PDA

View Full Version : so.cal.fan, how have you been misled?

mostpost
09-21-2011, 12:50 AM
So. Cal. Fan is a born again CONSERVATIVE. I voted Democratic in the 1990's and in 2000. I became a Conservative after 9/11 and reading this board. I realized I had been misled.

I copied this from the "Advice to Obama" thread because I am curious how you feel you were misled by democrats. I did not wish to take that thread further off track. So please tell me which Democratic policies you feel you were deceived by and why.

Also, you said that you voted Democratic in the 1990s and in 2000. Does that mean you were a Republican before that and were just returning to your roots?

cj's dad
09-21-2011, 09:01 AM
I copied this from the "Advice to Obama" thread because I am curious how you feel you were misled by democrats. I did not wish to take that thread further off track. So please tell me which Democratic policies you feel you were deceived by and why.

Also, you said that you voted Democratic in the 1990s and in 2000. Does that mean you were a Republican before that and were just returning to your roots?

That could take days.

Mike at A+
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Many years ago, I too voted Democrat. Through college and through the "drug years", I was convinced that the Democrat Party was "for the people" and that they were in favor of many of the things I was in favor of like the anti-war movement (during Vietnam), free love (what red blooded American 20-something didn't want to bang every young hot babe imaginable?) and the ability to toke up without being dragged off to a long jail term.

THEN I GREW UP.

I began to see the Democrat Party for what it is. Money for votes. Other people's money. MY money once I got into the work force. It became attractive for people to come here and start collecting checks for sitting on their asses and squirting out babies. And they were told that the checks they collected were compliments of the local Democrat Party. For a long time, I didn't vote at all. As I became more politically aware, I began to understand the scam run by Democrats and quickly found out that they weren't for the people but for themselves. They saw government as an easy check for life and all they had to do was appeal to the lowest of the low who also only cared about free money. Instant voter base. I saw myself putting in the 40 hour work week and getting a large chunk taken out in various taxes to support the lazy, the unmotivated and the cheats. But I never lost my ability to acknowledge that there were some people who through no fault of their own have fallen upon hard times and I always contributed to causes that helped those people to get back on their feet. Unfortunately the corruption of the Democrat Party was more interested in continuing to pay these people to REMAIN on the dole and vote Democrat in return for the free money. We see today through the constant class warfare drummed into the lower classes by the Democrat Party the notion that "the rich" are evil people and solely responsible for keeping them "poor". We also see Democrats demonizing success to these lower classes because they're an easy target and those in the lower classes usually don't have the education to ever realize the American dream. Instead they see lottery tickets as their only possible method of graduating to the group they were taught to despise (the rich). The 99.999999% of the ones who never strike it rich are content to sell their votes for the few crumbs they are thrown by the Democrat Party (even though it's at no cost to the Democrat Party).

woodtoo
09-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Ain't that the truth Mike.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Tom
09-21-2011, 10:52 AM
The first time
I voted, it was for McGovern.
The Watergate afraid turned me off politics and I did vote again.
Then Clinton won, and I knew I had to vote every time!

boxcar
09-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Many years ago, I too voted Democrat. Through college and through the "drug years", I was convinced that the Democrat Party was "for the people" and that they were in favor of many of the things I was in favor of like the anti-war movement (during Vietnam), free love (what red blooded American 20-something didn't want to bang every young hot babe imaginable?) and the ability to toke up without being dragged off to a long jail term.

THEN I GREW UP.

