PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Special Program form type

Flysofree
09-25-2011, 10:00 AM
It would only list the essentials Horse Name, Jockey Trainer Morning Line

At he bottom it would have a place to write in the winning payoffs WPS, Ex tri.

In anything like this out there?

aaron
09-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Bris has a traditional program that should do the job.

raybo
09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
If you are familiar with Excel spreadsheets, or any spreadsheet application that will open text files, and have a version of it on your computer, you could use Brisnet's "Early Track Data" data file to create what you want, leaving room below each race for results information.

These data files can be opened in any version of Excel, as there are plenty of columns to accommodate all the fields in the data file.

Simply download and unzip the data file to a convenient place on your computer, then open Excel, click the "File" menu item, or click the round icon at the top left corner of Excel 2007 or Excel 2010, and select "Open", then navigate to the data file you want to open. Follow the "Wizard" to open the file.

Once the file is in Excel you can simply reference the desired data cells in a separate area of the worksheet and design it to appear the way you want it.

raybo
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Here's the link for the file format for the "ETD" data files, showing the field locations for each data item:

Early Track Data (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=etdformat)

raybo
09-25-2011, 11:09 AM
If you need help, holler.

raybo
09-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Here's a link to a sample of the "Traditional Program" that Aaron mentioned, might suffice for your needs, and it's free!!

Traditional Program (http://www.brisnet.com/samples/tpp.pdf)

Flysofree
09-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Here's a link to a sample of the "Traditional Program" that Aaron mentioned, might suffice for your needs, and it's free!!

Traditional Program (http://www.brisnet.com/samples/tpp.pdf)

That form cost $1.00 per track/ per day. It is pretty much what I'm looking for, minus the price.

Excel is too complicated for me.

I appreciate the response..Thanks

raybo
09-25-2011, 11:39 AM
That form cost $1.00 per track/ per day. It is pretty much what I'm looking for, minus the price.

Excel is too complicated for me.

I appreciate the response..Thanks

Sorry, I just noticed the price, I saw the free Adobe Acrobat notation. Still not a bad price.

If you want to try Excel, and the ETD data files, I can create a spreadsheet that will show the data you want.

Flysofree
09-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Can you tell me how to uninstall Nic's 4 CC changer? I can't find it in the ADD/remove programs

Flysofree
09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Virus -Trojan City!

raybo
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Virus -Trojan City!

Did you get it from one of the linked pages in this thread?

Flysofree
09-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Did you get it from one of the linked pages in this thread?

Yes

one of yours. Hijacked my homepage ...My bad!

raybo
09-25-2011, 10:07 PM
Yes

one of yours. Hijacked my homepage ...My bad!

I've checked all the links I posted and can't find anything wrong with any of them. They are all Brisnet pages.

Flysofree
09-26-2011, 04:50 AM
One of the links that I clicked on had a small tv screen (blacked out) on the left with instructions to click and download to see it. When I did that a bunch of stuff was added. There was a little radio..playing popular hits. There were numerous tabs for dictionary, encyclopedia, etc. I thought it looked good, but it went to Google for my home page and would not let me go back. There was a ton of stuff, video players and the like that I had to remove, before getting my computer back to normal. One scanner said the threat was severe... Hey I'm not making this stuff up.

Flysofree
09-26-2011, 06:14 AM
The name of it : TrojanJS-Iframeinject.M

raybo
09-26-2011, 07:21 AM
The name of it : TrojanJS-Iframeinject.M

Sorry you had the problem. I just can't see where it could have come from. All the links in this thread are good links and produce no blacked out video windows, they just display the pages as they should.

Perhaps the Trojan was already on your machine and was waiting for a particular event to happen to execute.

raybo
09-26-2011, 07:27 AM
By the way, I did some messing around with the ETD data files and put together a spreadsheet that produces this display:

JohnGalt1
09-26-2011, 05:02 PM

I, like you. would like a basic scratch sheet.

I use DRF entries. To save paper I use 75% screen size, but still takes 5-7 pages per card. It leaves room on the sides to write results and pay offs. I print in draft. Their older version used less paper.

Equibase under horsemans area has a scratch sheet, but no odds, and they are listed in post position order.

Bris and Equibase programs print out all conditions for each race and so waste too much paper. I have the conditions one my pp's that I download from Bris.

I wish Bris' PP Generator was able to print a simple scrach sheet.

aaron
09-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Bris has a Traditional Program with all the information,but for some reason they list horses in post position order. I don't know why they won't change to program number.

raybo
09-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Bris has a Traditional Program with all the information,but for some reason they list horses in post position order. I don't know why they won't change to program number.

Yeah, at least with the ETD files, in a spread sheet, you can use the saddle cloth numbers, instead of post position numbers, or you can list both numbers.

PaceAdvantage
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Perhaps the Trojan was already on your machine and was waiting for a particular event to happen to execute.This is probably what happened. I've heard from one or two people who claim to have gotten a virus from PaceAdvantage, when in fact no viruses exist here, nor have ever existed here. And I make sure to browse PA with a machine that is running no ACTIVE anti-virus or anti-spyware software just to make sure.

BombsAway Bob
09-27-2011, 11:37 PM

i wish every track would spend the time it takes to put out a Quality
Entry Sheet like Los Alamitos Does: i've used it to keep results, faves,
race notes, Final Furlong times, etc. for 3 & 1/2years now!
Last Saturday's Entry sheet~
http://www.losalamitos.com/Admin/pdfs/Entries/20110924.pdf