PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

Tom
09-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Aw, he is not happy.
Thinks he is always on the ground and never gets calls.
Aw, poor baby.

Grow a set, Mickey...these aren't dog your playing with now - these are men.

Not up to it, dog? :lol:

A whining cry-baby - just what the league needs.

dav4463
09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I never saw Joe Namath, John Unitas, Lenny Dawson, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Roman Gabriel, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, etc....etc... complain that the defense was too hard on them! Those guys took some unbelievable hits in their day that would be a fine and suspension today, not to mention a penalty!

Ted Hendricks once hit Joe Namath so hard he broke his cheek bone! Namath just came up smiling and kept on playing!

bigmack
09-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I wasn't 'up to speed' with the horrific level of his deeds until recently. Wow.

elysiantraveller
09-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Call it whining, hell, call it whatever you want.

The fact is Michael Vick takes lots of shots that other quarterbacks routinely get flags on. This was a big thing last year that the media covered for about the last six games of the season.

cj
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM

The fact is Michael Vick takes lots of shots that other quarterbacks routinely get flags on. This was a big thing last year that the media covered for about the last six games of the season.

Other quarterbacks don't play like running backs.

Valuist
09-26-2011, 09:40 AM

Maybe the Philadelphia media covered it a lot. The rest of the country didn't care.

Karma is a bitch.

DigitalDownsJoe
09-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Im just happy I traded him 3 days before sunday in my fantasy league. I swore I would never even draft his candy ass, but I couldnt resist as he slid all the way to pick number 11..I got Phillip Rivers for him. I watched him all the back in college, and you rarely see him slide or duck out of bounds. He will even take a little hit on the sidelines for an extra yard or two. I dont think he has much brains at all. He cant read NFL Blitz packages, he cant audible worth anything, and he certainly is like talking to a 8 year old in interviews. I wish the NFL wouldnt showcase him so much, he is far from a role model, and although probably the most athletic quarterback in the NFL, what has he really ever done in this league? His greatest achievement in football was getting his butt wooped by FSU in the national championship! :)

pktruckdriver
09-26-2011, 10:20 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA

patrick

elysiantraveller
09-26-2011, 10:44 AM

I agree that's why he doesn't get the calls, but on the play he was injured on yesterday, every other qb in the league gets a 15 for that. He doesn't. I know some people will never like guy and I don't fault them for that but Vick has a legitimate gripe here.

elysiantraveller
09-26-2011, 10:51 AM
what has he really ever done in this league?

He was the first QB ever to defeat the Packers at home in the postseason.

ManU918
09-26-2011, 11:10 AM
I never saw Joe Namath, John Unitas, Lenny Dawson, Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, Roman Gabriel, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, etc....etc... complain that the defense was too hard on them! Those guys took some unbelievable hits in their day that would be a fine and suspension today, not to mention a penalty!

Ted Hendricks once hit Joe Namath so hard he broke his cheek bone! Namath just came up smiling and kept on playing!

Were in 2011 now not 1950. The game is totally different.

ManU918
09-26-2011, 11:11 AM

Vicks scrambling ability has nothing to do with being hit late in the pocket. If Vick is in the pocket and gets hit late, then there should be a flag thrown. Any other QB that took the hit that he took when he broke his hand would of been marching 15 yards down the field.

ManU918
09-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe the Philadelphia media covered it a lot. The rest of the country didn't care.

Karma is a bitch.

The karma argument went out the window when he was allowed back in the league then scored a 100 million dollar contract. If you don't like the guy on a personal level that is fine, but unfortunately that has nothing to do with penalties that aren't being called.

Valuist
09-26-2011, 11:51 AM
He was the first QB ever to defeat the Packers at home in the postseason.

The Packers lost to the Atlanta Falcons, not one individual. Yes, Vick had a good game and I remember watching that game in the snow, but it still a team game.

Valuist
09-26-2011, 11:53 AM
The karma argument went out the window when he was allowed back in the league then scored a 100 million dollar contract. If you don't like the guy on a personal level that is fine, but unfortunately that has nothing to do with penalties that aren't being called.

Have you seen Jay Cutler? He's been hit a lot more times than Vick. CJ is right, when you play QB like Vick, you are going to take a lot of hard hits. When you hold onto the ball a long time, you are going to take a lot of hard hits. See Cutler, see Roethlisberger, see Vick. And when you get rid of the ball in a hurry, you have a chance to play 13 years without missing a start.