I began to see the Democrat Party for what it is. Money for votes. Other people's money. MY money once I got into the work force. It became attractive for people to come here and start collecting checks for sitting on their asses and squirting out babies. And they were told that the checks they collected were compliments of the local Democrat Party. For a long time, I didn't vote at all. As I became more politically aware, I began to understand the scam run by Democrats and quickly found out that they weren't for the people but for themselves. They saw government as an easy check for life and all they had to do was appeal to the lowest of the low who also only cared about free money. Instant voter base. I saw myself putting in the 40 hour work week and getting a large chunk taken out in various taxes to support the lazy, the unmotivated and the cheats. But I never lost my ability to acknowledge that there were some people who through no fault of their own have fallen upon hard times and I always contributed to causes that helped those people to get back on their feet. Unfortunately the corruption of the Democrat Party was more interested in continuing to pay these people to REMAIN on the dole and vote Democrat in return for the free money. We see today through the constant class warfare drummed into the lower classes by the Democrat Party the notion that "the rich" are evil people and solely responsible for keeping them "poor". We also see Democrats demonizing success to these lower classes because they're an easy target and those in the lower classes usually don't have the education to ever realize the American dream. Instead they see lottery tickets as their only possible method of graduating to the group they were taught to despise (the rich). The 99.999999% of the ones who never strike it rich are content to sell their votes for the few crumbs they are thrown by the Democrat Party (even though it's at no cost to the Democrat Party).

Spot-on, Mike! The lust for unearned money by so many of the "poor" in exchange for votes which will satisfy the politician's lust for power and money goes to the very heart of the deep, dark and cancerous corruption of the current political system. How can a society have two groups feed off one another, without eventually destroying the nation from within?

Boxcar

so.cal.fan
09-21-2011, 11:41 AM
I spent many years at the racetrack everyday. The only thing I read was the DRF.
I became interested in the stock market during the big tech boom in the 90's.
I invested heavy in tech stocks and lost when the crash hit in 2000.
One of the posters on this board I communicate with knows a lot about the financial markets.
He begged me in early 2000 BEFORE the crash to get the heck out of the market. I didn't listen. MISTAKE! LOL
Anyway, I started to feel like such a fool for not paying attention to finances that I started studying world economic, along with economics here in the United States.
It wasn't easy. I'm sure no expert, but I have somewhat of a better understanding.

I have become very interested in economics and hope to learn even more.
I don't invest in the stock market anymore, because I don't know enough about it, yet. I believe if we follow the money we have a pretty good idea what's what.

I am a huge fiscal CONSERVATIVE, and that trumps all my other opinions.

There is another conservative poster on this board who has taught me a lot of information about economics.
I just concluded these two very smart men made more sense than the liberal posters on this board.
I agree sometimes with the liberal posters, at least one of them, on occassion.
I just find myself more often in agreement with the conservative posters.

The man who owns this blog is a very sharp guy, and I sure appreciate the fact he has this interesting board, and we can not only share our opinions but learn from others.
Thanks, Mike.

GaryG
09-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I also started out as a democrat and would have voted for Kennedy if I was old enough. When I was in college I met a gentleman named John Stormer, who was at the time just finishing his book None Dare Call it Treason. That was an eye opener, then I saw Barry Goldwater speak and red his Conscience of a Conservative. That was it, I have been a member of the far right since then. If BG would have beaten that rat Johnson Vietnam would have had a different ending. Stormer is still around and I recently read his Betrayed by the Bench. Best regards Diane, keep on rockin in the free world.

NJ Stinks
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Speaking of being mislead....

The first Republican presidential nominee I voted for was Gerald Ford. I thought he did the right thing pardoning Nixon and I also thought a lot of Gerald Ford himself. But Carter beat Ford and after 4 years of Carter I felt Reagan was what the country needed - not 4 more years of Jimmy Carter.

Reagan was good for the country for maybe two years. Certainly he lifted the spirit of Americans during his first couple years. Unfortunately, his trickle-down economic theory was and is complete crap and he started the debt spiral because he reduced taxes without cutting enough (especially in the military) to pay for the tax cuts.

GHB was just more Reagan and so was GWB. Anyway, I could not think of one good reason to vote for a Republican presidential nominee again after 1980. But I did vote for Ross Perot in 1992.

Simply put, Republicans expect something for next to nothing. (Sound familiar but for a different reason, Mike A?) Taxes aren't a dirty word. We've got to take care of our elderly, make sure everyone in the U.S. has access to adequate healthcare, help poor but deserving students get a college education, pay for a strong infrastructure, finance a top-notch military, etc. All this costs money. Paying your fair share should be a patriotic duty universally lauded.

