PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Brown R I P

cj's dad
09-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Just reported here that the Big "O" has passed away. 40 years old.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowOr20.htm

Valuist
09-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I wonder what happened to him from 2000-2002. If you look at the link, you see played up to 1999, then not again til 2003.

At 360 lbs I'm guessing it was heart related.

cj's dad
09-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I wonder what happened to him from 2000-2002. If you look at the link, you see played up to 1999, then not again til 2003.

At 360 lbs I'm guessing it was heart related.

Freak injury where he was hit in the eye with a refs penalty flag- detached a retina I believe. He received a few million from the NFL which he used to open his Phat Burger franchises in the Md.-DC area.

Valuist
09-23-2011, 03:20 PM
OK, I remember that now. Forgot that was him.

ManU918
09-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Freak injury where he was hit in the eye with a refs penalty flag- detached a retina I believe. He received a few million from the NFL which he used to open his Phat Burger franchises in the Md.-DC area.

He actually settled on $25 million.

cj's dad
09-23-2011, 06:54 PM
He actually settled on $25 million.

He received far less than that.

BTW- A friends mother lives in the same development "Harbor View" and there was "crime scene" tape around his townhome.

Stay tuned.

Dave Schwartz
09-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Dad, I must say, you don't miss much.

:ThmbUp:

cj's dad
09-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Dad, I must say, you don't miss much.

:ThmbUp:

Dave,

I knew him, He was a very nice guy, Something has been going on in the last 3-4 months.

I hope that has nothing to do with the crime scene tapes. May he be remembered as a really nice person, which he was.

God bless O !

cj's dad
09-24-2011, 05:56 PM
From the Baltimore Sun

The cause of death hasn't been determined, and an autopsy is pending. City police and fire officials confirmed that they were at the former player's apartment at the HarborView complex in South Baltimore and there were no signs of foul play or suspicious activity, police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

Official said "preliminary reports did not suggest a crime scene," though four hours later the street near the home was inaccessible and blocked off by crime scene tape.

Link:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-former-raven-orlando-brown-dies-0923,0,4517688.story

Robert Fischer
09-24-2011, 06:36 PM
so whats the cause of death?

people don't die from natural causes at 40, even behomoths with high mileage.

i guess i send good energy to any children or family he left behind.

not sure /looks like he may have missed the superbowl by a year with the freak "flag" accident...
either way sports fans can credit him for being a part of a winning culture there in baltimore. When a team decides to go and win it with the big men and the defense, the character of the men is sometimes overlooked. You had guys like Ray Lewis and then the big guys worked hard and were GAME behind him. That will be how his teammates from the champion team remember him.

cj's dad
09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
so whats the cause of death?

people don't die from natural causes at 40, even behomoths with high mileage.

i guess i send good energy to any children or family he left behind.

not sure /looks like he may have missed the superbowl by a year with the freak "flag" accident...
either way sports fans can credit him for being a part of a winning culture there in baltimore. When a team decides to go and win it with the big men and the defense, the character of the men is sometimes overlooked. You had guys like Ray Lewis and then the big guys worked hard and were GAME behind him. That will be how his teammates from the champion team remember him.

From the Baltimore Sun- Sept.25:

A Baltimore police spokesman says it will take some time to determine the cause of death for former Ravens offensive tackle Orlando "Zeus" Brown. Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Saturday that there were no obvious signs of trauma or foul play and no suspicious factors surrounding Brown's death. He said it might be weeks before the cause of death becomes clear. Brown was found dead Friday at his home near the Inner Harbor (http://www.baltimoresun.com/topic/travel/tourism-leisure/waterway-maritime-transportation/inner-harbor-PLTRA000101.topic). He was 40.

cj's dad
10-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Died from complications of diabetes.

Rookies
10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Sad, still. BIG man, D!

canleakid
10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
RIP Big O

about 72,000 Americans die from diabetes every year :(

Steve 'StatMan'
10-05-2011, 10:43 PM