PDA

View Full Version : 18 day road trip

Trijack
09-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I mentioned in another thread about being on a road trip. Here is a link to where we are going. My wife and I are fortunate to have our son plan these.
Plus he post about every day to what we have seen or done.

For anyone interested here is the link. I believe this makes about 4 or more road trips for us.

http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?28523-Roadtrip-6-Victoria-BC-and-the-Pacific-Coast

BillW
09-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I mentioned in another thread about being on a road trip. Here is a link to where we are going. My wife and I are fortunate to have our son plan these.
Plus he post about every day to what we have seen or done.

For anyone interested here is the link. I believe this makes about 4 or more road trips for us.

http://www.roadtripamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?28523-Roadtrip-6-Victoria-BC-and-the-Pacific-Coast

Enjoy the trip, Jack!

Mike at A+
09-17-2011, 11:42 AM
We just did something similar for our 25th. anniversary. Drove from Pennsylvania to Seattle, took a 14 day Alaskan cruise and then drove back with stops in Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore. Must say that Montana is the most beautiful state I've ever seen for natural scenery.

HUSKER55
09-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed Montana as well. The drive down thru Idaho is really nice as well.

Mike at A+
09-17-2011, 11:51 AM
We only drove through the "panhandle" of Idaho but it was a beautiful (but short) drive. Pine trees everywhere. On the way out we had lunch at a pub in a little town called Wallace that was by coincidence right next door to the Wallace Brewery. My wife still believes I had "advance knowledge" of the brewery being there but I swear I didn't. Anyway, huckleberries seem to be the berry of choice in Idaho and they had an excellent Huckleberry Wheat beer that I really enjoyed. On the way back, we stayed overnight in Coeur d'Alene which is a lovely little town with great restaurants and nice shops.

Trijack
09-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks Bill, we are having a lot of fun.

We did Virginia City today. When we left there we drove through a part of Reno on our way to Lake Tahoe. We are now in Chester, Ca near Lassen Volcanic National Park which we will take in tomorrow.

Trijack
09-17-2011, 11:13 PM
We just did something similar for our 25th. anniversary. Drove from Pennsylvania to Seattle, took a 14 day Alaskan cruise and then drove back with stops in Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore. Must say that Montana is the most beautiful state I've ever seen for natural scenery.

Mike, we did Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore about 4 years ago. I agree Montana is awesome.