PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Next President

CryingForTheHorses
09-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Get ready to embrace your next republican presidential candidate winner Herman Cain.Florida loves him and he will steal the black vote from Obama.Sound interesting?.Time will tell.

Greyfox
09-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Herman Cain has some great ideas and a good business mind.
Yes, he could definitely steal black voters from Obama.
But even getting all of the black votes is not enough to win the Presidency.
Can he convince white voters - Republicans and Independents?

HUSKER55
09-26-2011, 08:27 PM
do you hav any idea of how many people will accept anybody compaed to what we have now?

so.cal.fan
09-26-2011, 08:47 PM
I like Herman Cain, and will vote for him, if he is the candidate against President Obama.
I have one problem with him. He won't do away with the IRS and the FED.RESERVE.
It's going to become more and more obvious, that we're going to need to do this in the future, if we want to save America's economy.

boxcar
09-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Herman Cain has some great ideas and a good business mind.
Yes, he could definitely steal black voters from Obama.
But even getting all of the black votes is not enough to win the Presidency.
Can he convince white voters - Republicans and Independents?

What makes you think he can steal or gain (whatever term you want to use) a significant percentage of black votes? Black voters don't care much for conservative politicians. For example, Alan Keyes never attracted any kind of black support.

Boxcar

boxcar
09-26-2011, 10:42 PM
do you hav any idea of how many people will accept anybody compaed to what we have now?+

Reminds me of the Bush presidency. :D And look what we got!

I don't care much for this kind of attitude whereby so many voters will be casting their votes against the candidate they dislike, as opposed to voting for someone based on his merits.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
09-27-2011, 12:02 AM
What makes you think he can steal or gain (whatever term you want to use) a significant percentage of black votes? Black voters don't care much for conservative politicians. For example, Alan Keyes never attracted any kind of black support.

BoxcarOn that we agree and I might add conservatives never cared much for black politicians. For Example, Alan Keyes. They might elect a congressman or two a year, but never a governor or senator or a presidential nominee. They talk up conservative Blacks, but they seldom vote for one and never for one if he is running for an important election.

bigmack
09-27-2011, 12:10 AM
On that we agree and I might add conservatives never cared much for black politicians. For Example, Alan Keyes. They might elect a congressman or two a year, but never a governor or senator or a presidential nominee. They talk up conservative Blacks, but they seldom vote for one and never for one if he is running for an important election.
You continue to give the impression your head is up your backside.

Tom
09-27-2011, 12:11 AM
On that we agree and I might add conservatives never cared much for black politicians. For Example, Alan Keyes.

As a conservative, I will support any candidate that represents my conservative values. There have not been very many black candidates that meet that criteria. Your blanket statement is ignorant.

DJofSD
09-27-2011, 12:12 AM
JC Watts could have been prez.

Robert Goren
09-27-2011, 12:52 AM
JC Watts could have been prez.
He could not even get a major house GOP leadership post. Being the token GOP Black could only take him so far.

We will see how many votes Cain gets when they actually mean something. I suspect not many. But that is not necessarily racism, his ideas at first glance may be popular to some, but his resume is not all its cracked up to be. If he were to become a major candidate, some people might not think it is what you want in a president.

bigmack
09-27-2011, 12:56 AM
He could not even get a major house GOP leadership post. Being the token GOP Black could only take him so far.
In your brilliant political mind was BO a DEM token black or half-token?

Robert Goren
09-27-2011, 01:02 AM
As a conservative, I will support any candidate that represents my conservative values. There have not been very many black candidates that meet that criteria. Your blanket statement is ignorant.I guess we see how many conservatives feel the same as you. It is amazing how many Black conservatives that run for public office somehow are not conservative enough (even though they are miles to the right of their White opponents) for a lot of White conservatives.

DJofSD
09-27-2011, 01:08 AM
In your brilliant political mind was BO a DEM token black or half-token?
He was third choice when they couldn't get John Shaft or Superfly.

bigmack
09-27-2011, 01:14 AM
He was third choice when they couldn't get John Shaft or Superfly.
You forgot to cough.

