PDA

View Full Version : Sinister Brew

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm looking for Sinister Brew to turn the table around on Frolic's Revenge in Calder's 10th race today. Here's why:

1.) Frolic's Revenge is adding 6 lbs.
2.) Frolic's Revenge will be over-bet.
3.) Sinister Brew is shedding 2 lbs.
4.) Sinister Brew is adding blinkers.
5.) Sinister Brew has a nice bullet work since their last race.
6.) Sinister Brew will be ridden by Luis Saez today (her maiden win jock).
7.) Value---Sinister Brew may go off as the 3rd or 4th choice.

Who do you like today, and why? List them in this thread if you care to share.

Good Luck :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

slihawk
09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Take a look at Shebop.Gatis is my best friend and he's very high on her. Pedigree suggest sprinter but Daniel says she feels like she'll run longer. He jumps off to ride the Fawkes filly. I agree with you I dont like fav.

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 11:15 AM
Take a look at Shebop.Gatis is my best friend and he's very high on her. Pedigree suggest sprinter but Daniel says she feels like she'll run longer. He jumps off to ride the Fawkes filly. I agree with you I dont like fav.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

theguarantee
09-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Belmont's 5th:
1/1 on Right to Vote is way too low to me. Impressive debut, dueling and game as you like but was 37/1 and had a perfect trip. Obviously lost to a good one in Clip the Coupons but the final time wasn't overwhelming or anything so I think is a bet against.
Datts Happy was hustled out the gate by JV in debut, bumped slightly and couldn't make the lead as they went 21 and 4 and consequently was hung out a touch wide turning for home and no match. Should definitely appreciate the added furlong today and I think will get a more patient ride from Solis going 6. Will need to improve, but the odds look right.
Not sure what to make of the firsters, if one of them beats me and I'm right that Datts Happy can beat RtV I'll live with it.

Probably grasping for straws here, but, in the Garden City I feel obligated to take a shot on More than Real if anywhere near the morning line. Not sure WM really wants 1 and an 1/8th. Hungry Island has a right but clearly last time was the time to have. Arch Support and Pinch Pie not nearly good enough imo. Theyskin's Theory is a wild card and if TT wins I'll just tip the cap. That leaves More than Real and Kathmanblu. Being as how Kathmanblu sat a perfect trip, made the lead and then was not even close to being a match for Hungry Island, I can't go there...even if maybe the turf conditions today will make a difference.
More than Real's win in the BC last year to me was the best race any of these have run. Pletcher showed supreme confidence shipping to Europe and while that didn't work, are we really giving up on her after just one race back in the states? Some may read the layoff as a negative, but to me it's a positive. Pletcher realized she wasn't ready and who is better off the layoff than TP? Maybe she'll never be the same and the final 1/8th is still a question mark, but I sure hope that morning line plays out, because I'll take a big shot she's back.

PhantomOnTour
09-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Morning line is 12-1 but I doubt I will get that price at post time. He will be more like 6-1 or maybe less, but I really like him regardless.

The obvious angle is that he's an off the pace runner in a pretty speed loaded field, but there's a lil more...

Switch to Solis
I have him rated the strongest closer in the field (very close btw him and #1 GamFever, but the latter is 2-42 lifetime with a big time negative jock move as well...he may get a share but I can't see #1 winning it)
Others in this field will take too much action imo, esp #2 with Castellano up.

Only real threat is #7 with a suddenly hot Alan Garcia riding.
I will take as low as 5-1 on my #12 horse and expect a big effort today.
Good luck

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Belmont's 5th:
1/1 on Right to Vote is way too low to me. Impressive debut, dueling and game as you like but was 37/1 and had a perfect trip. Obviously lost to a good one in Clip the Coupons but the final time wasn't overwhelming or anything so I think is a bet against.
Datts Happy was hustled out the gate by JV in debut, bumped slightly and couldn't make the lead as they went 21 and 4 and consequently was hung out a touch wide turning for home and no match. Should definitely appreciate the added furlong today and I think will get a more patient ride from Solis going 6. Will need to improve, but the odds look right.
Not sure what to make of the firsters, if one of them beats me and I'm right that Datts Happy can beat RtV I'll live with it.

