PDA

View Full Version : The debate last night

Tom
09-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Best line of the night...."My next door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than the current administration."

Ah-ha moment of the night...Perry is a democrat!

ArlJim78
09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm voting for Herman Cain, I hope he's still in the race by the time our primary is held. He gets better and better with each debate. He's the only one up there that's not from the political sphere, he gives better answers, more direct and to the point answers than the others.

another observation about last night, the questions from the public on the youtube videos were by far better than any of the pablum offered up by the "pros" from CNN and MSDNC in the prior debates.

Sugar Ron
09-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Heard old has-been Gingrich said that he has a problem giving people money for doing nothing when the subject of unemployment compensation came up.

He must have a hell of a problem with the Republicans in Congress then ... since they get paid for basically doing nothing ... LOL

By the way, if someone would've told me ten years ago that the cons would nominate a mormon from Mass. in 2012, I would've told them to put down the bong and get some serious rest...

Tom
09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey Sugar Bear, how's that Fed action working out for ya? :lol::lol::lol:

hcap
09-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Ron, the TP'er audience for each debate makes the candidates on stage look like Nobel Laureates. (if that is possible? ).

Last night there was a Gi from Iraq:

Hill: "In 2010, when I was deployed to Iraq, I had to lie about who I was, because I'm a gay soldier, and I didn't want to lose my job.

"My question is, under one of your presidencies, do you intend to circumvent the progress that's been made for gay and lesbian soldiers in the military?"

(BOOING)from the crowd.

After each debate I begin more and more to think if the asinine audience is representative of who might be in office in 2012, I suspect the end of Western civilization. Like post French Revolution with Tom in charger of the guillotine :cool:

Mike at A+
09-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Heard old has-been Gingrich said that he has a problem giving people money for doing nothing when the subject of unemployment compensation came up.

He must have a hell of a problem with the Republicans in Congress then ... since they get paid for basically doing nothing ... LOL

By the way, if someone would've told me ten years ago that the cons would nominate a mormon from Mass. in 2012, I would've told them to put down the bong and get some serious rest...
Actually it's Democrats who are guilty of dereliction of duty. Case in point, Wisconsin. They ran away and hid like the little pussies they are to avoid voting which is what they're paid to do.

ArlJim78
09-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Ron, the TP'er audience for each debate makes the candidates on stage look like Nobel Laureates. (if that is possible? ).

Last night there was a Gi from Iraq:

Hill: "In 2010, when I was deployed to Iraq, I had to lie about who I was, because I'm a gay soldier, and I didn't want to lose my job.

"My question is, under one of your presidencies, do you intend to circumvent the progress that's been made for gay and lesbian soldiers in the military?"

(BOOING)from the crowd.

After each debate I begin more and more to think if the asinine audience is representative of who might be in office in 2012, I suspect the end of Western civilization. Like post French Revolution with Tom in charger of the guillotine :cool:
It was Bill Clintons policy, are you calling him an ass?
People that booed were booing the change in policy, not gay people.

horses4courses
09-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Was there a debate?

hcap
09-23-2011, 11:10 AM
It was Bill Clintons policy, are you calling him an ass?
People that booed were booing the change in policy, not gay people.The booing was for a gay GI.

During the two previous debates the audience applauded executions, and an uninsured man dying.

You gentlemen keep strange company

Tom
09-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Man, you sure do whine a lot!

Maybe they booed because gay rights is NOT a key issue.
We don't bother with wedge issues.

Talk about hutspah! The DEMS implemented DADT and then when they get rid of it, try to blame the repubs and make it seem like they are the great liberators! :lol::lol:

FantasticDan
09-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Debate fact check:

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-slippery-assertions-gop-debate-032527744.html

lsbets
09-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Once again the truth is no friend to Hcap:

Blogger Sarah Rumpf, who was (unlike reporters) in the room where candidates debated last night, reports on the goings-on when some churls booed a gay soldier's video.

The person who booed was just a few rows in front of us. The booing got an immediate and angry reaction from nearly everyone sitting around him, who hissed and shushed at him. Lots of loud gasps, "Shhhh!" "No!" "Shut up, you idiot!" etc.

There was a concrete floor beneath all of our chairs. Ever been in a metal shop or warehouse with a concrete floor? Certain sounds can really resonate on that kind of surface.

Yes, let's not go through another round of this. A boo is not "a crowd booing." There were two more relevant issues with the way the question was handled.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2011/09/23/the_truth_about_the_boos.html

Tom
09-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Debate fact check:

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-slippery-assertions-gop-debate-032527744.html

That is why I said he was a democrat. :D

Sugar Ron
09-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Didn't get a chance, hcap, to catch this latest illustrious moment for a con audience at a GOP debate since Thursday night is the long session at the gym.

I'll check out the video later

Let me guess, tho, none of the dolts standing up on the stage had the courage to call out the booing pinheads ... LOL

Tom
09-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Didn't have to Sugarless....the audience did it for them.
Unlike the audience of Union thugs or the Big Jerk recently.

Lefty
09-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Ton, that best line of the night was lifted from Rush Limbaugh who said something similar on his radio program the day of the debate.
Well, when you steal from Rush, you steal "pearls"

hcap
09-23-2011, 02:49 PM
.....There was a concrete floor beneath all of our chairs. Ever been in a metal shop or warehouse with a concrete floor? Certain sounds can really resonate on that kind of surface.

Yes, let's not go through another round of this. A boo is not "a crowd booing." There were two more relevant issues with the way the question was handled.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2011/09/23/the_truth_about_the_boos.htmlActualy I am glad to hear it was not the whole crowd. I did not watch all of the debate, but that I heard. It sounded like it was many. And I'm sure it sounded that way to others.

Ok so I stand corrected.

What about the other 2 dorkish debates?
What about the cheering for executions in Texas, and the death of the hypothetical uninsured man?

Concrete floors? Again.

Sorry, you lose 2 out of 3, and by the time we get finished with all the rethug debates, I guarantee you will lose quite a bit more betting on the strange blood thirsty audience at these gatherings.

Btw, check ot my anti-19th century captains of industry posts on the What percentage of your earnings do you think is fair to pay in Federal Taxes? thread.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1163917#post1163917

I wonder how you defend all those John Galts who employed all those 12 year-olds ? I thought that surely the Invisible Hand would have slapped 'em down before those assholes became a national disgrace..I guess the free market is sometimes more free for the owners of the sweatshop than those who actually work in the sweatshop? Or did that only apply to the coal mines?

hcap
09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Ton, that best line of the night was lifted from Rush Limbaugh who said something similar on his radio program the day of the debate.
Well, when you steal from Rush, you steal "pearls"Hey box? Isn't there something in the bible about stealing PEARLS from SWINE?

Lefty
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
h'cap, Rush sits on more brains than you'll ever have. So go climb a long rope...

hcap
09-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Didn't get a chance, hcap, to catch this latest illustrious moment for a con audience at a GOP debate since Thursday night is the long session at the gym.

I'll check out the video later

Let me guess, tho, none of the dolts standing up on the stage had the courage to call out the booing pinheads ... LOLYou called it. :lol:
Doesn't appear that any one of the Dorks on stage told the boo-ers to cram it. Then again probably the biggest Dork took the question

BiXhKJqen-A

FantasticDan
09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
"Rush sits on more brains.."?

http://www.coopernundrums.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/head-up-ass.jpg

Oh, right.. good call. :ThmbUp:

hcap
09-23-2011, 03:07 PM
"Rush sits on more brains.."?

http://www.coopernundrums.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/head-up-ass.jpg

Oh, right.. good call. :ThmbUp:You beat me to it. :bang:

Lefty, be a gent and post some more straight lines.

Lefty
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
H'cap you can just go and have a conjugal visit with yourself.
How's that?

hcap
09-23-2011, 03:23 PM
How's that?Calm down Lefty. We on the left deal with wise cracks all the time.

Speaking of wise CRACKS, BM is strangely absent. I guess he is busy trying to determine how much atmospheric temps have increased since he posted that famous chart from the 2 California weathermen.

Lefty
09-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes, h'cap, you have to deal with so much. Like the worst president in my lifetime. A president who is out there equating capital gains tax with federal
income tax. A president who has named his so called jobs bill after a man who owes a billion in taxes. Yes, that's a lot to deal with.

Sugar Ron
09-23-2011, 04:13 PM
You called it. :lol:
Doesn't appear that any one of the Dorks on stage told the boo-ers to cram it. Then again probably the biggest Dork took the question

BiXhKJqen-A

Unbelievable

Dude is active military.

Isn't this the political party which claims to be so supportive of the troops?

Party becomes more embarrassing by the day...

bigmack
09-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Breathtaking, this brain trust of hcrap, little Ronnie, & fandan. Panties in a bind over a boo. :lol:

Gather 'round for the photo boys.

http://heustess.com/pictures/gang29.jpg

boxcar
09-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Hey box? Isn't there something in the bible about stealing PEARLS from SWINE?

No, there isn't. Anymore brilliant questions? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
09-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Breathtaking, this brain trust of hcrap, little Ronnie, & fandan. Panties in a bind over a boo. :lol:

Gather 'round for the photo boys.

http://heustess.com/pictures/gang29.jpgI knew a little prodding would get you out from from watching non stop reruns of Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld. Did you know it was to be originally called Wasteland. I always wondered where you get your unfunny shtick. I guess that settles that.

Speaking of wise CRACKS, BM is strangely absent. I guess he is busy trying to determine how much atmospheric temps have increased since he posted that famous chart from the 2 California weathermen.

hcap
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey box? Isn't there something in the bible about stealing PEARLS from SWINE?

No, there isn't. Anymore brilliant questions?

Boxcar
One second, Lefty said El Gasbag was the source of pearls of wisdom. "Well, when you steal from Rush, you steal "pearls"

I am assuming you take exception to the "swine" part?

fast4522
09-23-2011, 08:52 PM
It is a sure thing that we have not peaked yet, its my bet the guy shown in the picture with head in anus will be Hcap after the 2012 Presidential election.

Tom
09-24-2011, 10:19 AM
How's that?

And now he can tell us about it! :lol:

Anyone else see the irony here? All this to-do about primary candidates who will never get into the race, but the left is silent of the failed economy, the market drop caused by Obama and Bernny opening their big mouths? No word on the UN snubbing of Obama, who was supposed to bring back the respect of the world and instead got his facebook account re-labeled ASS CLOWN. :lol:

toussaud
09-24-2011, 11:55 AM
so this is what goes on over here huh lol.

boxcar
09-24-2011, 12:54 PM
One second, Lefty said El Gasbag was the source of pearls of wisdom. "Well, when you steal from Rush, you steal "pearls"

I am assuming you take exception to the "swine" part?

Three questions, Einstein: Did you know that pigs are smart animals? Do you know that even the dumbest pig is smarter than you? Did you know that nearly all libs are swine, but it's not because they're smart? :rolleyes:

Boxcar