PDA

View Full Version : Moblization orders

lsbets
11-26-2003, 11:07 AM
I want to let everyone know that I just received moblization orders to go to Iraq. I want to take a quick opportunity to say goodbye for now to all on the board because I don't know what my schedule is going to be like in the coming weeks and I don't know what kind of internet access I will have over there. I will be trying my best to get on the board because I really enjoy the converstaions here. I am supposed to report to Ft. Jackson SC on Dec 4th, so I probably won't be on much from now till then.

See everyone soon and pick some winners for me!

BillW
11-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Best of luck ls.

Bill

JustRalph
11-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Good Luck and Godspeed.............

Larry Hamilton
11-26-2003, 11:34 AM
If you have to, STEAL a cleaning rod and a gallon of LSA. At times they are hard to come by and M16 jams easily. The cleaning rod serves double duty: extract the stuck round/brass and cleaning. If you are left handed, get one of those gizmos that deflects the brass or you will have a shirt full of hot brass. If you wear glasses, go to the glasses store and get those special cleaning rags. Next to wet toilet paper, sweat-streamed glasses were the hardest to put up with.

And, never forget, you are America's finest!

LurkingBettor
11-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Stay safe and get back soon......Lone Star will be firing up in 4 months!

LB

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Jeff,

You are a captain, right?

What can you tell us about your deployment?

Hopefully, you can keep in touch with us.

Be safe.

With respect for your patriotism and sense of duty,
Dave Schwartz

ceejay
11-26-2003, 12:23 PM
Be safe out there IS.

Dave Schwartz
11-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Ceejay,

Actually, he is "LSbets." LS = Lonestar.

I made the same mistake.

Dave

so.cal.fan
11-26-2003, 12:47 PM
LSBETS:
Please keep in touch with us when you can.
We'll all be thinking about you.

PS to GOD
Take care of him!:)

ceejay
11-26-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
Ceejay,

Actually, he is "LSbets." LS = Lonestar.

I made the same mistake.

Dave

Oops.

lsbets
11-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks for all of the thoughts. I reacted like pretty much any soldier would, I started drinking at 11 this morning.

Yes Dave, I am a Captain. This is what I know right now. I have to go to South Carolina on next week for Soldier Readiness Processing. Then I come home until the end of January, so I have about 6 weeks to get everything in order on the homefront, which is much better than I thought this morning. In January I go to Ft Knox for the 3 month train up, and then I go to Iraq for 12 months.

I will be over there with a medium truck company. That is all that I know. I assume that we will be running supply convoys, so that 3 months training is absolutely invaluable. My job is to train my soldiers to survive on the battlefield and accomlpish their mission, and to bring them home alive and well to their families.

People at work were asking me how I feel, if I was surprised. Since Spetember 11th, the possibility of a call up has always been out there, and I have been ready to deal with it. I feel bad for my wife, she met me after I left active duty in 1999, so she never expected to be an Army wife. Guess what honey?

The only part of it that bothers me is that I will be going to Iraq right around my son's second borthday. I guess I'll miss the terrible twos.

The one thing that I heard from a couple of people at work was something resembling pity "I'm so sorry". I know that is a normal human reaction, but don't feel sorry for me (and no one here has expressed anything like that, so thank you). I volunteered for the Army. I volunteered to be an officer. I volunteered to go to Kuwait and Bosnia when I was active. I volunteered to stay in the Reserves when I left active duty so that I would be available when my country needed me. It has been hard sitting on the sidelines watching while the rest of the team was in the game. I know the people who have been in can relate to that emotion. I promised my wife I would not volunteer to go, but she knew that if the call came I wouldn't hesitate. Okay, so I've been drinkiing for the last 5 hours and now I am rambling. Now that I have a clearer picture, I can say that I will still be around for a while. Maybe I can get over to CD when I am Knox. Plus, they have a track in Baghdad. Do you think I can get accurate Past Performances for those horses?

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2003, 06:43 PM
Keep Safe LS, and THANK YOU!

Tom
11-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Say safe, come back asap.
I salute you and know that your name will be mentioned in many prayers.

Many, many, people appreciate what you are doing for us all.
Stand tall, sir!

cato
11-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Stay safe...and come back soon ... you are a hero

Cato

mezmac
11-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Thank You LS!

Shacopate
11-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Pace Advantage Board Members,

We should get together and send this guy some "really cool shit"
while he's deployed, much like the "care packages" that come in.

It's easy to do.

JustRalph
11-28-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Shacopate
Pace Advantage Board Members,

We should get together and send this guy some "really cool shit"
while he's deployed, much like the "care packages" that come in.

It's easy to do.

Great Suggestion............. Keep us up to date LS......

boxcar
11-28-2003, 12:05 PM
To the majority of us on this forum, LS, you are counted as a hero -- putting yourself in harm's way to protect our liberties and all American values. As Tom said, you'll be remembered often in our prayers, including this writer's. May it please the good Lord to bring you back safely to your loved ones and to us.

Warmest regards,
Boxcar