PDA

View Full Version : Error Message at PTC website

trying2win
09-23-2011, 05:42 PM
When I go to the PREMIER TURF CLUB website lately, and click on the 'MY RATES' link...it reads 'ERROR 403 FORBIDDEN'. Anyone other PA members who have an account at PTC getting that error message too? Seems kind of strange. I'm just curious. Will wait to see if any other account holders reply here, before I contact PTC.

Thanks,

T2W

cj
09-23-2011, 05:44 PM
It worked fine for me just now.

trying2win
09-23-2011, 05:53 PM
CJ:

Thanks for the fast reply. Interesting....hmmm. Would be nice to know why that link doesn't work for me.

T2W

trying2win
09-25-2011, 03:29 AM
I phoned PTC yesterday afternoon. The young lady who answered the phone tried to fix the 'RATES' problem. No luck. Then she let me talk to a supervisor. He attempted to fix the problem too. Again no luck. Then he said something like he would have to talk with their computer techs. That's the good news. I felt some hope. The bad news...the supervisor said their computer techs were unavailable yesterday afternoon. The reason....they are located in an Asian country, and it would have been after midnight sometime there the following day.

So in conclusion...so much for another "true American" company. I just checked a few minutes ago to see if the problem was finally fixed...nope! I guess by the time their Asian computer techs woke up, they didn't have time to correct my problem because they're too busy working on some more important problems for PTC, or ?

It's not a major problem, but it could have been if it had been something like not being able to gain access to the PTC website at all yesterday afternoon to make some bets. How would PTC tackle that kind of dilemma if their Asian computer techs were asleep because of the time difference between the two countries? That's another good reason to have a second ADW or racebook handy, just in case you can't gain access to one of your betting companies for sending in your wagers when you want to.

T2W

JimG
09-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Did you try to use another web browser to see if you still had the issue?

Jim

trying2win
09-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Did you try to use another web browser to see if you still had the issue?

Jim

Jim:

Yes, I thought of that possibility. Normally I use Opera, but tried Internet Explorer 8. I still get the same error message. Nevertheless, thanks for your suggestion.

Sometimes just changing the browser though, just like you mentioned does solve some computer problems. One example is the Win Amp media player when I try to play some videos. I find it is not very compatible with Opera, but works just fine with many other internet browsers.

T2W

trying2win
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
It took PTC 4 days to get the 'RATES' error fixed, but to their credit they finally got it done. Thank you.

Despite PTC'S declaration on their home page of 'SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE', which in this case seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, PTC still gets more :ThmbUp: points than :ThmbDown: points from me. They certainly deserve more accolades than the dictating tightwads at HPI for example, when it comes to comparing rebate rates. As a Canadian resident, I'm not obligated to mainly bet through HPI. It's nice to have choices.

T2W

------------------------------------------------------------------------
~""We need to make a game out of earning money. There is so much good we can do with money. Without it, we are bound and shackled and our choices become limited."

--Bob Proctor