PDA

View Full Version : I am ashamed to be a Pennsylvanian

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Rick Santorum, one of a long list of useless PA politicians wins a PA straw poll on FRI night. This guy is completely removed from reality and just makes my skin crawl to think that he is getting any consideration. Any thoughts?
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63730.html

toetoe
09-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Any specific things remote from reality that you want to mention ? Is he crazy even by scumsucking politicians' standards ?

C'mon; give, McHale. Whaa-whaa-what ?!?

mostpost
09-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Rick Santorum, one of a long list of useless PA politicians wins a PA straw poll on FRI night. This guy is completely removed from reality and just makes my skin crawl to think that he is getting any consideration. Any thoughts?
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/63730.html
Don't feel bad. It's a GOP poll and it was a poll of Republican committeemen. Santorum has as much chance of winning the GOP nomination as I do. Not hat the guy who does win is going to be much better. :rolleyes:

toetoe
09-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Anything specific ? You know, sodomizing an intern, praising Mao, deliberately blocking the enforcement of federal law --- that kind of stuff ? I don't know much about this guy. Please educate me.

I'm guessing he used to like John Wayne movies, he opposed Affirmative Action, he wants to enforce immigration law, he doesn't like Michael (Michelin Man) Moore, he shook George Bush's hand. That kind of stuff ? You must have something.

Tom
09-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Transference......can't talk about Obama's failed presidency so this is what you get. :lol:

Santorum - by far head and shoulders above the Kenyan Kancer.

Rookies
09-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Is he Eye of Newt's new lickshpittle ? I noticed whenever they let him answer anything at the Tea Party debate, he'd always open up with a genuflection to Creepy Old Unkie Newt.

It was creepy!

And certainly not befitting any attempt to stand on your own 2 feet to get seperation in the Con pack, but in keeping with the failed hard right policies of a defeated pol.

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Transference......can't talk about Obama's failed presidency so this is what you get. :lol:

Santorum - by far head and shoulders above the Kenyan Kancer.
Comparing stupid to stupid gets ya what? O'bama's presidency makes Carter seem like a god and Santorum is in left field. No transference here. Just asking for someone with a clue to step up.

Tom
09-17-2011, 10:38 AM
No doubt Santorum would make a better prez than the current Kenyan Korn Flake and infinitely better VP than the Deleware Dope.

schweitz
09-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Comparing stupid to stupid gets ya what? O'bama's presidency makes Carter seem like a god and Santorum is in left field. No transference here. Just asking for someone with a clue to step up.
How about you step up and explain why "he is removed from reality and makes your skin crawl".

Mike at A+
09-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Considering the fact that guys like Dennis Kucinich and Al Sharpton could run as Democrats, I see no wrong in Santorum running as a Republican. None of the above has a snowball's chance in hell of winning a nomination.

highnote
09-17-2011, 12:01 PM
No man a hero in his hometown?

boxcar
09-17-2011, 12:08 PM
No man a hero in his hometown?

Exactly right! Even the Christ was rejected in his (Mk 6:4)!

Boxcar

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Maybe this will help. Heterosexual and I vote

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-17-2011/doma-sweet-doma---beer---anchor-nursing

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Or this, have elderly parents and vote
http://wonkette.com/453202/rick-santorum-proposes-olds-die-off-sooner-to-save-social-security

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Or the all inclusive, I am sane Pennsylvanian and I vote
http://santorumexposed.com/

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Exactly right! Even the Christ was rejected in his (Mk 6:4)!

Boxcar
Inform me Box please what Christ a Republican or Democrat. Oh that's right he was a savior. And you are comparing Santorum to Christ (awkward pause), (slowly backs away from the crazy people), that is very healthy(cough).

GaryG
09-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Turninforhome:

This is not hard. Please try, in your own words, to verbalize the things about Santorum that make your skin crawl etc. Not clips from a comedy act or some obscure blog. You, yourself, just put it down here, just the facts without the hyperbole and bullshit....mkay?

