PDA

View Full Version : Higher takeout Tracks better for new gaming angle at Colonial Downs. Opinions?

andymays
09-20-2011, 10:19 AM
http://www.vtablog.org/2011/09/new-machines-open-at-colonial-downs.html

The business plan from the point of view of track management and the horsemen is quite simple. Increased handle by promoting trifecta simulcast wagering at certain tracks, which would not normally occur, results in more revenue for Colonial and the Virginia HBPA horsemen’s purse account. That is achievable because the commission, or take out, on trifecta wagers at certain tracks, like Philadelphia Park, is a relatively high thirty percent. The takeout on win/place/show wagering at most tracks (including Colonial) is around 18%, and is usually in the 20% range for “exotics” like exactas, trifectas, and pick four wagering.

jelly
09-20-2011, 11:01 AM
One can only hope that slot money will be taken away from the racetracks.

They don't deserve it.

pondman
09-20-2011, 12:06 PM
It wouldn't interest me. Golden Gate tried a video area, with an assortment of odd games, a few years back. They couldn't get anyone to walk through it. Horse players want to watch horse racing.

therussmeister
09-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I tried to find the official rules, but couldn't, because it seems to me they are giving you $10 when you bet a $10 trifecta.

Short version of the rules say bet $10 trifecta and get a card worth 1000 points. You can trade points for one penny per point. I was looking for a rule that states how much video play you must have before you cash out. Couldn't find it.

Some_One
09-20-2011, 10:13 PM
It appears a way to get around the laws for slot players, don't think it's geared to the horseplayer, but if you play the tris, I guess you can consider it a pseudo-rebate

Robert Fischer
09-21-2011, 04:06 AM
I tried to find the official rules, but couldn't, because it seems to me they are giving you $10 when you bet a $10 trifecta.

Short version of the rules say bet $10 trifecta and get a card worth 1000 points. You can trade points for one penny per point. I was looking for a rule that states how much video play you must have before you cash out. Couldn't find it.

usually you have to play the free-play amount once through to cash out. (or play at least 1000 pts)

not certain.

therussmeister
09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes, so it would be interesting to know, if you played 1000 points worth, and then cashed out, how much, on average you would win.