As long as Republicans keep focusing their efforts primarily on making the rich richer via irresponsible tax policies, I am going to continue voting Democratic. Proudly.

boxcar
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Speaking of being mislead....

As long as Republicans keep focusing their efforts primarily on making the rich richer via irresponsible tax policies, I am going to continue voting Democratic. Proudly.

Be sure to let us know when you cross over to the the Even Darker Side.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
09-21-2011, 01:41 PM
the country is doomed under democratic policies. all of us. rich, poor, working, not working. if you vote democratic you are voting for increased poverty and fewer jobs. african-americans and the poor, the two target groups that democrats claim to be most concerned about are mired in ever deeper misery thanks to democrats. its time to leave their statist plantation of doom and discard it to the dustbin of history.

Tom
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM
So NJ, how many jobs, ballpark, do you expect the POOR to create next year?

Mike at A+
09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Simply put, Republicans expect something for next to nothing. (Sound familiar but for a different reason, Mike A?) Taxes aren't a dirty word. We've got to take care of our elderly, make sure everyone in the U.S. has access to adequate healthcare, help poor but deserving students get a college education, pay for a strong infrastructure, finance a top-notch military, etc. All this costs money. Paying your fair share should be a patriotic duty universally lauded.

And tell me, how do Republicans "expect something for next to nothing"? This ought to be good. I personally expect a few things from ALL government and at the top of the list is to stop throwing money down a hole. Welfare should be temporary for able bodied persons. Rewards should not be given to unwed mothers who keep having babies from different (and usually unknown) fathers. Insurance is something you buy on the free market. It isn't my job to make sure the guy next door has it. Poor and "deserving" students should get student LOANS and privately funded scholarships when it is earned through performance. I just drove across America and our "infrastructure" is fine with me. I saw well paved highways, bridges that weren't falling and streets that had no potholes. And those EZ-Pass toll booths work just fine, especially in NYC where it's now $12 to cross a bridge. As for the rich getting richer, I don't begrudge them for that. Their wages are taxed at a much higher rate than the freeloaders who pay nothing and then their investment gains are taxed AGAIN. Of course, if they lose money on their investments the government doesn't want to be involved in that scenario.

thaskalos
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
I have lived in this country since 1973, and stil fail to see the REAL difference between the Democratic and the Republican parties...except from some empty rhetoric.

The Republicans believe in lesser government and the deregulation of industry, but - since "big business" cannot be trusted to do the right thing when left alone - this approach doesn't work.

The Democrats believe in bigger and stronger government intervention, but - since some of the most deceitful and untrustworthy people work WITHIN the government - this approach doesn't work either...

And the people are asked to go to the voting booths every election...to choose the best of two evils...

NJ Stinks
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
And tell me, how do Republicans "expect something for next to nothing"? This ought to be good.

Mike, who decided to fight a war with Iraq and cut taxes at the same time? Is that good enough for you?

Also, the great roads you drove on were repaired primarily because of stimulus money.

We just disagree on some of what you posted. I'm for a national health program. And I'm not fixated on welfare abuses.

Mike at A+
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Mike, who decided to fight a war with Iraq and cut taxes at the same time? Is that good enough for you?

Also, the great roads you drove on were repaired primarily because of stimulus money.

We just disagree on some of what you posted. I'm for a national health program. And I'm not fixated on welfare abuses.
Who decided on the Iraq war? The Congress including some big names in the Democrat Party.

The roads I drove on were fine before any stimulus money. Besides the tolls collected on those roads is more than enough for their upkeep.

I'm NOT for nationalized health care. A government that spends $12 on a freakin muffin can't be trusted to run anything as big and as complicated as health care. I'm not "fixated" on welfare abuse. That's just one of many abuses I can think of. There isn't enough room here to list them all.

I want government OUT of my life, OUT of my finances and OUT of my healthcare. I can do my own budgeting and decide which products and services I want and need.

NJ Stinks
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
I have lived in this country since 1973, and stil fail to see the REAL difference between the Democratic and the Republican parties...except from some empty rhetoric.

