PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Okay, read this one. (It is not about Iraq, but it is about stupid government.)

California Attitude? (http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=3894931)

JustRalph
11-26-2003, 12:40 PM
Motherboard? Daughter Board? male and female connectors in deference to the Gender neutral crowd?

I am surprised they haven't banned the British from calling a cigarette a FAG in public places.

I have a picture of a no smoking sign in a Santa Monica park. Public Park....baseball field. God, I am Glad I left Ca. It would take a bunch of money to get me to go back there.

BillW
11-27-2003, 01:15 AM
I'm waiting for Berkley to dismantle their Masters program. This is not only culturally insensitive but just think how the dumb asses feel. :rolleyes:

On the other hand I've decided that it's a little too much to hope for that insulting ones intelligence become politically incorrect. :D

Bill

Tom
11-27-2003, 10:02 AM
It is very hard to insult some people's intelligence ;)

VetScratch
11-28-2003, 08:18 AM
JustRalph,
Motherboard? Daughter Board? male and female connectors in deference to the Gender neutral crowd?
And here I thought I had proposed the solution to gender conflicts when I used gelding as a verbal gerund in the offer under my avatar!

Tom
11-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
JustRalph,

And here I thought I had proposed the solution to gender conflicts when I used gelding as a verbal gerund in the offer under my avatar!

Put them swords DOWN when you use the word "gelding."

Thank you very much :eek:

Lefty
11-28-2003, 12:17 PM
10-15 yrs ago they were saying in CA you couldn't use such words as Master Bedroom in real Estate ads. Did they ever follow through on that? Been to Ca 3 times. Twice for Sartin workshops, once for a Dodger game.

Bubbles
11-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Geez...What next? Are they going to ban the word "machine" if Schwarzzennegger (possible sp.) is recalled like Davis was? :D

PaceAdvantage
11-28-2003, 11:18 PM
Hows about the MASTERS degree at the local university? Is that out the window also? Where does the MADNESS end?

trying2win
11-28-2003, 11:37 PM
Dave,

Thanks for the link to the interesting article. After reading it, all I can say is what John Davidson and Cathy Lee Crosby used to declare, when they were hosts on one of their old TV shows..."THAT'S INCREDIBLE!"

Trying2win

JustRalph
11-28-2003, 11:37 PM
For years there were no Blacks allowed to play in "The Masters" golf tournament either................

boxcar
11-29-2003, 12:06 AM
It seems to me that the Political Correctness Bunch have far, far too much time on their hands. They, evidently, spend (waste) their entire life diligently searching behind every nook and cranny in all kinds of media for things by which to be offended.

Boxcar

highnote
11-29-2003, 12:22 AM
I remember a few years back some feminist group found the words to Billy Joel's song "Just The Way You Are" offensive and tried to make a big deal out of it in the media.

kenwoodallpromos
11-29-2003, 11:34 PM
UC Berkeley= has online certificate program, no grading! / I was a prospective juror where all from within city limits of berkeley were excused from jury service! / In Alameda Counmty it is against the law to perform a certain sex act because it is called "Master___ing! LOL!! (Just kidding!). //Article- I suggest "Underground Railroad Conductor" and "Underground Railroad Passenger:".

wes
11-30-2003, 11:24 AM
The only thing that keeps many people from being a perfect ass is they have hemorrhoids.

wes