PDA

View Full Version : Parx Late Money

Onion Monster
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
It's one of those rare inside-biased speed days at Parx (the rail is usually quite dead) and one of the biggest last second money drops I've ever seen just took place.

Race 4 #3 Enjoy the Win was 8-1 just before the gate opened and dropped to 2-1 by the first turn. Predictably it took the lead and held on to win over the logical favorite. Usually, this kind of late action is accompanied by place money too. With this one, however, the place money didn't come (probably didn't have time to make the bet).

Payout #3 6.60 to win 6.60 to place

BlueShoe
09-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Just saw this and could only shake my head. Was watching the betting pools on another site and the race on TVG. The winner got hit so hard in the last click that everything else went up sharply. The favorite, #4 went from even money to 7-5, and the then 2nd choice #7 went from 5-2 to 9-2. The winner ended up with $9347 to win, $887 place, $441 show. Would appear that the winner got hit with at least a 5g win bet just before the off. Might expect this kind of heavy very late action at the big top tier tracks, but not at a venue like Philly.

Knowclew
09-20-2011, 06:36 PM
I was at the OTB today, and saw it as well. Friend next to me was talking the horse up and bet him, so I was staring right at it.

Keep in mind the matching 6.60 place price came with the chalk 2nd.

2-1 winner, 7-5 second....$49.00 exacta!!!!!!!!!!!

mannyberrios
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I was at the OTB today, and saw it as well. Friend next to me was talking the horse up and bet him, so I was staring right at it.

Keep in mind the matching 6.60 place price came with the chalk 2nd.

2-1 winner, 7-5 second....$49.00 exacta!!!!!!!!!!!
Not bad for a 30% take out