The Republicans believe in lesser government and the deregulation of industry, but - since "big business" cannot be trusted to do the right thing when left alone - this approach doesn't work.

The Democrats believe in bigger and stronger government intervention, but - since some of the most deceitful and untrustworthy people work WITHIN the government - this approach doesn't work either...

And the people are asked to go to the voting booths every election...to choose the best of two evils...

Thaskalos, I have to disagree. Social Security, Medicare, and the recent national attempt at a healthcare solution are only in existence because of the Democratic party. Assuming that you are correct about the deceitful and untrustworthy part on both sides, at least one side is trying (in certain situations) to do right by the majority of the people.

mostpost
09-21-2011, 03:03 PM

THEN I GREW UP.

There is money for votes involved here. Republican business money for Republican Congressional votes. Poor people do not vote for Democrats because of what they get from Democrats. They vote for Democrats because of what they don't get from Republicans. Republicans oppose minimum wage. Republicans oppose strong unions. Republicans oppose Social Security. Republicans oppose Medicare. Republicans oppose Pell Grants. These are all things which would help a poor person improve his lot. And they are all things that require a person to work to take advantage of them.

The idea that someone would choose to live in poverty rather than work is beyond comprehension. I have yet to meet that person. I do not believe that someone would choose to live in a rat infested apartment and raise their children on an inadequate food stamps budget if their were any alternative available. People don't work because there are no jobs available, not because they are living la dolce vida on the government dole.

As for your contributions to the "lazy" people, they aren't that much. You pay 12 times as much for National Defense as you do for Food Stamps. 13.5 times as much as for Unemployment Insurance and 21.6 times as much for Defense as you do for housing assistance for the poor.

Stop complaining.

boxcar
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Thaskalos, I have to disagree. Social Security, Medicare, and the recent national attempt at a healthcare solution are only in existence because of the Democratic party. Assuming that you are correct about the deceitful and untrustworthy part on both sides, at least one side is trying (in certain situations) to do right by the majority of the people.

And yet...you trust government, that is deceitful and untrustworthy, to do what is right for the people? We are to trust their empty promises? You are so gullible -- not to mention doubly as deceived as the people you just condemned!

Boxcar

Tom
09-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Paying your fair share should be a patriotic duty universally lauded.

It is. Those of us with jobs do that every week.
The rich do it far more than we do.
What about the other half (literally)?

How can anyone with half a mind say some one is not paying their fair share when they pay over half of the whole tab and half of everyone pays nothing??

Who taught you math? Obama? :lol:

Mike at A+
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
There is money for votes involved here. Republican business money for Republican Congressional votes. Poor people do not vote for Democrats because of what they get from Democrats. They vote for Democrats because of what they don't get from Republicans. Republicans oppose minimum wage. Republicans oppose strong unions. Republicans oppose Social Security. Republicans oppose Medicare. Republicans oppose Pell Grants. These are all things which would help a poor person improve his lot. And they are all things that require a person to work to take advantage of them.

The idea that someone would choose to live in poverty rather than work is beyond comprehension. I have yet to meet that person. I do not believe that someone would choose to live in a rat infested apartment and raise their children on an inadequate food stamps budget if their were any alternative available. People don't work because there are no jobs available, not because they are living la dolce vida on the government dole.

As for your contributions to the "lazy" people, they aren't that much. You pay 12 times as much for National Defense as you do for Food Stamps. 13.5 times as much as for Unemployment Insurance and 21.6 times as much for Defense as you do for housing assistance for the poor.

Stop complaining.
There should be no minimum wage. Businesses that offer the good wages will get the good workers. Unions have outlived their usefullness. Now we have OSHA to crack down on safety violations. And we SHOULD have ICE to crack down on businesses that hire illegals.

Republicans DO NOT oppose Social Security or Pell Grants. Maybe some do but for you to make a blanket statement is very dishonest.

