PDA

View Full Version : Anger at the Hypocrite-in-Chief

boxcar
09-28-2011, 02:56 PM
I thought when Obama took office, foreign relations were supposed to improve dramatically. Hasn't BO said various times in the past that we haven't treated our allies right (especially the "enlightened" Europeans)? That we tend to look down our snouts at them? That we're too arrogant? Hmmm....

Obama's Euro-Crisis Lecture Is 'Pitiful and Sad'

From our German friends:

US President Obama has given the Europeans a harsh lecture on the dangers of their ongoing debt crisis. Offended by the unsolicited advice, Europeans have suggested the US get its own house in order first. Obama's remarks were "arrogant" and "absurd," German commentators say on Wednesday.

More at:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,788807,00.html

Wow! How interesting. Solomon was right: "There's nothing new under the sun." Why...the more things Change, the more they seem to remain the Same. I sure Hope this fact has been working out for all you libs. I know it's not for all those white independents out there.

Boxcar

Tom
09-28-2011, 03:01 PM
The same Germans who were going crazy over his campaign speech over there?

History tells us..don't piss off the Germans!

ArlJim78
09-28-2011, 03:12 PM
from the Spiegel piece
"Obama's lecture on the euro crisis … is overbearing, arrogant and absurd. … In a nutshell, he is claiming that Europe is to blame for the current financial crisis, which is 'scaring the world.' Excuse me?"

"The American president seems to have forgotten a few details. The most important trigger of the financial and economic crisis was US banks and their insane real-estate dealings. The US is still piling up debt … The American congress is crippled by a battle between the right and the left. The banks are gambling just as recklessly as they did before the crisis. The president's scolding is a pathetic attempt to distract attention from his own failures. How embarrassing."

tell us what we don't already know Hans, at least you don't have to live with this schmuck as your president.

more of that smart diplomacy we've heard so much about.

boxcar
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
from the Spiegel piece

tell us what we don't already know Hans, at least you don't have to live with this schmuck as your president.

more of that smart diplomacy we've heard so much about.

A hypocrite twice over! First, we're loaded with debt, but we're going to lecture other countries on their monetary problems?

And then to add insult to injury -- in arrogant tones, yet, AFTER Obama has criticized past administrations for treating the Euros in a condescending manner?

It's no wonder libs love this president. :rolleyes: They have everything in common.

Boxcar

LottaKash
09-28-2011, 03:53 PM
A hypocrite twice over! First, we're loaded with debt, but we're going to lecture other countries on their monetary problems?

And then to add insult to injury -- in arrogant tones, yet, AFTER Obama has criticized past administrations for treating the Euros in a condescending manner?

It's no wonder libs love this president. :rolleyes: They have everything in common.

Boxcar

Hail to the Chief....:jump:...

best,

DJofSD
09-28-2011, 04:08 PM
If I recall correctly, the response from the finance minister was in direct response to BO telling them to increase the amount of leverage. I guess 8 to 1 is childs play and going as for as 40 to 1 like some institutions did is what the community organizer now economic sage was thinking.

FantasticDan
09-28-2011, 04:20 PM
At an event in California on Monday, Obama warned Europeans that their inaction was "scaring the world." The Europeans, he said, "have not fully healed from the crisis back in 2007 and never fully dealt with all the challenges that their banking system faced. It's now being compounded by what's happening in Greece." He continued: "They're going through a financial crisis that is scaring the world, and they're trying to take responsible actions, but those actions haven't been quite as quick as they need to be."

Wow. That is some pitiful, sad, not true stuff. No wonder the Germans (and PA righties) are incensed. This might need two or three threads to cover all the faux-rage :mad: :jump: :sleeping:

But perhaps the Europeans simply don't like a taste of their own medicine. When a US default was looming back in July when Congress was unable to agree on raising the debt ceiling, European commentators were quick to weigh in and give Obama and the US unsolicited advice. "The global economy needs an American agreement," said a French government minister at the time.

Goddamn Eurotrash bastards :eek: :sleeping:

boxcar
09-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Goddamn Eurotrash bastards :eek: :sleeping:

And we could easily double down on that with the hypocritical, Kenyantrash in the WH who is NO position to preach down his condescending snout to others how to better their economies when he can't fix ours, most especially when he has also preached to Americans in the past about how wrong it to take arrogant tones with world leaders. As I said, double down.