Are for my feelings on Vick, I had no problem with him being allowed back into the league. He served his time. The karma comment was more about the officials, and whether Vick would be the beneficiary if there were perceived to be "borderline calls".

Valuist
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Reid said today that Vick's hand is NOT broken after all. Just a bone bruise.

Have to expect he will start in week 4.

elysiantraveller
09-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Have you seen Jay Cutler? He's been hit a lot more times than Vick. CJ is right, when you play QB like Vick, you are going to take a lot of hard hits. When you hold onto the ball a long time, you are going to take a lot of hard hits. See Cutler, see Roethlisberger, see Vick. And when you get rid of the ball in a hurry, you have a chance to play 13 years without missing a start.

Are for my feelings on Vick, I had no problem with him being allowed back into the league. He served his time. The karma comment was more about the officials, and whether Vick would be the beneficiary if there were perceived to be "borderline calls".

I agree with you on all three of those guys.

Thats why I have no problem with Michael Vick saying what he did. The rule is rigorously enforced with all the marquee QB's in the league and not so much with guys like Vick, Cutler, and Roethlisberger.

I also have a problem with media like ESPN trying their damnedest to turn it into a race issue. Its not. Some QB's in the league are allowed to get pummelled and some aren't and its unfair... Thats the only point being made by Michael Vick and its a valid one.

Taking hits isn't really the issue. The league not enforcing its rules consistently is.

Valuist
09-26-2011, 02:23 PM

Thats why I have no problem with Michael Vick saying what he did. The rule is rigorously enforced with all the marquee QB's in the league and not so much with guys like Vick, Cutler, and Roethlisberger.

I also have a problem with media like ESPN trying their damnedest to turn it into a race issue. Its not. Some QB's in the league are allowed to get pummelled and some aren't and its unfair... Thats the only point being made by Michael Vick and its a valid one.

Taking hits isn't really the issue. The league not enforcing its rules consistently is.

Where do we draw the line at "marquee QBs? I agree Cutler is NOT one, but arguably both Vick and Roethlisberger are. Vick isn't under anyone's radar, and with 2 rings and 3 Super Bowl appearances, I'd have to say Big Ben qualifies.

elysiantraveller
09-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Where do we draw the line at "marquee QBs? I agree Cutler is NOT one, but arguably both Vick and Roethlisberger are. Vick isn't under anyone's radar, and with 2 rings and 3 Super Bowl appearances, I'd have to say Big Ben qualifies.

I'm not trying to turn this into a semantics discussion. The point is the rules are in place to protect quarterbacks and they aren't applied evenly. Thats it...

I personally hate Ben Roethlisberger with every fabric of my being, that being said, he takes lots of shots that other quarterbacks would get flags on. The rules are ambiguous and suspect in their application. Michael Vick has every right to draw attention to the fact he gets blown up repeatedly.

Tom
09-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Whining to the cameras is so manly.

thaskalos
09-27-2011, 12:37 AM

Agreed!

But isn't it just a bit ironic that it should be MICHAEL VICK who has stood up to complain about the improper enforcement of rules?

bigmack
09-27-2011, 12:47 AM
isn't it just a bit ironic that it should be MICHAEL VICK who has stood up to complain about the improper enforcement of rules?
Ironic? I was thinking more pathetic.

newtothegame
09-27-2011, 01:56 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA

patrick

By the way Patrick...how's Reggie Bush working out for ya....??? lol
And unfreaking believable, we got SPROLES ........lol

newtothegame
09-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Vicks scrambling ability has nothing to do with being hit late in the pocket. If Vick is in the pocket and gets hit late, then there should be a flag thrown. Any other QB that took the hit that he took when he broke his hand would of been marching 15 yards down the field.

Disagree......BECAUSE of VICK's Running style, referee's are more likely to give him a chance to break out of the pocket. So, he may take a shot or two more. But, how many times has he broken out of the grasp and ran for like thirty yards?
So should the refs just blow the play dead if a defender gets near him?
Then Mike would be bitching he doesnt have the ability to run......
sheeze!

PhantomOnTour
09-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Vick is a playmaker and can do many things other QB's cannot, but durability is always going to be an issue with him...he's very small.
I just can't see him winning a playoff game in sub 20 degree weather. He may be better off with a road game in a dome vs Atlanta or New Orleans.

Major difference between Sproles and Reggie Bush is that Sproles doesn't mess around...dude heads upfield with quick & efficient moves, not across the field with those violent cuts & cutbacks.
It's like Bush wants to fake out every single defender on the other team while Sproles just wants to fake out the guy in front of him.

llegend39
09-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Reid said today that Vick's hand is NOT broken after all. Just a bone bruise.

