PDA

View Full Version : A Poll for hcap

Tom
09-26-2011, 03:24 PM
NYS - 2:1 registered dems over repubs.
Has not voted for a repub in presidential elections in 30 years.

Today:
47% would vote for Obama in 2012
47% would not

Overall approval rating at 52%

Not good in a 2:1 state.

DJofSD
09-26-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll give you 2:1 that hcap will respond and post at least two links and as many charts proving you are wrong.

GameTheory
09-26-2011, 03:30 PM
http://www.tnr.com/article/the-vital-center/95296/democrats-ideology-republicans-independents

FantasticDan
09-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Here's more on the NYS breakdown, which details it somewhat better than Tom's numbers.. :rolleyes:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/obama_leads_by_points_over_romney_wZ7LKzY3VxICc09a 5j589L

And I know some posters here are of the belief that any repub who can breathe on a mirror and fog it up will handily beat Obama, but this last paragraph sums up that folly:

The bad news for the President is that when voters judge him in the absence of Republican opposition, his numbers are weak,” poll spokesman Steven Greenberg said. “The good news for the President is that when matched up against Republicans – those in Congress or potential presidential challengers – his numbers are strong

ElKabong
09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Losing his base faster than any other 1rst term prez that I can recall, except for Jimmy Carter perhaps.

GameTheory
09-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Here's more on the NYS breakdown, which details it somewhat better than Tom's numbers.. :rolleyes:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/obama_leads_by_points_over_romney_wZ7LKzY3VxICc09a 5j589L

And I know some posters here are of the belief that any repub who can breathe on a mirror and fog it up will handily beat Obama, but this last paragraph sums up that folly:

The bad news for the President is that when voters judge him in the absence of Republican opposition, his numbers are weak,” poll spokesman Steven Greenberg said. “The good news for the President is that when matched up against Republicans – those in Congress or potential presidential challengers – his numbers are strongIt is hard to believe those one-on-one polls mean anything at this point in the primaries. I'd like to see other such polls from previous elections from the same time point in the campaign. (George Bush Sr. vs Clinton and other specific dem challengers of the time would be a good one since Bush was a losing incumbent.)

bigmack
09-26-2011, 04:04 PM
It is hard to believe those one-on-one polls mean anything at this point in the primaries. I'd like to see other such polls from previous elections from the same time point in the campaign. (George Bush Sr. vs Clinton and other specific dem challengers of the time would be a good one since Bush was a losing incumbent.)
While Bush lost his base as a result of "Read my lips. No new taxes", I think a better model would be Reagan/Carter '80.

The country is in shambles, ala. '79.

HUSKER55
09-26-2011, 04:38 PM
How many of you think the rep nominee has not announced running yet?

GameTheory
09-26-2011, 04:58 PM
While Bush lost his base as a result of "Read my lips. No new taxes", I think a better model would be Reagan/Carter '80.

The country is in shambles, ala. '79.Also good, if such polls are available. Possibly even Carter was favored in head-to-head matchups at this point.

elysiantraveller
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM
... to put any stock into polls.

bigmack
09-26-2011, 05:47 PM
Also good, if such polls are available. Possibly even Carter was favored in head-to-head matchups at this point.
In August, after the Republican National Convention, Ronald Reagan gave a campaign speech at the annual Neshoba County Fair on the outskirts of Philadelphia, Mississippi, where three civil rights workers were murdered in 1964. He was the first presidential candidate ever to campaign at the fair.

Reagan famously announced, "Programs like education and others should be turned back to the states and local communities with the tax sources to fund them. I believe in states’ rights. I believe in people doing as much as they can at the community level and the private level." Reagan also stated, "I believe we have distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended to be given in the Constitution to that federal establishment." He went on to promise to "restore to states and local governments the power that properly belongs to them."

President Carter attacked Reagan for injecting "hate and racism" by the "rebirth of code words like 'states' rights'". :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1980

Interesting article on 1980 election polls:
http://www.amstat.org/sections/srms/proceedings/papers/1981_011.pdf

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/DemographicsofHowGroupsVotedinthe1980PresidentialE lection.png

cj's dad
09-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Interesting that as the income level rises the more conservative the group becomes. As we all know, the smarter one is the more $$$ one commands in the marketplace; well most anyway.