Probably grasping for straws here, but, in the Garden City I feel obligated to take a shot on More than Real if anywhere near the morning line. Not sure WM really wants 1 and an 1/8th. Hungry Island has a right but clearly last time was the time to have. Arch Support and Pinch Pie not nearly good enough imo. Theyskin's Theory is a wild card and if TT wins I'll just tip the cap. That leaves More than Real and Kathmanblu. Being as how Kathmanblu sat a perfect trip, made the lead and then was not even close to being a match for Hungry Island, I can't go there...even if maybe the turf conditions today will make a difference.
More than Real's win in the BC last year to me was the best race any of these have run. Pletcher showed supreme confidence shipping to Europe and while that didn't work, are we really giving up on her after just one race back in the states? Some may read the layoff as a negative, but to me it's a positive. Pletcher realized she wasn't ready and who is better off the layoff than TP? Maybe she'll never be the same and the final 1/8th is still a question mark, but I sure hope that morning line plays out, because I'll take a big shot she's back.

Thanks for sharing your thought process behind your selections. Good luck today! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Morning line is 12-1 but I doubt I will get that price at post time. He will be more like 6-1 or maybe less, but I really like him regardless.

The obvious angle is that he's an off the pace runner in a pretty speed loaded field, but there's a lil more...

Switch to Solis
I have him rated the strongest closer in the field (very close btw him and #1 GamFever, but the latter is 2-42 lifetime with a big time negative jock move as well...he may get a share but I can't see #1 winning it)
Others in this field will take too much action imo, esp #2 with Castellano up.

Only real threat is #7 with a suddenly hot Alan Garcia riding.
I will take as low as 5-1 on my #12 horse and expect a big effort today.
Good luck

Thanks and good luck! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
09-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks and good luck! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
The #2 Dual Citizen is a scratch

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 01:56 PM
I might be grasping at straws here but at 17-1 I've got to use Tropical Jetset in the 3rd at Belmont.

PhantomOnTour
09-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I might be grasping at straws here but at 17-1 I've got to use Tropical Jetset in the 3rd at Belmont.
I'm using him underneath only...kinda intrigued by the #9 for some reason.
They finally get him on turf, but he looks more like a MdnClm than MSW type.
22-1 though....

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 02:11 PM

Outran his odds but not quite good enough. :bang:

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Getinitalltogether and Gomez should fit each other like a glove...I'll take the 7-1.

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Getinitalltogether and Gomez should fit each other like a glove...I'll take the 7-1.

Real nice fit for last place. :bang: :bang: :mad:

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 03:07 PM
OK, I can't pick 1 so I'll try a $32 pick six:

3-5
6-12
1-7
9-11

Good Luck! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

slihawk
09-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Well Gatis won with his firster.. ..Sorry I couldnt give it out but in Claimers you dont know who's listening

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 03:16 PM
Well Gatis won with his firster.. ..Sorry I couldnt give it out but in Claimers you dont know who's listening

Hope you caught a nice score!

slihawk
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I had the 3 4 8 in p3 nothing

heads up in this Belmont race...Watch Pin's (12) 18-1 last race was making a move and got shut off badly. Always respect 007 Bond.

slihawk
09-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Dud.... no excuses excuse me while I take him out of my Horse Watch

PICSIX
09-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm looking for Sinister Brew to turn the table around on Frolic's Revenge in Calder's 10th race today. Here's why:

1.) Frolic's Revenge is adding 6 lbs.
2.) Frolic's Revenge will be over-bet.
3.) Sinister Brew is shedding 2 lbs.
4.) Sinister Brew is adding blinkers.
5.) Sinister Brew has a nice bullet work since their last race.
6.) Sinister Brew will be ridden by Luis Saez today (her maiden win jock).
7.) Value---Sinister Brew may go off as the 3rd or 4th choice.

Who do you like today, and why? List them in this thread if you care to share.

Good Luck :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

No value, I will pass. :mad: :mad: