PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving

Jaguar
11-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Especially grateful to our military folks. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You are making it safe for us here at home and hopefully, through your brave efforts, the Middle East will stabilize.

The terrorists are bullies, and once they see that we mean business they will look at things a little differently. Kudos to George Bush for standing up for what is right.

Perhaps America is waking up and is finally acting to defend our country and our way of life.

America must be the fortress of freedom, strong and proud, a beacon to the defenseless and oppressed. We must defend our borders and defend our friends.

Shame on those Canadians, French, and Germans who want to give in to the terrorists. Apparently these cowards want to live as slaves, under the boot heel of radical Muslim murderers.

All The Best,

Jaguar

Suff
11-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Thanks Jag.. Same to you.

And to all. Happy Holidays.

Tom
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all, and enjoy the bird, the ball, and the betting. And the Bromo.:D

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2003, 01:15 AM
And does anyone know what they call Thanksgiving in England?

Dave Schwartz
11-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Thursday.

kenwoodallpromos
11-27-2003, 01:51 AM
I served 1981 to 1988. Also a direct ancestor, Steven Hopkins, was a Mayflower Pilgrim; first Englishman to be convicted of mutiny in North America (on way to Va, 1610's), first Englishman to have an offspring born in route to North America, first indian agent in Ma, first English American to be convicted of multiple criminal charges (white-collar crime!)!

Jaguar
11-27-2003, 02:16 AM
Ken, I was in Bermuda last year for Thanksgiving and saw the replica of the Sea Venture. As soon as I got home I re-read the whole amazing story.

After a dangerous life full of adventure, Hopkins died in England- of all places. A hot-head like that, you'd figure the Indians would have killed him in Virginia. They virtually wiped out the early "Smith's Hundred" group.

All The Best,

Jaguar

IRISHLADSTABLE
11-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Hello All,
Good Morning Everyone I Just Wanted To
Wish All Of You And Your families a Happy
And Safe Thanksgiving. To Our Military Personnel
You Are In Our Thoughts And prayers .
God Bless You All.

The Joyce Family

Tom
11-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Thursday.

Broke open the Wild Turkey a liitle early this year, eh???:eek:

lsbets
11-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

My wife was a little upset this morning, but I told her today is not the day to be upset. She can be upset next year when I am in Iraq for Thanksgiving, but today is for us to enjoy and cherish as a family.

Yesterday put some things in perspective for me, so all I will say is treasure the moments you get to spend with those you love on days like today!

VetScratch
11-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Dave,
And does anyone know what they call Thanksgiving in England?I went to school with an American Indian who claims the Indians had observed what we call Thanksgiving for centuries... his version is that the Indians thought they were feeding the homeless on the date we call the First Thanksgiving.

Tom
11-28-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by VetScratch
Dave,
I went to school with an American Indian who claims the Indians had observed what we call Thanksgiving for centuries... his version is that the Indians thought they were feeding the homeless on the date we call the First Thanksgiving.

Sooo.....
The Pilgrims were democrates?????:rolleyes:

Bubbles
11-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Hope everyone had a happy and safe Turkey Day.

For me, at least, one thing comes to mind. WKRP in Cincinnatti, Thanksgiving episode. Here's Les Nessman with the call...

"The helicopter's circling the parking area now, guess it's looking for a place to land...Something just came out of the back of a helicopter! A dark object, perhaps a skydiver. There's a second, and a third...No parachutes yet. I can't tell just yet what they are...

OH MY GOD, THEY'RE TURKEYS! Can you get this? They're crashing to the earth right in front of my eyes. One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh my, the, the turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! The crowd..."

(Dead)

Johnny Fever: "Les, les, are you there? Les isn't there. Thanks for that on-the-spot report, Les. For those of who who just tuned in, the Pinedal Shopping Mall has just been bombed by live turkeys! Film at 11."

Arthur Carlson (RIP Gordon Jump): "As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

VetScratch
11-28-2003, 11:09 PM
Bubbles,

That WKRP episode bit is widely acclaimed as a classic that rivals the Dead Parrot skit by MP. Especially so since none of the actors had to step out of character to pull it off... perfect comedy.

I can't stop smiling! :) :) :) :)

Dave Schwartz
11-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Tom,

Don't you mean the Indians were democrats?

The Pilgrims were illegal aliens. <G>

Dave

kenwoodallpromos
11-29-2003, 02:06 AM
Let me know if you find a pix! Illegal aliens- actually, the indians had no law against Europeans coming to their shores.