PDA

View Full Version : Charley Sheen roast....

Hanover1
09-20-2011, 05:03 PM
As far as roasts go, I have seen better. Best line? Probably: "Charley has done so many drugs that damage the heart, liver, lungs, ect....and the only thing he has lost is his kids" He was a good sport about it all however, and it did get rough....Shatner was a surprise as good....Steve O was a waste (is).

Zippy Chippy
09-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I think it was really really good. Mike Tyson was surprisingly funny.

cj's dad
09-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Sheen is a POS. He is a loser drug addict and is the type who is idolized by the fools here who think he is "cool". Announced today that he settled with CBS (?) for $25 million. Are you f*****g kidding me. Probably 99.99999% of folks in this country will work all their lives and not make that amount of money.

But this asshole gets $25 million ???

I hope he gets loaded on crack and chokes on his own vomit.

FUCS

Hanover1
09-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Sheen is a POS. He is a loser drug addict and is the type who is idolized by the fools here who think he is "cool". Announced today that he settled with CBS (?) for $25 million. Are you f*****g kidding me. Probably 99.99999% of folks in this country will work all their lives and not make that amount of money.

FUCS

Not sure who here think he is "cool". Perhaps I missed something. He puts himself out there for all to muse on. Of course he is a train wreck. Therein lies the attraction. Its nice to see someone out there with the kinda dough he has, act a fool. Makes our problems seem trite by comparison. I suspect he will be broke soon.

cj's dad
09-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Not sure who here think he is "cool". Perhaps I missed something. He puts himself out there for all to muse on. Of course he is a train wreck. Therein lies the attraction. Its nice to see someone out there with the kinda dough he has, act a fool. Makes our problems seem trite by comparison. I suspect he will be broke soon.

Wrong choice of words. What I meant was that the lib elite in Hollywood laugh and giggle at his foolishness as if he is a cool guy. Far from it.

RaceBookJoe
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM

FUCS

Guess you will be even more pissed to find out that over the coming years on top of that $25M, he will also be getting approx $100M due to syndication. rbj

bigmack
09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
I can dig the 'roast' concept. Of yesteryear it was mildly entertaining.

Watch the Sheen roast and it will easily surpass some of the most vile things you've ever heard. Much of it was in disgustingly bad taste.

ManU918
09-20-2011, 08:23 PM
I thought the roast was hilarious from start to finish. I thought Jeff Ross, Anthony Jeslnik, and Amy Schumer were hilarious.

trying2win
09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I watched the Charlie Sheen Roast last night on TV. I thought Jeffrey Ross was the funniest of all the roasters. One zinger after another by him had me really laughing. He even looked a lot like Moammar Ghadfi in that military costume he was wearing.

CJD was kind of harsh in his description of Charlie Sheen. But you made some very good points about him. Charlie Sheen hasn't exactly been an exemplary role model, what with his record of alleged drug abuse, hookers, and violence against his latest ex-wife. I wonder why you didn't rant about Mike Tyson though as well? His reputation isn't exactly lily white either. Which begs the question, why was Mike Tyson on that roast? Plus, I didn't think he was funny at all.

I liked looking at Kate Walsh. I guess I got mesmerized by her attractive looks, because I can't remember any of the jokes now she that she said on the roast. :D

T2W

------------------------------------------------------------------------
~"My father taught me that reputation, not money, was the most important thing in the world."

--William Rosenberg

Hanover1
09-20-2011, 08:57 PM
A sign of the times......6.4 million viewers. Largest roast crowd ever.

Actor
09-21-2011, 02:39 AM
A century from now when we are all dead Charlie will be remembered for his early work, not for Two and a Half Men.

What do you remember Joan Crawford for: Mildred Pierce or Skullduggery?

Robert Goren
09-21-2011, 06:38 AM
A century from now when we are all dead Charlie will be remembered for his early work, not for Two and a Half Men.

What do you remember Joan Crawford for: Mildred Pierce or Skullduggery?It is still an open debate on whether a century from now that Charlie Sheen will be remembered at all.

Tom
09-21-2011, 07:56 AM
The old Dean Martin roasts - now those were funny and classic.
This new brand is a waste of bad comics. Surprising how little talent there is in comedy these days.

Hanover1
09-21-2011, 12:45 PM
The old Dean Martin roasts - now those were funny and classic.
This new brand is a waste of bad comics. Surprising how little talent there is in comedy these days.

I love those, bought them all.......

Hanover1
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
It is still an open debate on whether a century from now that Charlie Sheen will be remembered at all.

It indeed will be "Charley who??"

Tom
09-21-2011, 12:49 PM
People will remember BISHOP Sheen long after they forget whatshisname.

ManU918
09-21-2011, 01:13 PM
It is still an open debate on whether a century from now that Charlie Sheen will be remembered at all.

Platoon, Wall Street, and Major League will always be around.

Valuist
09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Two and a Half Men officially died tonight. I will be surprised if this show is on the air a year from now.

sammy the sage
09-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Tyson was...as a poster noted earlier...surprisingly VERY funny...

bigmack
09-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Tyson was...as a poster noted earlier...surprisingly VERY funny...
I'm fairly comfortable speculating he didn't write his own material.

Nor did PamAnd. She delivered it like a true Canadian. Vacantly.
(Whoopsie. I believe that was The Hoff roast.)

maddog42
09-26-2011, 11:04 PM
As far as roasts go, I have seen better. Best line? Probably: "Charley has done so many drugs that damage the heart, liver, lungs, ect....and the only thing he has lost is his kids" He was a good sport about it all however, and it did get rough....Shatner was a surprise as good....Steve O was a waste (is).

I thought it was a decent roast. The funniest roast I have seen lately was easily the Shatner Roast. Absolutely hilarious.

magwell
09-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Two and a Half Men officially died tonight. I will be surprised if this show is on the air a year from now. Yep, as good as it was last week thats how bad it was tonight, it " jumped the shark" .....

magwell
11-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Yep, as good as it was last week thats how bad it was tonight, it " jumped the shark" ..... After further review this show will make it IMO, it has improved a lot since that second week.......:cool: