PDA

View Full Version : E-mail ?

canleakid
09-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Is there a free service or a way to find out who owns an e-mail address? any help would be great thanks

HUSKER55
09-21-2011, 11:57 AM
try going to smart computing web page and check the FAQ and other forums. you may be able to find out. just a thought.

GL :)

wilderness
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM
NONE, unless of course you have an "attorney in hand", and a bunch of money to spend.

In most instances (and especially within North America), it's difficult enough to determine the precise location (GEO IP) of internet providers range, due to the non-uniform separation of sub-net IP RANGES by many of the cable/phone providers (Comcast and Verizon are two examples).

Furthermore, the increased use of Firewalls (routers or otherwise) has reduced the effectiveness of the "ping or tracert" utilities.

njcurveball
09-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Google is everyone's "free" private detective. If you search on the email address you may come up with enough clues to find the name.

I just tried mine and from the sites and "clues" it would be pretty easy to figure out who I was if you knew me.

A more direct method would be to simply send them an email and say something like

"I am updating my address book and would like to put your name in it to remember who is associated with this e-mail."

Unless there is some "other" reason you want to know their name.

BOL!
Jim

canleakid
09-21-2011, 12:41 PM
TY

wilderness
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
A more direct method would be to simply send them an email and say something like

"I am updating my address book and would like to put your name in it to remember who is associated with this e-mail."

Anybody whom would answer any email inquiry similar to this without being aware of the person inquiring would be an absolute moron!

Why not just click on every link that is sent to you in an email (including all those AOL and Facebook hacked address book emails), without being aware of the source (person) whom sent the email.