And I never said people would "choose" to live in poverty. But many do not take their education seriously and develop bad habits that prevent them from getting a good job so they weigh the pluses and minuses and decide that welfare for sitting on their butts is better than putting in an effort to a land a job that pays a little more than welfare which may be the only thing they're qualified to do. And there are PLENTY OF JOBS available for unskilled entry level workers. But the primadonnas don't want those types of jobs.

I GLADLY pay for National Defense. That is one of the ONLY things government should provide.

I'll complain all I want. Freedom of speech. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

Tom
09-21-2011, 03:49 PM

Still too much.
An anchor is still an anchor.
You seem to be happy that some people are worthless.
Must be your union background. I think you call them stewards?

boxcar
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
The idea that someone would choose to live in poverty rather than work is beyond comprehension.

Another clueless wonder! Tell me, Mosty: Were you birthed that way or are proudly self-made? :rolleyes:

Yes, many people do choose to live in poverty because they are too lazy to care! And then when a government exacerbates the problem with policies and laws that appeal to man's base side, the state removes all incentive for self-improvement and, in fact, contributes to the entitlement addiction. Why do you think so much is written in the bible about the topics of laziness, slothfulness, idleness, indolence and their antithetical counterparts such as industriousness, diligence, hard work, etc.? The following passages only skim the surface:

Prov 13:4
4 The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing,
But the soul of the diligent is made fat.
NASB

Prov 18:9
9 He also who is slack in his work
Is brother to him who destroys.
NASB

Prov 24:30-34
30 I passed by the field of the sluggard,
And by the vineyard of the man lacking sense;
31 And behold, it was completely overgrown with thistles,
Its surface was covered with nettles,
And its stone wall was broken down.
32 When I saw, I reflected upon it;
I looked, and received instruction.
33 "A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to rest,"
34 Then your poverty will come as a robber,
And your want like an armed man.
NASB

Prov 20:4
4 The sluggard does not plow after the autumn,
So he begs during the harvest and has nothing.
NASB

Prov 21:25
25 The desire of the sluggard puts him to death,
For his hands refuse to work;
NASB

Prov 19:15
15 Laziness casts into a deep sleep,
And an idle man will suffer hunger.
NASB

Prov 26:13-16
3 The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road!
A lion is in the open square!"
14 As the door turns on its hinges,
So does the sluggard on his bed.
15 The sluggard buries his hand in the dish;
He is weary of bringing it to his mouth again.
16 The sluggard is wiser in his own eyes
Than seven men who can give a discreet answer.
NASB

Prov 6:6
6 Go to the ant, O sluggard,
Observe her ways and be wise,
NASB

In the NT, we are taught that any professing Christian who refuses to provide for his family is worse than an unbeliever! What a scathing commentary!

1 Tim 5:8
8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever.
NASB

The bible, throughout, commands a strong work ethic. And that's how it was from the very beginning!

Gen 2:15
15 Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.
NASB

And this command was later codified into the Mosaic Covenant and is known commonly as the 4ht commandment:

Ex 20:9
9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work...
NASB

And these OT commandments are as valid today as when they were first given.

2 Thess 3:10-13
10 For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone will not work, neither let him eat. 11 For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies. 12 Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread.
NASB

Did you catch this!? Eat your own bread -- bread that you earned! And also be sure to share some with those who are in genuine need.

Eph 4:28
28 Let him who steals steal no longer; but rather let him labor, performing with his own hands what is good, in order that he may have something to share with him who has need.
NASB

A welfare state provides absolutely no incentive for anyone to obey these commands. Lazy people are content to receive a little at the expense of other people's labor. Socialism is a morally bankrupt ideology because it does the exact opposite. It gives the slothful freeloaders (the Takers) in our society every reason to mooch off the productive workers (the Makers). It's as simple as that. Nothing difficult to understand, except for dyed-in-the-wool radical leftists.

Boxcar

mostpost
09-21-2011, 04:20 PM
I also started out as a democrat and would have voted for Kennedy if I was old enough. When I was in college I met a gentleman named John Stormer, who was at the time just finishing his book None Dare Call it Treason. That was an eye opener, then I saw Barry Goldwater speak and red his Conscience of a Conservative. That was it, I have been a member of the far right since then. If BG would have beaten that rat Johnson Vietnam would have had a different ending. Stormer is still around and I recently read his Betrayed by the Bench. Best regards Diane, keep on rockin in the free world.