Coffy.

2jVAIitIP-4

Somebody tell me who done that soundtrack. Ooooo.

Robert Goren
09-27-2011, 01:15 AM
In your brilliant political mind was BO a DEM token black or half-token?You may not like him, but almost all Democrats voted for him when he was the democratic nominee for president. The republicans have yet to come even close to putting up a Black nominee. Edward Brooke is the black republican ever elected senator and noboby ever mistook him as a conservative.

bigmack
09-27-2011, 01:23 AM
You may not like him, but almost all Democrats voted for him when he was the democratic nominee for president. The republicans have yet to come even close to putting up a Black nominee. Edward Brooke is the black republican ever elected senator and noboby ever mistook him as a conservative.
If BO is half black and folk like JJ & Rev. Goofy in Chicago called him 'not all that black', would it stand to reason Herm would get double the black vote?

You paint with one broad brush. Next thing ya know you'll be sayin' a real knee slapper, like only one party is racist.

What a minute, ain't that what you sayin'?

HUSKER55
09-27-2011, 06:13 AM
When was the last time you voted "for" a president as oppossed to "I like this candidate better than the other". Today it is anybody except BO.

We want someone who will think like we do. When that person comes along will you back em?

Herman Cain sells pizzas. I doubt he would survive DC any better than BO. First time out and he wants to be president? Not going to happen. If he was that good he could replace the senator from nebraska and do a better job.

Won't happen.

Christie has sliced and diced his way into the media but is anybody in DC going to let him get in there. Nope. He can not get enough backing to do the job.

If Perry wins my constipation problems are over. (I might vote for him. Save money on medicine.)

Nobody that is running now is getting a "vote in favor". They are getting the vote because "I hate the rest of the choices".

I am curious, who would you vote "for", regarless of who else was running.

Romney is not going to get the job done

JustRalph
09-27-2011, 09:09 AM

with only 8 years in the job, he wasn't even eligible to be in a leadership post...........so much for your theory

Sugar Ron
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
LOL ... cons are scramblin'

Pizza man delivers the FL Straw Poll in the latest edition of Baggers "Gone Wild".

Herman who?????

Richard has (thankfully) been exposed.

Rino Romney can't get any love south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Bachmann and Paul are nothing more than human versions of $5k claimers.

Con power brokers are flooding the switchboard at the fat man's residence in Jersey in a panic (they do realize he believes in man-caused global warming ... right?).

Meanwhile, BO is raking in the dough out west and sitting in his corner like Pretty Boy Floyd just waiting for some poor con to break from the pack.

Yo burger boy ... life is GOOOOOOD :cool:

JustRalph
09-27-2011, 09:56 AM
http://www.ibopezogby.com/news/2011/09/26/ibope-zogby-poll-perry-plummets-18-trails-cain-lead-among-gop-primary-voters/

ArlJim78
09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
for me the republican primary means anyone but Romney or Paul.
of course the general election means anyone but Obama.

Greyfox
09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Herman Cain sells pizzas. I doubt he would survive DC any better than BO. First time out and he wants to be president? Not going to happen. If he was that good he could replace the senator from nebraska and do a better job.

one

Prez of a Pizza company ...sure. But I see that as a huge plus sign.
At least he would start running America like a business.
He would survive DC better than Obama.
Obama never even ran a two tiered shit-house.
That is exactly why the country is in trouble. He's a moderator not a leader.
His first three years have been spent "dithering." Now he wants to fight.
Gimmee a break Jake.

Cain has been President of a large company and many of his business skills will be transferrable.
One of the problems today is the belief that experience in politics is necessary. It is not. Leadership skills are required.
The last Prez that I can remember who came from outside politics was Ike . He used his Army management and leadership skills to do the job.

I agree that Cain won't get the nomination this time.
But keep him in mind for 2016 or VP this time.
I like what I hear from him.

toetoe
09-27-2011, 10:46 AM
On that we agree and I might add conservatives never cared much for black politicians. For Example, Alan Keyes. They might elect a congressman or two a year, but never a governor or senator or a presidential nominee. They talk up conservative Blacks, but they seldom vote for one and never for one if he is running for an important election.