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't like the guy because his leanings toward making his campaign about gay marriage, and education being an indoctrination program is doing nothing towards coming up with solutions for the real problems in America, you know the economy. Where does he stand on jobs Cutting all corp taxes is gonna create jobs? Remove all form of regulation on the financial markets? A balanced budget is gonna come from this how? And IMHO the guy has a personality that would not inspire anything that is different than present day Washington. He and the other pork barrel thieves of PA have no business being let loose in the executive branch. He will tell what you whatever you wanna hear.

Tom
09-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Sounds just like Obama to me!

boxcar
09-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Inform me Box please what Christ a Republican or Democrat. Oh that's right he was a savior. And you are comparing Santorum to Christ (awkward pause), (slowly backs away from the crazy people), that is very healthy(cough).

You're wrong on all accounts. What part of the word "prophet" didn't you understand in Mk 6:4?

And the comparison is valid between Rick and Jesus because nearly all the prophets in the OT who were rejected and killed were murdered by various kings and rulers of Israel or Judah. Likewise, Christ (The Prophet) was rejected and delivered up to Rome to be killed by the two major political-religious parties of his day -- the Pharisees and Sadducees. But even these facts weren't the central thrust to my making the comparison. The main reason I made it is because of the time-proven adage that familiarity does indeed breed contempt (cf. also Lk 4:16-30).

Are you informed, yet?

Boxcar
P.S. Walking backwards can be detrimental to one's health unless you have eyes in the back in your head.

hcap
09-17-2011, 05:24 PM
You opened the proverbial can of worms. Nevertheless, I offer this worm killer.

v/AK7gI5lMB7M?

skate
09-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Or this, have elderly parents and vote
http://wonkette.com/453202/rick-santorum-proposes-olds-die-off-sooner-to-save-social-security

When you lefties try to make points, you have problems , you either go endlessly on and on. or you try to take someones point as you did here in your attachment.

Why why why ...dont you just bring in "ONE" negatory ness, as has been asked of you from above.

SO.... from your wonkette post i got the following;

“Does anybody in this room believe that somebody that 62 years old is too old to work in America today?” Santorum asked. “Social Security was established for people who were too old to work and therefore they needed the support of the federal government.”

“Now back in 1936 we probably did and that made sense. Why? Because life expectancy in 1936 was 61. It’s now 80… So you have a situation where things have changed, and for our young people it will even be longer. We keep gaining about a month every few years, we gain in life expectancy. And so the idea that we’re going to keep the Social Security program locked in on a 1937 actuarial chart makes no sense at all.”

I had not seen this much straight talk from any canidate so far.

He makes sense to me also, thanks.:)

Mike at A+
09-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Santorum is unelectable because America is trending away from God and it's easier for the athiests, the Jew haters and the Christian haters in the media and Hollywood to make fun of organized religion than it is for them to understand what it's all about. Eventually, the country will trend back the other way after several generations of suffering. But right now, it's "cool" to hate people of faith and even Democrats who "believe" have sold themselves out to what they think is a win in a big popularity contest. I personally don't want to hear politicians preach about religion but I acknowledge that there is definitely an overlap of religion, ethics, morality and plain old common sense. The Democrat strategy is to accuse opponents of trying to force religion on the populace when in reality it's ethics, morality and common sense they are trying to convey. Same sex marriage is a dumb concept. The MEANING of marriage is one man and one woman. To condone same sex marriage is the logical equivalent of allowing a dog to call itself a cat. And I'm all for civil unions that carry the same benefits of married couples. I just don't want them hijacking the word "marriage". I don't want future generations of "little Johnies" growing up thinking it's just as likely that the will marry the girl next door as it is to marry the 3rd. baseman on their little league team as if it was a 50/50 deal. Call it something else, make up a word - but NOT marriage.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Or the all inclusive, I am sane Pennsylvanian and I vote
http://santorumexposed.com/I'm glad you endorse websites like this. I just did a quick google search and found one I'm sure you'll also endorse. After all, it's an "exposed" site just like the one you posted:

http://www.exposeobama.com/

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Santorum is unelectable because America is trending away from God...Really? You really believe this? Or is this just an illusion proffered by the MSM and Hollywood?

