PDA

View Full Version : Racing Condition Question

johnhenry81
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Today at ASD race 2 Creekin Charlie won race 2, :confused: a n3L claimer, yet he had 3 wins already. Anyone know why he was eligible?

mm

Overlay
09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree with you on the wording of the conditions in today's entries, but the condition book for the meeting somehow omitted the limitation on the number of lifetime wins. I wonder at what point the conditions were changed.

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/ASD092511CAN-EQB.html#RACE2

Condition Book (http://www.assiniboiadowns.com/pdf/horsemen-2011-condition-book-5.pdf)

Could the race listed as the sixth race for the day in the condition book have been moved up for some reason, to become the second race?

camourous
09-25-2011, 08:41 PM
When they list races in the condition books they are not numbered by what race they will be carded as, so the 6th race in the book could be carded as any race on the card, they just use number so its easy to enter horses as they will also put extra races up on overnights that horseman can enter too if they feel they can get more entries than the races in the book, as far as a horse with 3 wins running in this race the only thing i can guess at without seeing the lifetime PP's are he won a race at a unrecognized track, some sort of small fair meet, thats the only loophole i can see by reading the book

HuggingTheRail
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
guess at without seeing the lifetime PP's are he won a race at a unrecognized track, some sort of small fair meet, thats the only loophole i can see by reading the book

The 2 wins at Les Bois Park, with purses of only $2400 are likely "non counters"

johnhenry81
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the replies. Claiming conditions should just be eliminated if their are going to be loopholes and exceptions etc. etc.

turninforhome10
09-25-2011, 10:03 PM
The 2 wins at Les Bois Park, with purses of only $2400 are likely "non counters"

From the condition book

All races with a net value of $2,400. or less to the winners will not be considered for determining eligibility or allowances at Assiniboia Downs.

turninforhome10
09-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. Claiming conditions should just be eliminated if their are going to be loopholes and exceptions etc. etc.

If you don't understand them don't bet them. These loopholes are spelled out in every condition book. You should really read them or at least understand what kind of horse you are betting on.

thespaah
09-25-2011, 11:01 PM
I agree with you on the wording of the conditions in today's entries, but the condition book for the meeting somehow omitted the limitation on the number of lifetime wins. I wonder at what point the conditions were changed.

http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/ASD092511CAN-EQB.html#RACE2

Condition Book (http://www.assiniboiadowns.com/pdf/horsemen-2011-condition-book-5.pdf)

Could the race listed as the sixth race for the day in the condition book have been moved up for some reason, to become the second race?
It is possible the printer or the racing Sec't himself mistakenly omitted ( Races won for less not considered).
This is a typical condition listed for claiming races where horses that have won more times than the limit written have won vs cheaper company.
For example, let's say the race is for $10k claimers at 1 mile. The allowances are Non winners of a race sine a certain date are allowed 2 lbs and a "have never won more than 3 races"....Most often the condition ( races where entered for less than $10k not considered)....Now correct me if I am incorrect but a horse in this $10k claimer has say 5 LT wins but three vs oh, $7500 or lower claimers, these wins are not considered in today's race condition, correct?

thespaah
09-25-2011, 11:07 PM
If you don't understand them don't bet them. These loopholes are spelled out in every condition book. You should really read them or at least understand what kind of horse you are betting on.
Spot on!! I use these so-called loopholes as a handicapping tool.
I use horses who've won multiple times vs somewhat cheaper company in these type races because those horses know how to win..I see little difference between for example a $30 claimer and a $22,500 claimer. Unless the $30k claiming race has several drop downs in it, I will consider a horse that has won multiple times over a more expensive horse that has won once or twice.
Can a $30k claimer run faster than a $20 or $25k claimer? Maybe. Are those more expensive horses THAT much faster? Not really? I place more value on horses that know how to win.

turninforhome10
09-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Spot on!! I use these so-called loopholes as a handicapping tool.
I use horses who've won multiple times vs somewhat cheaper company in these type races because those horses know how to win..I see little difference between for example a $30 claimer and a $22,500 claimer. Unless the $30k claiming race has several drop downs in it, I will consider a horse that has won multiple times over a more expensive horse that has won once or twice.
Can a $30k claimer run faster than a $20 or $25k claimer? Maybe. Are those more expensive horses THAT much faster? Not really? I place more value on horses that know how to win.
Yes
I remember one time while racing in Iowa a horse shipped from the Brown County Fair is SD. Brown County Fair was not recognized and for that matter did not have chart callers, so when looking at the DRF the races were not even on the form. The horse won 2 races and came into today's maiden race at 25-1 with no form showing unless you were looking at Equibase. The horse won for fun and paid 52.00. The condition stated that races for less than 3500 were not considered for eligibility.

Elliott Sidewater
09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
That one is a BEAUT, sounds like a reason not to play what is it, Prairie Meadows? Obviously not too many people saw the Equibase PPs. Almost as good as running a ringer............ah yes, the county fair shipper, the refugee from the leaky roof circuit in Montana, the Arapahoe shipper coming down from altitude to steal the money at Arlington, those are the good old days when a betting coup was done with artistry and flair:D:D

turninforhome10
09-26-2011, 08:35 PM
That one is a BEAUT, sounds like a reason not to play what is it, Prairie Meadows? Obviously not too many people saw the Equibase PPs. Almost as good as running a ringer............ah yes, the county fair shipper, the refugee from the leaky roof circuit in Montana, the Arapahoe shipper coming down from altitude to steal the money at Arlington, those are the good old days when a betting coup was done with artistry and flair:D:D

Those were the days, in my twenties, single with a lake house and always looking for scheme at AK-Sar-Ben.

Robert Goren
09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Those were the days, in my twenties, single with a lake house and always looking for scheme at AK-Sar-Ben.There were at least a couple big priced winners at Aksarben each year in the 60s and 70s that had run in races at "outlaw" tracks in Kansas that did not appear in the DRF.