Say what, Pookie ? It pains me to say I think you're serious. :(

toetoe
09-27-2011, 10:48 AM

We will see how many votes Cain gets when they actually mean something. I suspect not many. But that is not necessarily racism, his ideas at first glance may be popular to some, but his resume is not all its cracked up to be. If he were to become a major candidate, some people might not think it is what you want in a president.

Okay, now I'm really mixed up.

I'm going Limbaugh here --- America wants to see a black candidate do well ... don't it ?

toetoe
09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
I guess we see how many conservatives feel the same as you. It is amazing how many Black conservatives that run for public office somehow are not conservative enough (even though they are miles to the right of their White opponents) for a lot of White conservatives.

Gosh, things are so simple, so easily distinguished ... dare I say so black and white for you. However, I notice you are using the C-word now instead of the R-word. Oh yeah, how 'bout dem Dixiecrats, son ? They sure knew which side their crackers were buttered on.

toetoe
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
You forgot to cough.

Coffy.

2jVAIitIP-4

Somebody tell me who done that soundtrack. Ooooo.

Top of the ticket.

Sincerely,
Roy Ayers

toetoe
09-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Richard has (thankfully) been exposed.

Put Richard back in. Step away from the school bus. Give thankful Richard a moment to relax. Walk away.

HUSKER55
09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
greyfox, you are right on alot of points but I still maintain he would serve america better as a senator.

This election is shaping up to "who do you dispise the least".

I don't think that person has shown up yet. (ok...ok...I hope)

Just once before I die I would like to cast a vote "FOR" a person I really believe in.

BTW...that ain't gonna happen either.

surfdog89
09-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I will vote for him.....Hermann Cain..... American needs a major change in direction.... sorry that I voted for the guy in the white house that that has no idea how to be a leader......

Sugar Ron
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Put Richard back in. Step away from the school bus. Give thankful Richard a moment to relax. Walk away.

Well, good to see Richard going back to school

He clearly needs more work on those debating skills ... among other things.

Hell, I think Zenyatta could've gotten the best of him in those two FL debates...

Robert Goren
09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Gosh, things are so simple, so easily distinguished ... dare I say so black and white for you. However, I notice you are using the C-word now instead of the R-word. Oh yeah, how 'bout dem Dixiecrats, son ? They sure knew which side their crackers were buttered on.Dixiecrats are extinct and have been since the late 70s. So are liberal republicans. If you are a republican these days, it is matter of how far right you are of Reagan. There is no one remaining in the GOP who is to the left of Reagan. Michael Reagan said on Fox news this morning that his father would not be pure enough for today's conservatives. I think he is correct.

fast4522
09-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I am for who ever the nominee turns out to be white, black, woman or man. To let this fidiot take the oath of office again is to put all of Americas future inside Al Gore's locked box with social security to never be seen again.

Tom
09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
Are Herman Cain supporters racists?

I ca see the campaign slogans now.....

For the first time in history, TWO Black men vie for the Presidency of the United States! And one of them is 100%. :rolleyes: ;)

boxcar
09-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Just once before I die I would like to cast a vote "FOR" a person I really believe in.

Well, that makes for two of us on this forum. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

Tom
09-28-2011, 08:58 AM
The only one I ever voted FOR was McGovern.
Every one since has been against the other guy.

Our brightest and best don't seem to go into politics.

Robert Goren
09-28-2011, 09:15 AM
In presidential races, the only time I was a true believer was in 1968 primary. I voted for Eugene "Clean Gene" McCarthy. I still think he would have made a great president. RFK jumped in and screwed up his chances of being nominated, then RFK got shot, HHH got the nomination and Nixon got elected and the rest is literally "history".

Mike at A+
09-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Dennis Miller is supporting Herman Cain and he just told O'Reilly that he has a great idea for a bumper sticker: CAIN versus UNABLE