And, the more folks voted for RR.

boxcar
09-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Interesting that as the income level rises the more conservative the group becomes. As we all know, the smarter one is the more $$$ one commands in the marketplace; well most anyway.

And, the more folks voted for RR.

Is it any wonder that the Dems desperately want to see more impoverished people in this country?

Boxcar

Tom
09-26-2011, 11:44 PM
My source:

http://today.yougov.com/news/2011/09/26/only-27-think-obama-jobs-plan-will-create-many-new/

DJofSD
09-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Part of the money for the so called jobs plan is going to former ACORN spin-offs.

Dave Schwartz
09-27-2011, 12:54 AM
Interesting that as the income level rises the more conservative the group becomes.

Another way to look at it: If you a re a democrat and want a raise, switch to the Republican party.

:lol:

Robert Goren
09-27-2011, 01:31 AM
As poor as the ecomony is the republican should win in a landslide. Now if they just come up with a candidate that didn't scare the daylights of the average American voter. Putting up someone like Perry or Bachmann would give the election to Obama. Romney might beat him. Maybe Christie could too. Giuliani would get 60% of the vote, but he is not running.

bigmack
09-27-2011, 01:36 AM
As poor as the ecomony is the republican should win in a landslide.
Somebody ring a bell somewhere. (Ding)

That's one.

Tom
09-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Part of the money for the so called jobs plan is going to former ACORN spin-offs.

We have a shortage of community organizers.

hcap
09-27-2011, 12:31 PM
So this so-called "poll" turns ot to be a "poll" of the PA righties. I could have told you gentlemen the results before the first Obama is toast response.

But i will admit there is trouble in River City.

Tom
09-27-2011, 12:41 PM
No, it was a You Gov poll.
But strictly observation on my part, almost everyone in NY here thtI know who has been a solid democrat and an Obama supported now refers to him as, "...that MF Obama..." :lol:

DJofSD
09-27-2011, 12:41 PM

I believe that was pool not poll, Harold.

skate
09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
welp...if he dont resign, he'll win.

and the history books will refer to "the time of Nincompoopalization period".

and if Christey runs, then he aint 1/2 as smart as the-skate thinks he is.

Newt is the best this Country has to offer.:cool: aside from the-skate.ie.:kiss:

DJofSD
09-27-2011, 03:34 PM
We'd be better off with a toad than a newt.

bigmack
09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
(Ding)

That's two.

BlueShoe
09-27-2011, 08:11 PM
In case any of you missed it, last night SoCal was honored (?) by a visit from The Annointed One. He dined in a West Hollywood restaurant at a fund raising dinner. As usual, several streets in the area were closed and traffic rerouted. Several local merchants complained about not being able to conduct business and the uncounted heavy loss of revenue to the district due to the closures. 120 fat cat dolts, er, ah, that is, supporters, coughed up $18,000 apiece to bask in the presence of the Prez. Were any of you guys there??

Tom
09-27-2011, 11:13 PM
My shrimp cocktail was rubbery.

DJofSD
09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Is that like 'my Bosco tastes funny?'

skate
09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
welp...Bosco with Shrimp, that outta fix em...yeppers.

BlueShoe
09-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Well, at least you got seafood, from now until the election Obama will not do as well as he is forced to hit the rubber chicken circuit.

Tom
09-28-2011, 02:29 PM
welp...Bosco with Shrimp, that outta fix em...yeppers.\\\mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm....yeppers and peppers.

DJofSD
09-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, I guess my Bosco reference was way to obscure.

I was remembering Gabe Kaplin's comedy album "Holes and Mellow Rolls" and the story about what they used to do to some one's thermos that had Bosco in it.

Ocala Mike
09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
I love Bosco/It's rich and chocolatey/Chocolate-flavored Bosco is mighty good for me/Momma puts it in my drink for extra energy/Bosco gives me iron, and sunshine vitamin D/Oh, I love Bosco, that's the drink for me!

Ocala Mike

Tom
09-28-2011, 10:17 PM
I had Ovaltine....yuck!