Boxcar

cj's dad
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
With every post here regarding BO, the libs show just how much of a bend over and let BO have his way group they are. Pitiful bunch.

Tom
09-28-2011, 10:03 PM
With every post here regarding BO, the libs show just how much of a bend over and let BO have his way group they are. Pitiful bunch.

Ankle grabbers?

Tom
09-28-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/merkel-hits-back-at-obamas-economic-advice-for-europe/story-e6frg8zx-1226148951195

Wolfgang Schauble, the German Finance Minister, was scathing in his response to the US President's charge on Monday that Greek debt and a failure by European leaders to deal with it was "scaring the world".

Mr Schauble said: "It is always much easier to give advice to others than to decide for yourself.

Dan, you see nothing wrong wihta proven loser who is 14 tril in the hole and shows no signs of doing anything about our debt sticking his nose in other people's finances? :lol:

I wonder if he told them to take off their slippers?

FantasticDan
09-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Other people's finances? As Europe shits, so shits the US, and vice-versa.

And since this is yet another ridiculous thread of screaming, poo-flinging monkeys :jump: :jump: , that should be obvious.

NJ Stinks
09-29-2011, 01:29 AM
I thought when Obama took office, foreign relations were supposed to improve dramatically....

If Obama bows and says nothing, you whine. If Obama stands tall and tells it like it is, you whine.

Maybe you just want to whine, Boxcar. :jump:

boxcar
09-29-2011, 01:43 AM
If Obama bows and says nothing, you whine. If Obama stands tall and tells it like it is, you whine.

Maybe you just want to whine, Boxcar. :jump:

You got the first half right. But a wise person, whose own house is not in order, should know when to keep his mouth shut about someone else's. As a wise man once said, FIRST remove the beam from your own eye before you presume to remove the speck from someone else's.

Plus it was the Germans themselves who didn't like his arrogant tone.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Other people's finances? As Europe shits, so shits the US, and vice-versa.

And since this is yet another ridiculous thread of screaming, poo-flinging monkeys :jump: :jump: , that should be obvious.

Well, then, by your own admission, it is incumbent for the U.S. to clean up its own mess, as well. Besides, when have you come to realize that U.S. poop doesn't stink? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2011, 02:17 AM
At an event in California on Monday, Obama warned Europeans that their inaction was "scaring the world." The Europeans, he said, "have not fully healed from the crisis back in 2007 and never fully dealt with all the challenges that their banking system faced. It's now being compounded by what's happening in Greece." He continued: "They're going through a financial crisis that is scaring the world, and they're trying to take responsible actions, but those actions haven't been quite as quick as they need to be."

Wow. That is some pitiful, sad, not true stuff. No wonder the Germans (and PA righties) are incensed. This might need two or three threads to cover all the faux-rage :mad: :jump: :sleeping:

But perhaps the Europeans simply don't like a taste of their own medicine. When a US default was looming back in July when Congress was unable to agree on raising the debt ceiling, European commentators were quick to weigh in and give Obama and the US unsolicited advice. "The global economy needs an American agreement," said a French government minister at the time.

Goddamn Eurotrash bastards :eek: :sleeping:How exactly are you any different from the righties on here you regularly attempt to condemn?

Your rhetoric, while coming from the other side of the fence, is just as repetitive and biased.

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2011, 02:18 AM
Same goes for NJS... :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Same goes for NJS... :lol:

PA, I'm shocked. Shocked. What have I ever repeated here except raise taxes and Republicans are beyond my idea of the American Dream.

At any rate, I suggest Boxcar change his username to something more appropriate like SirBoxo'Whine.

Boxcar has been returning $2.10 long enough. :p

boxcar
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM
PA, I'm shocked. Shocked.

There's a simple solution to your painful shock. Pull your finger out of the socket and screw in a light bulb instead, "bright eyes". :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
There's a simple solution to your painful shock. Pull your finger out of the socket and screw in a light bulb instead, "bright eyes". :rolleyes:

Boxcar

No show betting on this one. :lol:

boxcar
09-30-2011, 12:18 AM
No show betting on this one. :lol:

Only a shock treatment patient with fried brain cells would even consider such a thing. You poor thing. Get well soon.

Boxcar