Mike at A+
09-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Really? You really believe this? Or is this just an illusion proffered by the MSM and Hollywood?
Actually you have a good and possibly valid point. I've seen liberals post "studies" that say athiests have higher IQ's than people of faith and they run with that theory like it's gospel (no pun intended). But the media is powerful. They show us what they want us to see. The way I see it, I need to see indisputable facts before I buy into anything. In absence of those indisputable facts, my opinion is just as valid as anyone else's and I'm perfectly happy to adhere to those opinions while others adhere to theirs. I won't force mine on them and I won't allow them to force theirs on me.

Tom
09-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I would be more embarrassed by Obama giving a Save My Job speech at a company that is in the process of sending jobs out of the country.

turninforhome10
09-17-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm glad you endorse websites like this. I just did a quick google search and found one I'm sure you'll also endorse. After all, it's an "exposed" site just like the one you posted:

http://www.exposeobama.com/

You know PA thanks after delving a little deeper into the site it was probably not fair to instill such trash into a place that should have presented a more educated reason for not liking the guy. Retracted.

Greyfox
09-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Rick Santorum, ...

Stop right there. Rick Santorum is what he is.

http://www.imageenvision.com/150/25262-clip-art-graphic-of-a-santa-claus-cartoon-character-holding-a-stop-sign-by-toons4biz.jpg

You are a pretty curious person who would ever start a thread saying:

"I am ashamed to be a .....(of any State)"
just because one guy goes for the whatever he wants to achieve, within the limits of the Law.

GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE. IF YOU DON'T SEE THAT CLEARLY, SEE A CLINIC!"

turninforhome10
09-18-2011, 07:36 AM
I do applaud Mr Santorum for following a dream, but I am personally embarrassed that the state would mess around with giving the GOP nod to a candidate that has absolutely no shot at winning. We are currently trying to change the way the electoral college works in PA, and just when Repubs were making headway against a traditionally Dem state, the GOP is going to piss away any chance a us a being a battleground state. And now that Santorum has the nod what does this do for PA?
If voting for Bush in 2000 and 2004 and voting mostly Repub in PA elections in 2008 ( I did not vote for Pres in 2008, no solid choice) makes me lefty then how far right are we going.

NJ Stinks
09-18-2011, 10:00 PM
If voting for Bush in 2000 and 2004 and voting mostly Repub in PA elections in 2008 ( I did not vote for Pres in 2008, no solid choice) makes me lefty then how far right are we going.

Right off a cliff. Haven't you noticed? ;)

That Santorum was once a U.S. senator in PA is beyond comprehension.

toetoe
09-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Okay, I notice two replies from turninforhome which kinda sorta address what the haters might despise about Mr. Sanctum Sanctorum.

I'd love to hear an argument other than the horserace "he can't win" approach. Please tell me --- does the guy suck ? Does he snatch babies and drink their blood ? Does he drag his feet when pressed to "drop trou" by the "anti-bullying" [read: homosexuality normalization] lobby ? Can he take or leave Rachel Carson ? Has he no grudge against carbon ?

Still waiting.

singletax
09-18-2011, 11:30 PM
What is ironic in Pennsylvania GOP politics is the State GOP is trying to reduce Pennsylvania's electoral vote from 22 down to approx. 3-6 electoral votes. Instead of popular vote deciding the electoral vote count they want each congressional district deciding. Depending on the scenario PA. is a split for Democrats and Republicans about 5-6 above a split. They fear the black vote in Philadelphia will give the state to Obama.

At the same time Rick Santorum is running to make a case to be vice president with Rick Perry. He knows he has no chance of being nominated for President but is hoping the math will work out and hop on the Perry ticket because Perry will need Pa.

However, Perry will not need Pennsylvania (Santorum on his ticket) if the Pa. electoral votes are reduced. There will be other swing states like FL, OH, etc. where the math works much better.

This will impact Pa. on a political level and also reduce the amount of money coming into the state from the national campaigns.