PDA

View Full Version : If Bumper Stickers Reflected the Way People Really Think...

LottaKash
09-16-2011, 09:18 PM
What would your "Sticker" of today, say ? ....:jump:

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/lottakash/Racing%20and%20Such/bumper-stickers_600.jpg

TJDave
09-16-2011, 09:43 PM
In our polarized society I'm amazed that anyone would put a bumper sticker on their car. It's an invitation to get keyed.

I'm also amazed that insurers don't have policy exclusions against it.

Tom
09-16-2011, 09:47 PM
A few of mine....

HUSKER55
09-16-2011, 09:48 PM
AL-QUADA IS WINNING THE WAR. BO IS PRESIDENT

Mike at A+
09-16-2011, 09:51 PM

Robert Goren
09-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I had a Nadar/Laduke sticker on an old car of mine for years. My boss used to bitch about because I used car at work some. I told him I take off when I got my first mileage check. I never got a mileage check so it stayed on until the car died.
There is one sticker I saw once and wanted. I have never been able to find it.
"OPEN YOUR BIBLE
FREE GIFT INSIDE"

HUSKER55
09-16-2011, 10:01 PM
GOOD ONE ROBERT

newtothegame
09-16-2011, 10:22 PM
In our polarized society I'm amazed that anyone would put a bumper sticker on their car. It's an invitation to get keyed.

I'm also amazed that insurers don't have policy exclusions against it.

You know Dave, with political correctness and all (we have all seen stories where people have been terminated from employment for car decals), you're right. I am sure Insurance won't be far behind in protecting their investments as well.

newtothegame
09-16-2011, 10:23 PM
P.S my vehicles only carry Highschool emblems of my grandaughters dance team and logo's ....

bigmack
09-16-2011, 10:54 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/963.jpg

http://amazingdata.com/mediadata/Image/0200906251424081218.jpg

http://amazingdata.com/mediadata/Image/0200906251424021210.jpg

boxcar
09-16-2011, 11:26 PM
There is one sticker I saw once and wanted. I have never been able to find it.

"OPEN YOUR BIBLE
FREE GIFT INSIDE"

You should take the bumper sticker's exhortation to heart; for the free gift offered in the bible is not only free but of inestimable value in this life as well as in the next (Rom 6:23; Mat 13:44).

Boxcar

BlueShoe
09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
It's an invitation to get keyed.
Keyed? In Bolshevik California if I pasted stickers to express my opinions and feelings would likely get my tires slashed, windows smashed, or perhaps even fire bombed by the far left loons running around loose in this state. As of now, the only sticker on my bumper is my Triple-A decal.

riskman
09-17-2011, 12:00 AM
You know Dave, with political correctness and all (we have all seen stories where people have been terminated from employment for car decals), you're right. I am sure Insurance won't be far behind in protecting their investments as well.

It is not their investment they are protecting, it is the policy holder, and they pay a premium for this protection.Policy exclusion because of a bumper sticker---well that is way beyond reason, should it start with a decal of old glory and end with a parking permit for the White House Limo? Our Mayor Bloomberg would be the first to support such an atrocious idea as he has demonstrated in the past he knows what is "good" for everybody. Just ask him.

newtothegame
09-17-2011, 12:13 AM
It is not their investment they are protecting, it is the policy holder, and they pay a premium for this protection.Policy exclusion because of a bumper sticker---well that is way beyond reason, should it start with a decal of old glory and end with a parking permit for the White House Limo? Our Mayor Bloomberg would be the first to support such an atrocious idea as he has demonstrated in the past he knows what is "good" for everybody. Just ask him.

Ohhh it is part their investment riskman.....
Otherwise, they would just pay the claims no matter how they happened. By adding an exclussion, the insurance company is trying to protect from having to pay that or any claim that can be construed as having been caused because of....
I agree it would be beyond reason.....but that doesnt mean it wouldnt happen.
I will give you a perfect example.....
I recently bought a new truck. Less then 2800 miles on it and I noticed a transmission fluid leak. No noticeable shifting problems, noises, etc etc. But, I thought it best to have it checked ASAP. Next morning, I take it in and low and behold, front transmission pump, all the seals etc etc need to be replaced. Dealer tried to tell me it "could of been due to me not following manufacturing driving instructions" for first five thousand miles.
I immediately asked "what"???? And asked if he had a phone I could use to contact a "friend" for some legal advice.
Needless to say, they are putting a new transmission in my truck.
Point is, they all try to protect themselves and if possible, will have the consumer paying for things that is supposed to be "covered".
I know of no insurance company who is in the business to pay claims. They like collecting the premiums but, when a claim is made...well sometimes its not the most pleasant experience.