So you became a Republican because of "None Dare Call It Treason." For those who are unfamiliar, this is the book which claimed Nelson Rockefeller met with unnamed persons on a Russian submarine in Long Island Sound. Purpose of the meeting; to turn control of the United States to the Soviet Union. Wonder what happened to that plan?

Then there was State Department Plan 7277 and Public Law 87-297, both of which were supposed to disarm the United States military and turn the United States over to the Russians or the UN-I forget which. Of course the only place I can find 7277 is on nutjob righty blogs, and a search of Findlaw for Public Law 87-297 comes up "No results found."

To summarize; you became a Republican due to a book of lies and fabrications, which you were too lazy or dumb to check out. Sorry if I called you lazy and/or dumb, but those are the words that fit.

bigmack
09-21-2011, 05:05 PM
To summarize; you became a Republican due to a book of lies and fabrications, which you were too lazy or dumb to check out. Sorry if I called you lazy and/or dumb, but those are the words that fit.
I see more egg on your face in the not too distant future for yet another ASSumptive, meddling post.

sandpit
09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Poor people do not vote for Democrats because of what they get from Democrats.

Are you delusional, of course they do...the current president promised them all kinds of yellow brick road nonsense during his first campaign, and they were dancing in the streets after the election. I remember seeing one woman on tv and she was almost hysterically happy saying how Obama was gonna provide for her, fill her gas tank, refrigerator, etc. She's probably still sitting on her dilapidated couch watching Oprah reruns and eating cheetos she bought with my tax dollars.

People don't work because there are no jobs available, not because they are living la dolce vida on the government dole.

Nonsense, I work with a woman right now who has been told she will be laid off at the end of February. When I asked her what she was gonna do afterward, she said, "Sit at home and collect unemployment for two years." She was serious; again another slackard who is living proof of system abuse.

And as far as whoever said something about the highways being in good shape, he should take a drive through Louisville KY. The feds just closed the I-64 bridge across the Ohio River because of cracks in the steel. It could be shuttered forever. (This bridge was built at the same time and with the same steel as the one that collapsed in Minneapolis a few years ago.) Consequently, all the traffic going from Louisville to Indiana and back is on one major bridge, I-65, which was also built around the same time. Officials inspected it as well and deemed it "safe" despite finding some minor structural flaws. Lack of foresight by gov't leaders in both KY and IN in building other bridges will have a big economic impact in this region. Gov't doesn't work on the local or national level around here.

CryingForTheHorses
09-22-2011, 11:39 AM
There should be no minimum wage. Businesses that offer the good wages will get the good workers. Unions have outlived their usefullness. Now we have OSHA to crack down on safety violations. And we SHOULD have ICE to crack down on businesses that hire illegals.

Republicans DO NOT oppose Social Security or Pell Grants. Maybe some do but for you to make a blanket statement is very dishonest.

And I never said people would "choose" to live in poverty. But many do not take their education seriously and develop bad habits that prevent them from getting a good job so they weigh the pluses and minuses and decide that welfare for sitting on their butts is better than putting in an effort to a land a job that pays a little more than welfare which may be the only thing they're qualified to do. And there are PLENTY OF JOBS available for unskilled entry level workers. But the primadonnas don't want those types of jobs.

I GLADLY pay for National Defense. That is one of the ONLY things government should provide.

