearing Wilburn is going to run in the Mile.

ManU918
10-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Its official Wilburn is running in the Dirt Mile!!!!!!

toussaud
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
crap. i actually liked him more in the classic.

going to be tough to run down the factor IMHO

ManU918
10-28-2011, 08:56 AM
crap. i actually liked him more in the classic.

going to be tough to run down the factor IMHO

All of the future prices I'm seeing has Jackson Bend as the favorite with Wilburn as the second choice.