PDA

View Full Version : Contreras in the Natalma

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 03:42 PM
What a brilliant ride on Northern Passion. Breaking from the 10hole in the one mile turf event for 2yo fillies, Breaks on top and seeing he is gonna get hung out and clobbered he drops back to almost last and rides on the rail with precision timing to win by almost 2 over Dominguez and Dayathespa. Best ride of the weekend so far. If the filly goes to the BC, he deserves first call.

the little guy
09-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Not, however, a brilliant ride on the 3rd finisher.

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Pizzaro to Contreras: "You go this way and I'll go that way".
Watching the two horses that were in identical positions get two entirely different trips was amazing.
It would be a shame if you could not work this into trips and traps somehow.

HoofedInTheChest
09-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Pizarro is a good jock, but Contreras is in another league altogether, ive watched him bring alot of mediocre horses to winner circle this meet. In race 6 today i was leaning toward the 12 and Pletcher's 13 horse, but ive been burned enough times by Contreras to know better...... he is the king of routes at Woodbine.

Pell Mell
09-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Pizarro is a good jock, but Contreras is in another league altogether, ive watched him bring alot of mediocre horses to winner circle this meet. In race 6 today i was leaning toward the 12 and Pletcher's 13 horse, but ive been burned enough times by Contreras to know better...... he is the king of routes at Woodbine.

Also didn't hurt to be on what might be the best bred filly of the bunch...I would bet her right now in the BC.:ThmbUp:

BIG49010
09-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Also didn't hurt to be on what might be the best bred filly of the bunch...I would bet her right now in the BC.:ThmbUp:

I'll book as much as you want to bet... Two turns, big field, the best jocks in the world, very unlikely this horse wins the BC.

Light
09-17-2011, 10:19 PM
What a brilliant ride on Northern Passion.

That was my pick in the race and I thought that is one of the smartest rides I've seen a jock make. Finally a jock with brains. However I was unimpressed with some of his later rides.

Pell Mell
09-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I'll book as much as you want to bet... Two turns, big field, the best jocks in the world, very unlikely this horse wins the BC.

Who would you pick as of the moment?

cj
09-17-2011, 11:37 PM
That was my pick in the race and I thought that is one of the smartest rides I've seen a jock make. Finally a jock with brains. However I was unimpressed with some of his later rides.

Of course it was.

mannyberrios
09-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Finally, Mr C. Gets some kudos here in P.A.

Light
09-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Of course it was.

Yeah I know you have a hard time going beyond the ML fav, but I decided to live dangerously and take the 2nd ML favorite. :rolleyes: Oooh, too risky for guys with 2 initials to their names.

BIG49010
09-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Who would you pick as of the moment?

Several at Saratoga that will run back at Belmont, and Keeneland will yield others I am sure. I don't follow Delmar, but I am sure there will be shippers from there and Europe when you get to BC.

If you remember, Dreaming of Anna won the boys race at Woodbine, before she won the BC for Catalano. So I would think Stephanie's Kitten will do better next time also.

Pell Mell
09-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Several at Saratoga that will run back at Belmont, and Keeneland will yield others I am sure. I don't follow Delmar, but I am sure there will be shippers from there and Europe when you get to BC.

If you remember, Dreaming of Anna won the boys race at Woodbine, before she won the BC for Catalano. So I would think Stephanie's Kitten will do better next time also.

I agree with the latter:ThmbUp:

the little guy
10-08-2011, 02:06 PM

Won the Alcibiades and paid $21.