I'll complain all I want. Freedom of speech. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

Goverment should also provide job security to all americans and documented workers..I asked a state official who works for the pari.mutual dept why they allow so many illegals on the backside..His answer to me was that their hands are tyed in Talalhasee.The backside is almost all illegals who get paid cash and NEVER pay any taxes..If they were to cleanse these illegals there would be jobs,Not the best paying but it would be work. Gov Rick Scott just signed into law all welfare recipents in Florida are to be drug tested...70% of Republicans agree with this.I think its a good thing..Crackheads getting high on our taxdollars..The medicad scams are terrible..These are lowlife people who just sit back and collect while you and I support them. They busted a joint here in Ft Lauderdale who was taking food stamps for drugs..They need people to screen applicants very closely before they get these food stamps.The guy they busted had over 25k in food stamps in his house.Cut these people off welfare and make them find some kind of work..Time for handouts to stop

boxcar
09-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Goverment should also provide job security to all americans and documented workers..I asked a state official who works for the pari.mutual dept why they allow so many illegals on the backside..His answer to me was that their hands are tyed in Talalhasee.The backside is almost all illegals who get paid cash and NEVER pay any taxes..If they were to cleanse these illegals there would be jobs,Not the best paying but it would be work. Gov Rick Scott just signed into law all welfare recipents in Florida are to be drug tested...70% of Republicans agree with this.I think its a good thing..Crackheads getting high on our taxdollars..The medicad scams are terrible..These are lowlife people who just sit back and collect while you and I support them. They busted a joint here in Ft Lauderdale who was taking food stamps for drugs..They need people to screen applicants very closely before they get these food stamps.The guy they busted had over 25k in food stamps in his house.Cut these people off welfare and make them find some kind of work..Time for handouts to stop

Yup, and that law is already being challenged in court -- I'm pretty sure by the ACLU. What else is new? Libs have never been able to handle common sense laws.

Boxcar

Tom
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
If you refuse to pay people a dime if they refuse any job, there will be no jobs Americans will not do. The debate is over.

Lefty
09-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Stinks, you cite SS Medicare as being good things. They are both broke and any attempt from Republicans are met with "scare" tactics from the Dims trying to convince old people that the Repubs are trying to take these things away. Yet when we are unable to provide these prms anymore because we don't have the money, it will be the dims who have taken them away by not allowing them to be fixed.
In short, dim prgms are always short sighted and never take furure costs into consideration. It's always "get the votes now" and to hell with the future.

Greyfox
09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
The idea that someone would choose to live in poverty rather than work is beyond comprehension. I have yet to meet that person..

Most normal people wouldn't choose to live in poverty.
But that's by my definition of "normal."
The reality is that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS have chosen that life style.
I once knew a Chief Engineer with a large oil company.
He lived the "good life" in suburbia with a wife and kids.
Then he developed a drinking problem. The problem became worse.
The company gave him the choice of having treatment or be fired.
Without hesitation he decided to quit.
The last I heard he was homeless and surviving on bottle picking.
In an interview on TV he said, he was happier than ever. He was an "entrepreneur" who didn't need to answer to any bosses, job, or routine.
Multiply that story thousands of times.
The fact is many do choose poverty over responsibility. Fact.
And unless you are living under a rock, you've met this man every day, in one form or another.

boxcar
09-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Most normal people wouldn't choose to live in poverty.
But that's by my definition of "normal."
The reality is that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS have chosen that life style.
I once knew a Chief Engineer with a large oil company.
He lived the "good life" in suburbia with a wife and kids.
Then he developed a drinking problem. The problem became worse.
The company gave him the choice of having treatment or be fired.
Without hesitation he decided to quit.
The last I heard he was homeless and surviving on bottle picking.
In an interview on TV he said, he was happier than ever. He was an "entrepreneur" who didn't need to answer to any bosses, job, or routine.
Multiply that story thousands of times.
The fact is many do choose poverty over responsibility. Fact.
And unless you are living under a rock, you've met this man every day, in one form or another.

One thing about choosing Poverty over Wealth, is that the pursuit of the former is an infinitely easier lifestyle whenever the poor person is guaranteed a steady stream of handouts from the state. On the other hand, the pursuit of Wealth is usually hard work and is also attended with a good deal of stress, disappointments and various other negative emotions.

Boxcar

Lefty
09-22-2011, 04:49 PM
mosty, it's unbelievable how many people I have met in the casino's that choose to live in the streets rather than work. Blve me there are people who choose poverty over work.

ElKabong
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Just reading the topic of this thread makes me chuckle.....Sorry