PDA

View Full Version : Phantom holding call

headhawg
09-25-2011, 08:01 PM
On that beautiful fake punt return by the Bears, where was the holding? That return would have cut the lead to 3 (if the extra point was made). The Bears weren't going to win this game and didn't deserve to but that was as blatant a phantom call as I have ever seen.

And on a general note, I don't recall the officiating being as awful as it has been the last three weeks. Ever.

cj
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
On that beautiful fake punt return by the Bears, where was the holding? That return would have cut the lead to 3 (if the extra point was made). The Bears weren't going to win this game and didn't deserve to but that was as blatant a phantom call as I have ever seen.

And on a general note, I don't recall the officiating being as awful as it has been the last three weeks. Ever.

Well, to be fair, the flag was coming in already when the guy was picked up on the camera. So if something happened, it was called before it was seen on film.

wisconsin
09-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Not much worse than the no-call on Woodson getting in Hester's way on an earlier pass play.

Sometimes I wonder if the refs bet these games.........

Striker
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Not much worse than the no-call on Woodson getting in Hester's way on an earlier pass play.

Sometimes I wonder if the refs bet these games.........
That was a ridiculous no call.

dav4463
09-25-2011, 11:31 PM
It is a hard game to call. No one ever mentions when the refs get a tough decision right. I think instant replay hurts more than anything. Sometimes they are afraid to make a quick decision for fear of being overturned by replay.

Valuist
09-26-2011, 12:36 PM
The refs were terrible in the Bears/Packers game. But even as a Bears fan, at no point did I feel they were the better team. They just aren't at that level. And they've also been passed by Detroit.