Have to expect he will start in week 4.

I wish somebody would break his hand, arm, both legs. Better yet lock him in a room with hungry pit bulls and let him whine that there is no one there to protect him Hope he rots in hell

Canarsie
09-27-2011, 08:15 AM
I wish somebody would break his hand, arm, both legs. Better yet lock him in a room with hungry pit bulls and let him whine that there is no one there to protect him Hope he rots in hell

While I wouldn't go that far it really understates that there is hardly any mention of what he did and served time for in most media outlets. This really shocks me because there are so many dog lovers in this great country of ours. Forgiveness is an American trait.

As with most statistics they can be used by most sides. Vick does take a beating but he has drawn more flags than any other quarterback in the league. I think all referee's need to go back to school in the off season and try to interpret the rule uniformly. The call in the Oakland-Jets game could have been the worst I have ever seen regarding this type of penalty.

It might slow down the game a bit but its getting so bad the head coach should get one challenge flag to dispute a penalty call also. The holding call on a punt return for a touchdown was a total joke. It might show up the officiating team but won't have tons of people scratching their heads over phantom calls.

elysiantraveller
09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Vick is a playmaker and can do many things other QB's cannot, but durability is always going to be an issue with him...he's very small.
I just can't see him winning a playoff game in sub 20 degree weather. He may be better off with a road game in a dome vs Atlanta or New Orleans.

As I pointed out earlier, he has already done that.

elysiantraveller
09-27-2011, 10:28 AM
While I wouldn't go that far it really understates that there is hardly any mention of what he did and served time for in most media outlets. This really shocks me because there are so many dog lovers in this great country of ours. Forgiveness is an American trait.

You are kidding right? It was a huge deal when he came out and got signed. Even today nobody makes excuses for his behavior. This board is a good gauge of how people feel about him. People who accept that he has served his punishment and are giving him a chance to redeem himself, and those who will never forgive him and despise him to this day. Some will never forgive him and that's fine with me but I, as a dog owner, think he served his punishment and respect him for making the absolute most out of a second chance.

PhantomOnTour
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
As I pointed out earlier, he has already done that.
Win in sub 20 temps?...wrong. The game in Green Bay was played at an unseasonably warm (according to the article) 31 degrees, and 31 ain't sub 20.
I stand by my statement.
We will find out again this year, if Philly makes the playoffs and he starts in rough conditions.

elysiantraveller
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Win in sub 20 temps?...wrong. The game in Green Bay was played at an unseasonably warm (according to the article) 31 degrees, and 31 ain't sub 20.
I stand by my statement.
We will find out again this year, if Philly makes the playoffs and he starts in rough conditions.

My bad didn't see the "sub" part.

Canarsie
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
You are kidding right? It was a huge deal when he came out and got signed. Even today nobody makes excuses for his behavior. This board is a good gauge of how people feel about him. People who accept that he has served his punishment and are giving him a chance to redeem himself, and those who will never forgive him and despise him to this day. Some will never forgive him and that's fine with me but I, as a dog owner, think he served his punishment and respect him for making the absolute most out of a second chance.

I meant now not when he signed 2 years ago. There was no huge public outcry when his new deal was announced.

So your agreeing with me where's the argument? The poster said "he should rot in hell" that was really the only negative thing said. You yourself stated I'm giving him a second chance. Is that not "forgiveness"?

elysiantraveller
09-27-2011, 11:26 AM
I meant now not when he signed 2 years ago. There was no huge public outcry when his new deal was announced.

So your agreeing with me where's the argument? The poster said "he should rot in hell" that was really the only negative thing said. You yourself stated I'm giving him a second chance. Is that not "forgiveness"?

Might have misread your post... Using a phone is apparently not a good way to read the forum...

I think the new contract thing works for both sides and it was heavily discussed on most sports talk. People rooting for him don't care because they feel he earned it and those that won't forgive him just get more angered. Hence the rot in hell, hope he gets injured, he's filth, blah blah that's been posted here.

llegend39
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
From the NY Post:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/New-York-Post-cover-depicts-Michael-Vick-as-a-ba?urn=nfl-wp8081

Valuist
09-19-2012, 11:35 AM
67 QB rating, 3-6 TD/INT ratio and averaging 3.9 yards/carry. In the words of ZZ Top, he's bad....he's nationwide (bad).